Astro's Birthday tomorrow!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Did anyone ever work up Astro's Natal Chart?? He's an Aries...

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

You know, where all the stars are aligned at time of birth -- an individualized astrological profile of someone born in Tokyo on April 7, 2003? I've searched but couldn't find anything.

It would be very interesting to see what the "stars" say his personality would be like.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 14 years ago

Just wanted to wish Atom/Astro boy a very happy birthday! I've been a fan of yours since 1963 and so here's to you Atom! "Catch the Future!" A very happy birthday and many more! :astro: :lol: :astro: :heart:

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

*Wakes up in the bath tub and sees her house a mess.* Wow...that was a good party...

*Gigglesnort.*
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

When I was on facebook I told my friend its astro boys birthday and she made a video of her singing happy birthday to astro boy :)
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"clashing claws" wrote:When I was on facebook I told my friend its astro boys birthday and she made a video of her singing happy birthday to astro boy :)

LMAO...so neat
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

Thanks Jeffbert! I recently found the Tezuka in English site -- that is a an incredible compilation you've put together -- I'll enjoy going through it all.

It's really fascinating to read/view this body of work as an adult (I appreciate the humor now -- including the "punny" character/location names). There was always something "more" to the overarching story that made it stick in my mind all these years. I'm also currently reading "The Astro Boy Essays" to gain insight into Osamu Tezuka and his creations.

One episode I've been trying to find online (or images of) is "Astro Boy Stolen" #140. Supposedly they move his memory into an adult body (and someone then steals his original child-age body). Do you know of where to find this or could you post an image from this episode (I understand it wasn't subbed).

I always figured that if the series continued, they'd eventually have him grow up, etc. so I have long wondered how they'd reinterpret his appearance as an adult (I DON'T see much of Dr. Tenma in him; must look like his Mom!)! And what about those spikes? Does he get a new hair strategy?

Thanks!!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

WAAH! I'm a bad fan. It was his birthday yesterday and I totally missed it T_T
Well, looks like Astro had a good time XD
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Thanks Jeffbert!
One episode I've been trying to find online (or images of) is "Astro Boy Stolen" #140. Supposedly they move his memory into an adult body (and someone then steals his original child-age body). Do you know of where to find this or could you post an image from this episode (I understand it wasn't subbed).
Thanks!!

Give me a few days; BTW, most of the video was lost, & simple line drawings were made to fill the gap. Also, the manga version is in vol 10.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:WAAH! I'm a bad fan. It was his birthday yesterday and I totally missed it T_T
Well, looks like Astro had a good time XD

:astro: It does indeed. I can soooo imagine Astro drunk lol did chu do that poster btw?

Oh...hey Dragonrider, you've given me an idea :eek:

Astro looks trendy in a tutu don't chu agree? :lol:

gabriel
Kokoro Robot

Postby gabriel » 14 years ago

an individualized astrological profile of someone born in Tokyo on April 7, 2003? I've searched but couldn't find anything.

I found it, but i had to translate it in English, I hope I have done a good job. Here is the profile: you are patient and generous. You are reliable and tender, but you are also quite naive and other persons could gain profit from this. You are a natural leader and you are full of hidden resources. You have a great sense of responsibility but you have to struggle a lot before reaching your goals.
Astro's zodiacal sign is Aries, so his features are (1 means little, 2 medium, 3 much): Caution 1; Courage 3; Loyalty 2; Inspiration 3; Jealousy 2; Passion 3; Playfulness 3; Possessivity 2; Cuteness 3.

I think it suits perfectly Astroboy, don't you think?.

Wow...that was a good party...

*Astroboy (thinking about 7 April): "That party was terrible! Dragonrider photographed a lot my butt cheeks (see tushy shots topic) and Nora pinched them all the time!"*

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”