Astro Boy: And The Indestructible Clothes

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Astro Boy: And The Indestructible Clothes

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

This thread is created under much questioning from many fans of the movie…

WHY DIDN'T ASTRO'S CLOTHES EVER GET BLASTED OFF!? :eek:

The answer is clear, if you didn't know about the series when watching the movie before hand then it might be odd seeing a boy in underpants on the big screen. Now lets just clear that up...THEY'RE SPEEDOS! If the movie had been set at a beach no one would've complained, Astro would’ve blended in with the crowd! :ninja:

It's this factor of modesty that has bound Astro's clothes to defy the laws of physics up until the last 5 minutes of the movie, in fear Tezuka’s ghost would haunt Imagi if they didn’t. :hyo:

But surely the laws of physics can't be behind all of it? How is it when missiles are fired at Astro or he is blown through several walls and so forth that his glorious pants, shirt and jacket remain intact!? O_O

Astro: Ow, i think I dislocated my shoulder and I feel like...hey, hey I smell of roses after all that? Aweso-KABOOM!

Now I can understand some of the reasons, adapting a cartoon character into 3D needs changes (Take Astro's spiky hair changing places every so often). You also have to consider if Astro had at that point - when getting blasted off Metro City - lost his clothes and went back to the Speedo's and boots for a while, some of the scenes afterwards would've caused a problem. Such as meeting the zombie robots, Cora and friends, or the RRF.

One could only imagine their reactions... :lol:

Astro: They're in...Metro City.
Cora: Metro City!? You hear that guys his clothes are in Metro City and he's actually talking to me!
Astro: :cry: C-Can I have a shirt?

Another thing are the pants. How is it the pockets open when Astro uses the machine guns and then close again afterwards? Shouldn’t they be ripped?

In the early making of the movie Tezuka Productions was not happy with the size of Astro's tush, because...it was too small. So a long meeting took place between them and Imagi - with a screen and button to increase and decrease -until they finally settled on what made Astro's tush as it is today. A true story if you search hard enough...just thought i'd...mention that...>_<; *covers eyes*

There is only one person that could be behind it, that could hold the answers to why Astro has such stylish yet indestructible clothes…

Edna Mode -_-

When all is said and done, was it really right to hide Astro's classic costume for 95% of movie?
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Thu May 27, 2010 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

*dies*

I think that last image of Tenma has given me perpetual nightmares...

...Ah, who cares! xD *rofl*
*dust*

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

LOL, CRAZY! *Falls out of chair laughing.* :lol: :lol: :lol:
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

LOL! Edna Mode from The Incredibles designed his outfit! Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies. You should make a YouTube poop with that comic!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

lol yes meeting them for the first time in just the speedo would be awkward. At least his pants and shirt should have been ripped and the jacket disintegrated after being hit with that final attack.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:LOL! Edna Mode from The Incredibles designed his outfit! Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies. You should make a YouTube poop with that comic!

Edna made MY outfit, as well.

:cool:
*dust*

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

O M freaking G!!!
LittleAcorn -- you deserve a GOLD MEDAL of ACHIEVEMENT for this MASTERPIECE!!

I laughed so hard I used 3 Kleenex. THANK YOU for creating this ditty for us to enjoy!

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

"AprilSeven" wrote:O M freaking G!!!

I laughed so hard I used 3 Kleenex. THANK YOU for creating this ditty for us to enjoy!

I approve of this. :cool:
(Not that it matters, but still...)
*dust*

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:O M freaking G!!!

:blush: Daw April, thank you! *3 Kleenex no waaaaay!*

...*holds up paperbag* need one? o.o

Faram45
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Faram45 » 14 years ago

Now that's funny.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”