Anyone ever think this?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

Oh no, that's so sad! But I wouldn't say she looks like Atom any more than Dr. Tenma -- Like I said: Kinda makes ya wonder what Mrs. T was up to while the professor was busy running the Ministry of Science! :d evil: Not that I'm trying to start rumors or anything!! ;)

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

Yeah it is sad

Postby UraniumxAtom » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Oh no, that's so sad! But I wouldn't say she looks like Atom any more than Dr. Tenma -- Like I said: Kinda makes ya wonder what Mrs. T was up to while the professor was busy running the Ministry of Science! :d evil: Not that I'm trying to start rumors or anything!! ;)

I think she was just being a house wife that whole time. lol Until Atom was brought home, then she was all confused for a while and shocked and had a hard time getting used to raising a robot instead of Tobio. But she ended up loving Atom just as much as he loved her from the start. :)
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]
Click the link!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

YES IT IS SAD- HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE HOUSEWIFE PART- URANIUMXATOM- LOVE TO BE A HOUSEWIFE and have children and also a sweet robot like ASTRO BOY

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

"UraniumxAtom" wrote:Has anyone besides me and my boyfriend ever think that Cora might actually be the new version of Uran? I mean, think about it. Astro sort of gets "adopted" into her "family" and shes a tom boy, too. Not to mention she still has short, black hair like Uran. I've been thinking that ever since I saw the movie for the first time. But sometimes, I still think that she could be another girl like Nikki or something... And I did NOT like Nikki... My first impression of Atom made me think maybe he liked Uran, and that could have been a possibility. They are not related, they are from different families, and they may be registered together in a robot family, but that doesn't make them related. And it was because of that first impression that I saw these other girls that Atom began to like and I got extremely jealous. I think Atom and Cora look cute together, but if taken too far, I sometimes forget to think that she could be Uran. Its a love-hate relationship for me. :/ But anyway... Part of my point now, is just that its hard to think that Atom thinks of her as a sister, especially when things like this happen:

Only girl I wouldn't be jealous of if she got Atom would be Surume from the manga. I read her chapter before I ever even knew Uran and I thought it was sooo cuuuute that she fell in love with Atom.

I really didn't think of that but good point
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

@Avatar girl:
Oh, yes that would be nice. :) But I'd much rather be the housewife for Atom~ <3

@Clashing Claws:

lol I think most everyone here says the same thing. :)
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]

Click the link!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

kinda agree UraniumxAtom- but i also think Cora was a girl that ASTRO BOY like as a human friend and because of her he grew to love both humans and robots so much and was willing to give his all to protect them.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Of course Dr. Tenma could create Uran in a sequel just to give Astro a sibling...

Luke and Leia did NOT look alike - that's why I was taken by surprise when it was revealed they were (fraternal, of course) twins. Uran looks very much like Astro with her spikes going in different directions (but I see that kind of similarity in siblings all the time)

HERE'S the REAL question -- Tobio/Astro doesn't look like Tenma at all! Makes ya wonder about Mrs. Tenma! :whistling:

Funny you mentioned that. In the manga in book seven,they did actually reveal there is a Mrs. Tenma. Her name is Hoshie and she looks like Astro's robot mom. Mrs. Tenma sadly died of a heart attack a short time after Tobio's got into an accident, and after Astro was built. So sad. :( :hyo:
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;98659]Of course Dr. Tenma could create Uran in a sequel just to give Astro a sibling...

Luke and Leia did NOT look alike - that's why I was taken by surprise when it was revealed they were (fraternal, of course) twins. Uran looks very much like Astro with her spikes going in different directions (but I see that kind of similarity in siblings all the time)

HERE'S the REAL question -- Tobio/Astro doesn't look like Tenma at all! Makes ya wonder about Mrs. Tenma! :whistling:

Funny you mentioned that. In the manga in book seven,they did actually reveal there is a Mrs. Tenma. Her name is Hoshie and she looks like Astro's robot mom. Mrs. Tenma sadly died of a heart attack a short time after Tobio's got into an accident, and after Astro was built. So sad. :( :hyo: [/QUOTE]

Thanks for supplying the name!! :) I totally forgot her name. lol Haven't read that volume since sometime last year. lol

Click the link!

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:[QUOTE=UraniumxAtom;98637][QUOTE=AprilSeven;98633]You know, I had that same thought!! Maybe we're both on to something here -- after all Dr. Elefun built Uran -- but Astro is not estranged from Dr. Tenma at the end of the film, so there would be no "reason" for Uran to exist.

BTW I understand your feelings -- I was freaked out when I found out Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia were twins -- I wanted THEM to be the couple. For myself, I do see Uran strictly as Astro's little sister.

Lol Luke and Leia... xD They did look cute together in that first movie. :) Actually, when two characters are twins, but not related, it drives me nuts. Twins always match, so they always look cute together... Thats another opinion I have on UranxAtom. :/ They're just too adorable when you compare the two.[/QUOTE]

Actually, fraternal twins - when they are boy and girl - are NEVER identical. Only twins of the same gender can be either identical or "looking-glass" twins. Boy and girl twins come from 2 different eggs, while identical/same-sex twins come from the same egg.

Thus endeth the genetics lesson for today. :tenma: [/QUOTE]

Nice. :rolleyes:
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

If you want my opinion, here is what I think about Cora. In a way, she kinda reminds me of Kathy from the 80's series Robot Circus episode. Why, you ask? Well, for one, she is one of HamEgg's assistants, and two, while it's true how most people say she is his love interest, in a way, she was also kinda like an older sister to Astro similar to Kathy. Cora also is very tomboyish, like Uran (though, obviously more mature), and a love interest to Astro, like Niki. Plus have you ever noticed how she looks like a modernized version of Surame, a girl character from the manga? In fact, when I first saw the commercial for the movie, when i saw Cora, I thought I had deja vue, because I thought I knew I saw her in the manga. LOL!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”