Astro Boy vs Mega Man

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Realistically, Atom would win given that he has over 100,000 horsepower, which was later upgraded to 1,000,000 in the manga. Rockman's strength never really was measured, just his other statistics.

But I'd rather not vote.
Last edited by Dr. Jerk on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

I voted, and Astro is actually beating Mega man. Not the other way around.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"Novacain" wrote:I voted, and Astro is actually beating Mega man. Not the other way around.

I was assuming from the previous post, okay? Look, I edited it out.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I vote for Astro because he's my special hero! :D

I did some Megaman research after the last thread about him, and learned that he was supposed to be Astro (in a game), only couldn't be, due to copyright issues.

here's one link describing this situation
http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_%28universe%29

So I kinda think of Megaman as Astro's "second cousin" -- not from Tezuka, but definitely a character with much of his personality and power. He's like another Jetter Mars, once removed.

I love that drawing because of its comic elements (comic, for fans of Astro, that is). I don't care if Astro inspired a gazillion other characters, as long as I can enjoy the original and hopefully someday read/watch the other B&W episodes not yet released in English! :whistling:

In some ways, Mega is more like Astro than Jetter... :eek:

:astro: but there's only one original, and I beat him, hands down!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

Great idea April Seven calling Mega Man a relative of Astro Boy rather than a ripoff! You might say Mega Man and Jetter Mars are the "children of Astro Boy" since he obviously inspired both. Are there any others? I think maybe Rusty of "Rusty and Big Boy" fame would be another.

Thanks for the link!

Dr. Jerk, I admire your decision not to vote, but hey it's all in fun any way.

But its interesting how both were given name changes when adapted for an English speaking audience. Maybe if Jetter Mars was to be dubbed into English it might need a name change to. Maybe Jet Boy or Kid Mars!

Any way Astro Boy is still the leader of the pack in my book!

I :heart: :astro: :)

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"AprilSeven" wrote:I did some Megaman research after the last thread about him, and learned that he was supposed to be Astro (in a game), only couldn't be, due to copyright issues.

No, that is completely false.

It is a very common rumor among fans that has absolutely zero official confirmation. Capcom, nor the staff who have worked on the titles, have not ever said such a thing before. And I often see several variations of this rumor as well.

I hear this rumor so, so often, when there is no source on it, and it annoys the heck out of me.

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

I'll go with Astro :astro:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Even if it's not true, I do wish Tezuka Productions would allow Capcom to make a Astro Boy game. That company did games like Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, THEY'RE HUGE! O.O Imagine how cool Astro could be, fighting in a zombie infested city with a giant sword all while wearing a long red coat.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I vote for Astro because he's my special hero! :D

I did some Megaman research after the last thread about him, and learned that he was supposed to be Astro (in a game), only couldn't be, due to copyright issues.

here's one link describing this situation
http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_%28universe%29

So I kinda think of Megaman as Astro's "second cousin" -- not from Tezuka, but definitely a character with much of his personality and power. He's like another Jetter Mars, once removed.

I love that drawing because of its comic elements (comic, for fans of Astro, that is). I don't care if Astro inspired a gazillion other characters, as long as I can enjoy the original and hopefully someday read/watch the other B&W episodes not yet released in English! :whistling:

In some ways, Mega is more like Astro than Jetter... :eek:

:astro: but there's only one original, and I beat him, hands down!!

Holy - !?

Never even knew that :whistling: ... Although I'd prefer it if there was a reference to a more official site than a wiki, which everyone can edit. Although Mega Man actually got his buster before Astro got his cannon, technically these two characters don't share any of the weaponry as originally designed/drawn. ;)

King Porky
Kokoro Robot

Postby King Porky » 13 years ago

I never understood that rumour about Megaman was meant to be Astro or whatever? I mean, where did it even come from?
The closest I can come to any word from Capcom is in an offical Megaman art book I've got, one of the artists say's he had always enjoyed Megaman because he reminded him of Astro. But that's like, the only mention of Astro by anything capcom related.

a Astro/Megaman crossover game would be amazing though
and this is a very quick artists rendition of what would happen when Astro and mega meet:
This shows why I really shouldn't try draw Megaman without referance.

and if you can't guess from that pic, I'm also not voting, because considering both of they're personalities they're more likely to bro fist, and go be awesome together.
The original picture is kinda nice style wise though. :P
Now now darling,
Oh don't kill yourself,
Cause none of us were angels

:heart: And you know I love you yeah! :heart:
King Porky:- The party don't start 'til I walk in~
Tumblr/Sketch Blog/Twitter

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”