Jetter Mars: Q&A

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

i FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE ALL THAT FOR SO LITTLE.

Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astrogirl500 » 11 years ago

Melchi is so really cute ! :wub:

I found this picture in this japanese website http://homepage3.nifty.com/mars2015/cell_24wa.html

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

The manga is really cute- reminds a lot of the actual Astro Boy manga, aesthetically. The scenes with Melchi, and the one where he barks like a dog, are my favorites. The panel with him beating those dogs, though, and especially the one where it was revealed he PUNCHED ONE OF THE DOGS' HEAD OFF, though, really creeps and grosses me out. :(
lolwut

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:The manga is really cute- reminds a lot of the actual Astro Boy manga, aesthetically. The scenes with Melchi, and the one where he barks like a dog, are my favorites. The panel with him beating those dogs, though, and especially the one where it was revealed he PUNCHED ONE OF THE DOGS' HEAD OFF, though, really creeps and grosses me out. :(

That is something which I could not imagine in an actual Osamu Tezuka anime as well.
There should a rule which prevents robots from killing animals too, otherwise they would think that destroying nature is not a crime, right?

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

"Toshio" wrote:[QUOTE=Little Brown Fox;202394]The manga is really cute- reminds a lot of the actual Astro Boy manga, aesthetically. The scenes with Melchi, and the one where he barks like a dog, are my favorites. The panel with him beating those dogs, though, and especially the one where it was revealed he PUNCHED ONE OF THE DOGS' HEAD OFF, though, really creeps and grosses me out. :(

That is something which I could not imagine in an actual Osamu Tezuka anime as well.
There should a rule which prevents robots from killing animals too, otherwise they would think that destroying nature is not a crime, right?[/QUOTE]

Actually, from what I understand, in the world of Jetter Mars, hurting humans is completely legal, as demonstrated by Mars on Dr. Yamanoue during one episode (I forget which one; there aren't many fansubbed ones, though... it might've been the second one?)
lolwut

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I think this is merely a comical injury, rather than intended to take literally; though Mars does clobber Boon rather well, in # 19 Mars' First Love. Sorry, I never posted any images of this, though.
Last edited by jeffbert on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Dear lord, that was... violent! D: Although I will say that I would like to see those pictures. And such a supposed beating would make sense, anyhow.

Anyways, the head punched off the dog didn't /look/ too comical, to me. Quite the contrary; it was even somewhat graphic!
lolwut

Toshio
Banned

Any photos of Dr. Tenma in Jetter Mars?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Yes, there are! In #26, The Return Of 'Adios’, Tenma -- no, I will not try to describe it, rather a transcript of the Italian dub is here:

Jetter Mars DVD boxed sets

I will upload some images in a few days.

Toshio
Banned

Jefbert, that Tenma is too different from the 1980s version? I haven't found any expressive images of him. Also, what's so important about the last episode? What's the content of that letter from Dr. Yamanoue?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”