Astro Boy 2003 anime has been removed from Youtube

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Astro Boy 2003 anime has been removed from Youtube

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

Just thought I'd tell everyone that all of the Japanese and English episodes of the 2003 anime have been removed from Youtube, due to a copyright claim by Sony.

So ends my first time watching through that series... :(

EDIT: Actually, the last part of episode 14 is still up. A behind the scenes video is still up as well, but that's understandable I guess.

EDIT 2: As pointed out by F-Man, the English dubbed version is still up courtesy of Crackle.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

...snap. >.<

Well I wouldn't be watching them off youtube in the first place if they hadn't chopped up and censored the english version.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

The official streams are still up, but still horizontally stretched.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=_MNVxbAOetM&s=1
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

The ones uploaded by WingedMushroomofDoom?

Well, she has an account at this Chinese site that is the Chinese equivalent of youtube. She had uploaded some subs there after those were taken off from youtube.

Edit: Ninja'd by F-Man.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:The ones uploaded by WingedMushroomofDoom?

Well, she has an account at this Chinese site that is the Chinese equivalent of youtube. She had uploaded some subs there after those were taken off from youtube.

Edit: Ninja'd by F-Man.

Yeah, the ones by WingedMushroomofDoom. I guess I should have clarified.

And thanks for pointing out that site. Even though she (he?) hasn't uploaded all the episodes yet, I'll go skip ahead a little bit. I'm up to Episode 7 currently. Looks like I'll skip ahead to Episode 20 for now... :d oh:

F-Man wrote:The official streams are still up, but still horizontally stretched.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=_MNVxbAOetM&s=1

Thank you. Even though I'm watching the Japanese version with English subs, I might go ahead and watch the few on there that I missed.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Speaking of which, maybe someone should ask WingedMushroomofDoom if she still has the file for The Making of Astro Boy video. It's a really notable one and I think it would be a worthy addition to Tawashi Bus Hat.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Thank you. Even though I'm watching the Japanese version with English subs, I might go ahead and watch the few on there that I missed.

Just a suggestion, but the Korean DVDs include the Japanese dub and a professional English subtitled translation. They're not really cheap though.
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Shiyonasan;124227]Thank you. Even though I'm watching the Japanese version with English subs, I might go ahead and watch the few on there that I missed.

Just a suggestion, but the Korean DVDs include the Japanese dub and a professional English subtitled translation. They're not really cheap though.[/QUOTE]

I'll consider it. Where should I buy from if I do purchase them?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Shiyonasan" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;124233][QUOTE=Shiyonasan;124227]Thank you. Even though I'm watching the Japanese version with English subs, I might go ahead and watch the few on there that I missed.

Just a suggestion, but the Korean DVDs include the Japanese dub and a professional English subtitled translation. They're not really cheap though.[/QUOTE]

I'll consider it. Where should I buy from if I do purchase them?[/QUOTE]

Here for volumes 4 to 6. The first three are out of print, but I'm selling them here for $100 (I have vol. 4 to 6 reserved to someone else right now). They stopped releasing them in Korea after volume 6, even though there should be 13 in all. A real shame considering the subtitle quality. The 6 volumes include episodes 1 to 24, except 20.
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"F-Man" wrote:Here for volumes 4 to 6. The first three are out of print, but I'm selling them here for $100 (I have vol. 4 to 6 reserved to someone else right now). They stopped releasing them in Korea after volume 6, even though there should be 13 in all. A real shame considering the subtitle quality. The 6 volumes include episodes 1 to 24, except 20.

That's quite a price for all 6 of those! It's due to how rare they are though, right?

As for the Gmarket DVDs, $8.04 isn't bad, but I can only imagine what the final price after shipping and handling would be. :eek:

Like I said, I'll consider it. For now though, I don't think I could buy them. Thanks for the links though. I'll keep them in mind if I do decide to purchase them in the future.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”