Astro Boy Fan Movie

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Rick
Metro City Citizen

Postby Rick » 12 years ago

I have an idea. America will make a Astro Boy Pluto movie.
But we see it in the last Astro Boy, Digimon and Dragonball movie that they can not.
We can make a true Astro Boy Pluto movie. We war Astro fans.
Who could be better than us? :astro:
Astro love the Earth and the Earth love Astro. :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

@Rick - I totally agree with you. These producers would be wise to read the thoughts/comments of the most passionate fans!

@Satus - At first, I had issues with Astro's language, but then I began to think about the fact that most young (and not so young) people are - on average - more "edgey" and blunt about things like swearing.

Remember, Tenma "downloaded" Tobio's memories into Astro, so Tobio wouldn't be "perfect" as Astro w/out "human input" would be. It's probably too gritty for PG audiences, but as an adult, I felt like I was reading about Astro for the first time again. Can you imagine what it would feel like to have become a super-robot?

It's very "today" and not "glamourized" and Astro's reactions are so often very much how a real teenaged boy would react - but, yes, the curse words could certainly be cut or part of the story could be that even though TOBIO would swear, Astro has a "filter" and in his "brain" he's cussin' up a storm, but physically he can't form the "bad" words. That could actually be pretty darn funny.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Saruta
Metro City Citizen

Postby Saruta » 12 years ago

Speaking of voice actors, I actually am the voice of Saruta familiar to Russian viewers (we did a fandub of Phoenix 2772 back in '98 and the version got rather widespread). So if you plan to animate a story that includes Saruta, like Ghost's story does, I could do his voice again. My English is good enough - might have a slight accent but who said Saruta was American?

Saruta
Metro City Citizen

Postby Saruta » 12 years ago

"Ghost" wrote:Status, if you or anyone else is interested in it. You can read the entire story here.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6379433/1/Astro_Boy_2085

I did read it all. Great plot, excellent pacing. Not the Astro we're used to from '63-'80, much closer to the '03-'09 character - but that's probably BETTER for a modern audience. Very realistic - way more so than Astro'09 where one somehow retrieves Toby's memory from

Style would need some editing (repetitive words etc). Also, just one nit to pick - Astro would NOT switch from "father" to "Tenma" just that soon; and even then it would probably not be just "Tenma" but either the first name or "Dr.Tenma", because Astro/Toby is used to the fact that he is "Tenma" himself at school.

But this is still very good. Also no plot holes (at least those obvious to me) - which makes it better than the 80's series!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”