Anyone ever think this?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

Anyone ever think this?

Postby UraniumxAtom » 14 years ago

Has anyone besides me and my boyfriend ever think that Cora might actually be the new version of Uran? I mean, think about it. Astro sort of gets "adopted" into her "family" and shes a tom boy, too. Not to mention she still has short, black hair like Uran. I've been thinking that ever since I saw the movie for the first time. But sometimes, I still think that she could be another girl like Nikki or something... And I did NOT like Nikki... My first impression of Atom made me think maybe he liked Uran, and that could have been a possibility. They are not related, they are from different families, and they may be registered together in a robot family, but that doesn't make them related. And it was because of that first impression that I saw these other girls that Atom began to like and I got extremely jealous. I think Atom and Cora look cute together, but if taken too far, I sometimes forget to think that she could be Uran. Its a love-hate relationship for me. :/ But anyway... Part of my point now, is just that its hard to think that Atom thinks of her as a sister, especially when things like this happen:

Only girl I wouldn't be jealous of if she got Atom would be Surume from the manga. I read her chapter before I ever even knew Uran and I thought it was sooo cuuuute that she fell in love with Atom.
Last edited by UraniumxAtom on Sun May 09, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had to change the image url.
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]
Click the link!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

You know, I had that same thought!! Maybe we're both on to something here -- after all Dr. Elefun built Uran -- but Astro is not estranged from Dr. Tenma at the end of the film, so there would be no "reason" for Uran to exist.

BTW I understand your feelings -- I was freaked out when I found out Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia were twins -- I wanted THEM to be the couple. For myself, I do see Uran strictly as Astro's little sister.

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

Never thought of it like that, but since Astro and Dr. Tenma are like father and son again at the end of the film, then Astro would have no need for any robot siblings seeing as he ends up with a real family [or at least a real dad]. So Uran wouldn't have a reason to be built at all, besides Cora is like a sort of love interest instead, a bit like Nikki.
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

Is Cora really like Nikki?

"karl0s" wrote:Never thought of it like that, but since Astro and Dr. Tenma are like father and son again at the end of the film, then Astro would have no need for any robot siblings seeing as he ends up with a real family [or at least a real dad]. So Uran wouldn't have a reason to be built at all, besides Cora is like a sort of love interest instead, a bit like Nikki.

... Don't make me dislike Cora. Please? I really do like thinking of Cora as the new version of Uran... It made me happy the night I realized all of their similarities, because I love UranxAtom... So, it made me like CoraxAtom, too. But yeah... The fact that Uran wouldn't be built is somewhat saddening. You have a point, there. Actually, I went to the movie dressed as Uran, because I felt so sad that she wouldn't be in the actual movie.
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]

Click the link!

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

Uran and Atom as Twins

"AprilSeven" wrote:You know, I had that same thought!! Maybe we're both on to something here -- after all Dr. Elefun built Uran -- but Astro is not estranged from Dr. Tenma at the end of the film, so there would be no "reason" for Uran to exist.

BTW I understand your feelings -- I was freaked out when I found out Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia were twins -- I wanted THEM to be the couple. For myself, I do see Uran strictly as Astro's little sister.

Lol Luke and Leia... xD They did look cute together in that first movie. :) Actually, when two characters are twins, but not related, it drives me nuts. Twins always match, so they always look cute together... Thats another opinion I have on UranxAtom. :/ They're just too adorable when you compare the two.

Click the link!

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

"UraniumxAtom" wrote:[QUOTE=karl0s;98634]Never thought of it like that, but since Astro and Dr. Tenma are like father and son again at the end of the film, then Astro would have no need for any robot siblings seeing as he ends up with a real family [or at least a real dad]. So Uran wouldn't have a reason to be built at all, besides Cora is like a sort of love interest instead, a bit like Nikki.

... Don't make me dislike Cora. Please? I really do like thinking of Cora as the new version of Uran... It made me happy the night I realized all of their similarities, because I love UranxAtom... So, it made me like CoraxAtom, too. But yeah... The fact that Uran wouldn't be built is somewhat saddening. You have a point, there. Actually, I went to the movie dressed as Uran, because I felt so sad that she wouldn't be in the actual movie.[/QUOTE]

Even shes the newer version of uran its still unpleasant to me
For some explanation i don t know why it doesn't suits me

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"karl0s" wrote:Never thought of it like that, but since Astro and Dr. Tenma are like father and son again at the end of the film, then Astro would have no need for any robot siblings seeing as he ends up with a real family [or at least a real dad]. So Uran wouldn't have a reason to be built at all, besides Cora is like a sort of love interest instead, a bit like Nikki.

I agree, I see Cora as a love interest too. And I'd rather that Astro remain a singular, special robot - a robot with the soul of a child, regenerated by the mysterious Blue Core. So I also think that Astro doesn't need robot parents or robot siblings. I actually think that Imagi's newer version of Astro makes more sense than the original Astro, as created by sensei Tezuka. I have a hard time grasping the idea that robots could ever be seen as equal to humans, since humans created them - but a robot with a soul is something else again. In Astro, Dr. Tenma wasn't trying to create a robot, he was trying to recreate a person. So Astro IS a robot, and yet he isn't, and that's the mystery and tragedy at the core of his being. And I like him that way. :)

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"UraniumxAtom" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;98633]You know, I had that same thought!! Maybe we're both on to something here -- after all Dr. Elefun built Uran -- but Astro is not estranged from Dr. Tenma at the end of the film, so there would be no "reason" for Uran to exist.

Lol Luke and Leia... xD They did look cute together in that first movie. :) Actually, when two characters are twins, but not related, it drives me nuts. Twins always match, so they always look cute together... Thats another opinion I have on UranxAtom. :/ They're just too adorable when you compare the two.[/QUOTE]

Actually, fraternal twins - when they are boy and girl - are NEVER identical. Only twins of the same gender can be either identical or "looking-glass" twins. Boy and girl twins come from 2 different eggs, while identical/same-sex twins come from the same egg.

Thus endeth the genetics lesson for today. :tenma:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

Of course Dr. Tenma could create Uran in a sequel just to give Astro a sibling...

Luke and Leia did NOT look alike - that's why I was taken by surprise when it was revealed they were (fraternal, of course) twins. Uran looks very much like Astro with her spikes going in different directions (but I see that kind of similarity in siblings all the time)

HERE'S the REAL question -- Tobio/Astro doesn't look like Tenma at all! Makes ya wonder about Mrs. Tenma! :whistling:

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

Luke AnD Leia

"AprilSeven" wrote:Of course Dr. Tenma could create Uran in a sequel just to give Astro a sibling...

Luke and Leia did NOT look alike - that's why I was taken by surprise when it was revealed they were (fraternal, of course) twins. Uran looks very much like Astro with her spikes going in different directions (but I see that kind of similarity in siblings all the time)

HERE'S the REAL question -- Tobio/Astro doesn't look like Tenma at all! Makes ya wonder about Mrs. Tenma! :whistling:

Yeah, sorry. I worded it wrong. I know they don't look alike. I was just saying I agreed with you and then I went from there to saying my random opinion on twin sets that aren't related. I have a boyfriend who looks almost like he could be my twin brother and we like almost all the same things.

Click the link!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”