Astro's Birthday tomorrow!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AprilSeven
Silent Song

So is Uran's Birthday the same as Astros?

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

It just occurred to me, that Uran (aka Astro Girl) was given to Astro as a birthday present . . . so . . . that means April 7 is also HER birthday?

We shouldn't forget her -- ! I like how they developed her character in the Pluto manga -- not so "bratty" but definitely independent, and comical in a lovable way.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

While the B&W version did deliver her as a birthday present, the 1980s made her a New Years Day present. I believe the original manga version was rewritten such that her birth date was lost.

I also think that the PLUTO version of Uran is a fresh difference, though I would not say I like it better than others.

Saiel
Kokoro Robot

Postby Saiel » 14 years ago

Aww I can't believe i missed Astro's b'day!!! D=
HAPPY *BELATED* BIRTHDAY ASTRO!!!

I've been a fan of Astro since the 2003 series came out when i was a kid but the movie really got me hooked into it again and i am so greatful! XD and now i've been searching every comic book store for the original manga =D

By the way this is the first forum i have ever joined so i don't really know how they work hehe sorry

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

hi- APRILSEVEN- THAT CARTOON IS SO CUTE- she kinda reminds me of me- thanks

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 14 years ago

Earlier in the discussion, it was mentioned that that Astro was 58, according to the date first published.
But what? The date the very first Tetsuwan Atomu manga was first published, or the date that the issue of Ambassador Atom he debuted in was first published?
lolwut

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Earlier in the discussion, it was mentioned that that Astro was 58, according to the date first published.
But what? The date the very first Tetsuwan Atomu manga was first published, or the date that the issue of Ambassador Atom he debuted in was first published?

Under later reading I believe I got the Ambassador Atom date. :unsure: From I have read he was changed about 2 years later to Tetsuwan Atom. That might have to be clarified on the About section, because that is where I got my original info.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

HI- THOSE ARE SO CUTE LLM AND THAT PICTURE OF THAT BOY IS DARLING- AND THE STATEMENT "NOTHING WILL BE BORN FROM HATRED" is so true-

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

"avatargirl" wrote:HI- THOSE ARE SO CUTE LLM AND THAT PICTURE OF THAT BOY IS DARLING- AND THE STATEMENT "NOTHING WILL BE BORN FROM HATRED" is so true-

Thank you!

My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"avatargirl" wrote:HI- THOSE ARE SO CUTE LLM AND THAT PICTURE OF THAT BOY IS DARLING- AND THE STATEMENT "NOTHING WILL BE BORN FROM HATRED" is so true-

"That boy" is our Astro -- but as he might actually look (notice his cowlicks are in the same positions as Astro's "spikes.") So many Astro/Atoms -- you don't get bored. Perfect for a Gemini, like me! :w00t:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Earlier in the discussion, it was mentioned that that Astro was 58, according to the date first published.

As a character, his origin is in Ambassador Atom. As a series, about a year later. His fictional birth date is April 7, 2003.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”