do your any of your friends not like astro?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

"Atomars" wrote:Well, I am not ashamed to say that "Astro Boy is my favorite anime !" to everyone because that's what a true fan does :)

I wish I could say that.
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fairlane12 » 12 years ago

For me,I have a friend who doesn't really like it. However,most people don't know,just like they don't know I also think American Dragon: Jake Long is awesome too

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 12 years ago

Yep. They're otakus as well, and acknowledge Tezuka's influence and importance, but they think his works are obsolete.

However, they also say it's simply a question of tastes: for instance, if you love Mitsuru Adachi, one can't argue that there will be people who doesn't care or direct haters. Heck, there's people who hate Jack Kirby!!!!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:It depends for what, but when I'm really into something, I tend to keep it to myself. :blush:

Same goes for me for the most part. I'm also a big DragonBall fan, and yet I haven't told a lot of people about my fandom of that series.

Telling friends about Astro Boy? Well, to be honest, I actually have no close friends at the moment. If I told my friends from the past that I did like Astro Boy, most of them would probably tease me about it. They did when they found out I like DragonBall. (Although a couple of my friends did like DragonBall, so I don't really know if they would...)

My family does know I like Astro Boy though. My mom used to watch it a little bit back in the '60s. In fact, for my birthday this year she made me a carrot cake with Atom's face on it. It was very delicious. :D
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

Wow, this thread got unnecessarily long! But no point in being redundant.
"Shiyonasan" wrote:Telling friends about Astro Boy? Well, to be honest, I actually have no close friends at the moment.

Same here, there aren't alot of people with "Astro" qualities out there.

However, I myself do not hold back. I will slap bumper stickers and novelty plates on my car, wear Astro shirts, watches and bags. If you don't like it, than I say it is best to pay no attention. Just a few weeks ago I walked by a drunken vagabond and when he saw me he started singing (if you want to call it that) the theme song at the top of his lungs. :rolleyes: I still don't know if he likes Astro or not, but he knew the lyrics anyways! :lol:

"Shiyonasan" wrote:My mom used to watch it a little bit back in the '60s. In fact, for my birthday this year she made me a carrot cake with Atom's face on it. It was very delicious.
:D

That's awesome! I got an Astro cake for my birthday last year. My family does find my attraction to Astro strange but respect my personal interests, as a good family should. :)

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

Yeah!!! :D
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Astroboy599
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astroboy599 » 12 years ago

When most people ask me what my favorite tv show is and I say Astro Boy I mostly get glares of disgust, but a few believe i made the right move
Astro: "Dr. O'shay....... Do I have to do my homework?" O'shay: "yes Astro, you must do your homework" Astro: "darn it!"

鉄腕アトムのルール :astro:
My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Aang599?feature=mhee

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 12 years ago

most of my friends are Atom haters :'( idk y but alot of my friends like ''Mega man'' better T 3 T;; .... and yes... im new here... but im not a new Atom lovah, cuzz i've loved Atom for about 7 years ^^ and i shun those who hate Atom. >:3 :To whome this message may consern: ;)
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 12 years ago

"Koi-suru Atom lover" wrote:most of my friends are Atom haters :'( idk y but alot of my friends like ''Mega man'' better T 3 T;; .... and yes... im new here... but im not a new Atom lovah, cuzz i've loved Atom for about 7 years ^^ and i shun those who hate Atom. >:3 :To whome this message may consern: ;)

I love Astro. He is so wonderful and Tezuka was a genius. :astro: :tezuka:

Nice to meet you Koi-suru. I take it you must be Japanese since you call Astro Atom and I really love the Japanese. :)

Since I became so interested in Tezuka I've developed a special fondness for Japan.
Last edited by MightyAstro on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

If they hate Astro, than that's a real shame. How to people 'hate' him......... ? :rolleyes:

Also, welcome to the forums! :cool:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”