144 LOST FRIENDSHIP

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Sorry if I haven't been following but what importance does it make whether Ishinomori was an animator or not?
I'm on Twitter.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:Sorry if I haven't been following but what importance does it make whether Ishinomori was an animator or not?

Read the posts, dude, especially the last sentence of the post right before yours! Maybe that will help you! If not, I'll get back to you!

I :astro: :heart: :lol:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;126591]Sorry if I haven't been following but what importance does it make whether Ishinomori was an animator or not?

Read the posts, dude, especially the last sentence of the post right before yours! Maybe that will help you! If not, I'll get back to you!

I :astro: :heart: :lol: [/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I agree with that post, that Ishinomori might have something to do with this no matter what, hence why I'm so confused that it seems like there was a battlefield in here over nothing.
I'm on Twitter.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;126594][QUOTE=F-Man;126591]Sorry if I haven't been following but what importance does it make whether Ishinomori was an animator or not?

Oh yeah, I agree with that post, that Ishinomori might have something to do with this no matter what, hence why I'm so confused that it seems like there was a battlefield in here over nothing.[/QUOTE]

Not a battlefield, just a little fencing. Like between Philbert McCue and Tex Capfield or should I say between Musashi Miyamoto and Kojiro Sasaki.

I :heart: :astro: :)

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

Hhhmmm?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

see the MOON MONSTERS & its JLV on the extras of the ABoy boxed set from TRSI. This episode has the names referenced above. "Yahoo!" :lol:

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;126596][QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;126594][QUOTE=F-Man;126591]Sorry if I haven't been following but what importance does it make whether Ishinomori was an animator or not?

Oh yeah, I agree with that post, that Ishinomori might have something to do with this no matter what, hence why I'm so confused that it seems like there was a battlefield in here over nothing.[/QUOTE]

Not a battlefield, just a little fencing. Like between Philbert McCue and Tex Capfield or should I say between Musashi Miyamoto and Kojiro Sasaki.

I :heart: :astro: :) [/QUOTE]

Actually it should be Philbert Capfield and Tex McCue!

I :heart: :astro: :blush:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

I just watched this episode (Sporkia had mentioned there was a singing scene in it), and I found it so compelling I wanted to share a few more screen captures.

144_singing_in_car.jpg
144_singing_in_car.jpg (23.73 KiB) Viewed 2012 times

First, here are the siblings all singing away - this sequence is brief enough we might be able to "youtube" it without breaking any copyright laws . . .

144_cobalt_solo.jpg
144_cobalt_solo.jpg (18.76 KiB) Viewed 1992 times

Each sibling takes a solo - Cobalt, of course, goes a step too far, and stands up to sing his part - only to get blown into the back seat!! :p

144_atom_with_gun.jpg
144_atom_with_gun.jpg (23.47 KiB) Viewed 2007 times

For some reason, Atom needs a gun to destroy Muller (who's name sounds more like "Yoodah" in Japanese). He's clearly upset when Tawashi sticks it in his hand. Inside the building, the (previously) mortally wounded Muller fires at Atom, who attempts to return the shot - but can't! :cry: - He makes the gun shake more than Barney Fife! Look at his expression! He can not shoot his friend, and just drops the gun. Then Phantom attacks him.

144_stunned_tawashi.jpg
144_stunned_tawashi.jpg (19.47 KiB) Viewed 2009 times

Outside (Jeffbert showed this) Ochanomizu and Tawashi congratulate Atom on his bravery for saving Japan from the destruction of the reactor. Tawashi adds something that must have been exceedingly thoughtless and Atom shoots him a dirty look that says more than words ever could. When Tawashi sees his face, he flinches, realizing what a jerk he's been. This is one of the few times I've seen Tawashi "get it" and feels genuinely sorry for opening up his dumb mouth before he THINKS!! :mad:

144_kicking_stone.jpg
144_kicking_stone.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 2013 times

Dr. Ochanomizu immediately tries to diffuse the tension by saying something in a soft, consoling voice, but Atom only stands there, looking downwards, and giving no reaction, when suddenly - while Dr. O is still speaking to him - he turns on heel, and begins to walk away from the two of them - clearly full of grief and anger. Then he does something I don't recall seeing him do anyplace else in the 1960's anime . . . he acts out his inward anger by defiantly kicking a stone and shunning both Ochanomizu and Tawashi. This blew me away, because it shows his ability to feel pain, rage, indignation and desire for revenge.

This episode has many small but incredibly human/personal moments in it!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Giving Astro a gun is like giving superman a peashooter!
Here is a link to a clip I made of the kids singing.
http://macgyverism.weebly.com/uploads/3/6/5/1/3651547/astrocobalturansing.avi
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Thanks Penguin! It almost sounds like a folksong, doesn't it?

BTW - I LOVE the way Astro drives like Speed Racer and constantly "burns rubber" WHEN THERE IS NO RUBBER TO "BURN!" :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if, in the days of flying cars, the auto will emit a screeching sound if you drive it in a manner that WOULD have "burned rubber." - you know, kind of like how digital cameras don't "need" to "click" but you hear it anyway so you are aware of when you have taken the photo? :p
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”