Rocket Ball Champion
Location: Hopefully space, probably not space most likely school

Postby ASTRO BOY IS AWESOME! » 12 years ago

oh ok

cuejqi
Banned

Postby cuejqi » 12 years ago

Curiously asking another question
do astro have soul after his death,and according to religion,where will his ghost go to?(sounds like a strange question,but its profound)

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

Well the whole point of Astro Boy 03 is that he does have a heart and soul/ kokoro ^^ IDK where he will go

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

That's an interesting question, cuejqi...

Osamu Tezuka was supposedly a "humanist" as opposed to a devout member of any particular faith. Astro seems to be the same way - he seems to clearly have faith, but acknowledges it through his actions in making the world a better place.

I have mixed feelings about "The Angel of Vietnam" - I completely understand and respect Tezuka's messages. But I know people who either were in or lost loved ones in Viet Nam, and know that many GOOD people fought (and died) believing they were doing the "right thing." That's why wars are so horrible. And yet, Astro could only protect the innocent people by becoming violent in defense. It's was the most intense Astro story he wrote, I believe, and makes you think - which is needed, because it's a complex subject.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:That's an interesting question, cuejqi...

Osamu Tezuka was supposedly a "humanist" as opposed to a devout member of any particular faith. Astro seems to be the same way - he seems to clearly have faith, but acknowledges it through his actions in making the world a better place.

I have mixed feelings about "The Angel of Vietnam" - I completely understand and respect Tezuka's messages. But I know people who either were in or lost loved ones in Viet Nam, and know that many GOOD people fought (and died) believing they were doing the "right thing." That's why wars are so horrible. And yet, Astro could only protect the innocent people by becoming violent in defense. It's was the most intense Astro story he wrote, I believe, and makes you think - which is needed, because it's a complex subject.

In response to what you say above, all I have to say is, "You go, girl!" :)

I :heart: :astro: :)

cuejqi
Banned

Postby cuejqi » 12 years ago

either the manga or the TV series approve of the fact that he has a human mind,but i think that he's too noble to be a human(especially in the modern society) :sick:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

@ cuejqi - I know what you mean!

But Astro's not tempted to be selfish or vengeful because of his programming - he was born without the ability to be evil (so it almost 'doesn't count' because he doesn't have a "normal" human ego - which is where :sick: :p irate: :d evil: and :mad: come from!).

I've imagined a fan fiction for a long time where Astro eventually becomes human, and then has to learn how to deal with all the things we feel: fear, anger, envy, boredom, etc. I think that would be an interesting story! :D
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

There's a couple chapters where Astro's programmed to feel fear. And there's also the Blue Knight story in which Tenma reprograms him to feel no remorse for humans, and it's interesting to see how Astro slowly goes back to his former self not by reprogramming, but simply because he's still basically a good person at heart. That's why I disagree with Tezuka himself on how he was ashamed of having given in to peer pressure and made a mean-spirited Astro.
I'm on Twitter.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

i think that story is called 'Shot out in the Alps' i think its called something that.
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"AstroBoy03" wrote:i think that story is called 'Shot out in the Alps' i think its called something that.

It's one of the chapters from the Blue Knight arc (The Blue Knight - Astro Boy Reborn - The Melanin Tribe - Meeva), so I'd say "Astro Boy Reborn" and maybe part of "The Melanin Tribe" as well. It was a slow step-by-step transformation on Astro's part to become nice again.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”