Who Should i E-mail

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Guys, I'm pretty familiar with the animation business, and I can honestly say that the circumstances required for a new Astro Boy series are the following:

1) Good communication with Tezuka Productions
2) A lot of profit to be had (this is extremely important for studios)
3) Instant potential for stories

Keep in mind that new Astro Boy series are made on a system of one every twenty years, so it's another ten years at least until a realistic plan date. I remember being twelve and thinking "AW YEAH IF I ASK THEM THEY'LL MAKE THIS" but it's totally unrealistic.

Believe me, I tried to pitch something to Nelvana Productions earlier this year, but it got turned down for being too dark. I was disappointed at first until I realized it was totally not a kid's show (it had to do with lots of ghosts, and ghost = dead people). While everyone wishes something they want could get made, it all comes down to availability and money.

There's always room for you to make a fan comic or fiction, however.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Well I wouldn't get my hopes up but it wouldn't hurt to try. I mean if you get enough people to support you it could happen but there are some setbacks that could prevent this from happening. I know how you feel, I really would like to see this series continue to go places by making more series and it is a shame that Astro Boy isn't as popular as other anime in America. I think it's really lame that there are people out there that think Astro Boy is a rip off of Mega Man. (Even though it's really the other way around.)

Over all I say go for it, just try not to get your hopes up though.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

Like i said earlier, the best that could happen is they bring back the '03 series
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 13 years ago

"t-bucket10" wrote:well who should I ANNOY until they do it,because I want a new series SOUND THE AlARM,NICKOLODEON,HERE WE COME

I agree with you. I think a TV series based on the movie would be awesome. But the movie didn't do well initially (although I think it'll make its money back in time), so a TV series is unlikely.

But what the heck - email, or better yet, snail mail Nickelodeon, or maybe the Disney Channel (snail mail is always more effective and taken more seriously by the networks than e-mail.) They're always looking for new programming, and I think a CGI Astro Boy show would fit in well with either network. (The Disney channel is particularly looking for more shows that attract boys; Astro might be a good choice for Disney in that regard).

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"Fauna" wrote:Guys, I'm pretty familiar with the animation business, and I can honestly say that the circumstances required for a new Astro Boy series are the following:

1) Good communication with Tezuka Productions
2) A lot of profit to be had (this is extremely important for studios)
3) Instant potential for stories

Keep in mind that new Astro Boy series are made on a system of one every twenty years, so it's another ten years at least until a realistic plan date. I remember being twelve and thinking "AW YEAH IF I ASK THEM THEY'LL MAKE THIS" but it's totally unrealistic.

Believe me, I tried to pitch something to Nelvana Productions earlier this year, but it got turned down for being too dark. I was disappointed at first until I realized it was totally not a kid's show (it had to do with lots of ghosts, and ghost = dead people). While everyone wishes something they want could get made, it all comes down to availability and money.

There's always room for you to make a fan comic or fiction, however.

Sorry your pitch didn't work out. I hope you find a home for your creation, or that you find a way to make it more palatable for a production studio. Good luck! :astro:

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"Astro Boy8629" wrote:Like i said earlier, the best that could happen is they bring back the '03 series

If you want to see the '03 series, or the very first series, buy a Roku. It's a device that attaches your TV to the internet. I have one, and it's got Netflix and Amazon on Demand and will soon have Hulu Plus. And Netflix has the '03 Astro Boy series available for viewing, plus the 1960's version (but not the '80's version, oddly enough). I've been watching the '03 series and having a blast. The Roku is awesome!!!! And the high-end version only costs around a hundred bucks. I've gotten rid of my cable because of it and I don't miss it a bit. My Roku is much more affordable and has MUCH BETTER programming than my cable company ever did. Right now, I'm not only watching Astro Boy, I'm watching other cool anime like Fruits Basket! AWESOMENESS!!!! :D :astro:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:[QUOTE=Astro Boy8629;109947]Like i said earlier, the best that could happen is they bring back the '03 series

If you want to see the '03 series, or the very first series, buy a Roku. It's a device that attaches your TV to the internet. I have one, and it's got Netflix and Amazon on Demand and will soon have Hulu Plus. And Netflix has the '03 Astro Boy series available for viewing, plus the 1960's version (but not the '80's version, oddly enough). I've been watching the '03 series and having a blast. The Roku is awesome!!!! And the high-end version only costs around a hundred bucks. I've gotten rid of my cable because of it and I don't miss it a bit. My Roku is much more affordable and has MUCH BETTER programming than my cable company ever did. Right now, I'm not only watching Astro Boy, I'm watching other cool anime like Fruits Basket! AWESOMENESS!!!! :D :astro: [/QUOTE]
What I was saying is that if you email anyone about an Astro Boy series, then you'll probably get the '03 series. I'd snail mail Tezuka Productions on a new series. I've already seen the '03 series plenty of times (every episode is on my psp) and I've seen a little bit of the first series too, so I wouldn't need a Roku. Thanks for the info though :)

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I sequel to the '03 series...awesome...

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Not just awesome, amazingly awesome

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fairlane12 » 13 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:[QUOTE=t-bucket10;109765]well who should I ANNOY until they do it,because I want a new series SOUND THE AlARM,NICKOLODEON,HERE WE COME

I agree with you. I think a TV series based on the movie would be awesome. But the movie didn't do well initially (although I think it'll make its money back in time), so a TV series is unlikely.

But what the heck - email, or better yet, snail mail Nickelodeon, or maybe the Disney Channel (snail mail is always more effective and taken more seriously by the networks than e-mail.) They're always looking for new programming, and I think a CGI Astro Boy show would fit in well with either network. (The Disney channel is particularly looking for more shows that attract boys; Astro might be a good choice for Disney in that regard).[/QUOTE]

I need an e-mail link for disney,Astro would be more popular in the U.S of A,with another tv show.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”