Astroboy 2003 uncut and subtitled, I have it.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
gamera
Kokoro Robot

Astroboy 2003 uncut and subtitled, I have it.

Postby gamera » 14 years ago

Listen guys my name is regan im a huge anime fan and have been working with box fansubs to bring many anime classic you cant find anywhere to the masses.
Just like you guys im a huge astro boy fan and with the North american dvd release of the 2003 astro boy I was not only disappointed but insulted. The north american version was the very worse release of all in regards to astro boy 2003. The reason why is very lowdown, I can tell you why we got such a poor release, the Japanese are worried about reverse importation. Its cheaper for Japanese people to import anime from north american then to even by it local japanese, so for that reason they made sure the north american dvd had no japanese audio track. Also the show was mad ein beautiful widescreen so what do they do, they give us a cropped version cutting off the edges on every shot. Did you know only the north american version is cropped, every other release is widescreen, even the england release.

For this reason I am going to release all 1-24 to you guys in rapidshare or megaupload links, but heres the problem im missing episode 20 eternal boy, Its was only released in japan because of peter pan copy right. I noticed alot of you hae the fan sub that was done of episode 20, I read on this forum about it, so heres the deal...

Someone on this forum get me the episode 20 fansub (the torrent of it is now deas) I need someone to sher this with me, any way will do im pretty good on the computer. Share it so then we can get every astro boy fan episodes 1-24 uncut, I then am going to fan sub the rest with the japanese dvd rips.

Please help me so I can help you....

email me at reganstrongblood@gmail.com if you are willing to share.
when I get the episode 20 eternal boy fansub I will then release 1-24 on torrent and also megauplod link.

viva astro
thanks guys
regan

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 14 years ago

If I had it I would share, but I only have the Japanese bootleg dvd version and I am not techno savvy enough to know how to copy it from the dvd to my computer to share. I hope you can find a copy, because I would love to see a fansubbed version of the uncut 2003 Astro Boy! :heart:
:astro:
Last edited by animegirlalways on Fri May 07, 2010 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

Postby UraniumxAtom » 14 years ago

Uwah!!! I own that whole version. Not the uncut one. :( I'd very much like to finish watching the uncut one. And if even that one doesn't have anything Atom x Uran, I'll still continue making my own stuff AND watching/reading the real Atom. :)
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]
Click the link!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

I knew the English suffered lots of censoring, even stupid ones. But I had no idea the screen got cropped too. I feel kinda guilty because i live in England so i might not have that problem, ^-^; Although i'm pretty tempted just to buy the original Japanese, if I could figure out where. :cry:

The enternal boy episode, i've seen it on youtube somewhere. I can't remember where, but if i see it again i'll be sure let you know. But other than that I'm sorry I don't have the subbed version.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the subbed version for the final episode? ;_; I'm dying to know what Tenma and Astro say to each other in that.

AmericanSailor
Metro City Citizen

Postby AmericanSailor » 13 years ago

I know this is a little late, but i found episode 20 here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3G869LU3. I would really like help with the english sub. I found some torrents, but no seeds. The English dub is a travesty though. I wish sony would refinish it in 16:9 and keep the original cut. Thank You... post # 1 :)

gamera
Kokoro Robot

Astroboy (Tetsuwan Atom) 2003 COMPLETE - 1-24 (OFFICIAL SUBS) - 25-50 (HK SUBS)

Postby gamera » 11 years ago

<link removed>

This is the 2003 Astro Boy TV series, officially subbed for eps 1-24, and with HK subs for the remainder of the show.

DVD Raws and subbing of episode 20 were provided by deraku, along with the rips for the official subtitles of the first 24 episodes. I have ripped the remainder of the HK subs and timed them to his raws, allowing English viewers to watch the series for the first time in its original widescreen format, unedited.

The HK subs do mess up names from time to time, and their writing and grammar can get awkward, but they are generally understandable and one can follow the whole story with them. This will be a good holdover until someone properly fansubs the rest of this wonderful series. If you downloaded the first torrent, these are the same raws, save 44 which was deraku's v2 release.

The English version of the show changed quite a bit, including episode order, the entire soundtrack, and most dialogue. It was not horrible, but it sadly did not retain the epic feel much of the original version had.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Vergere on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing link

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

Is there a point to this thread? Most of us have known about the Korean DVDs and the bootleg DVDs for a while. The rest of this talk just seems like pointless piracy for the sake of piracy. What happened to fansubbing the rest of the show? That would be a great thing to talk about instead, plus it would be harmless.
I'm on Twitter.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

I'm disappointed with the importation of the series.
In the end, we have only a pile of junk rather than the real thing.
It would be possible for us have the right to get the real series uncut and with original audio in the DVDs? I want to buy something with quality and worth of my money.

gamera
Kokoro Robot

Postby gamera » 11 years ago

There is a point, listen the Korean DVDs are widescreen and uncut but they only did the first 24 episode or did they..... No in fact episode 20 was not release outside of Japan its the episode called eternal boy. Also the hk bootlegs are cropped as is the north american release. So the point it this release is all widecreen all uncut and the subtitles from the korean rip are used in the first 24 while the hk subtitles have been fixed up and placed on the japanese uncut episodes from the japanese release. So the point is here us the real Astro boy 2003 the way it should have been treated and released for astro boy fans. Im just trying to bring justice to the true fans and that is the point F-man!

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

If we want to support the Tetsuwan Atom franchise (Astro Boy), piracy is not a way to do it. Tezuka Production is not in a very good shape now, so they need every support we can give them. That means buying their products or using legal streams.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”