Astro Boy Fan Movie

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Rick
Metro City Citizen

Astro Boy Fan Movie

Postby Rick » 12 years ago

I have seen yesterday the Astro Boy Movie again and i have think: When fans could make a movie, how he would be? Maybe you would have to plan for the film, how would you make him? I would to make it computer-animated film like the 2009. But i would not the story and city buyld as in the film. Not like the Disney movie Walle. In would to make a story with Pluto or Atlas. With a bad Tenma and that he life with Ochanomizu or his parents. I would to make it mor as the manga or 2003 serie. For example, i make him not in his movie clothes. A few things ot the movie was good. The hunt with the soldiers in Metro City and the battle with the Peacekeeper. But the rest of the story was, for me, not so good. That the city fly in the sky and the earth is a dump. The friendship about Astro and Cora I think very well and would also add something like that in my film. So, that would be my movie. What is with yours? :astro:
Astro love the Earth and the Earth love Astro. :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

I would love to see a group of us produce a movie, and actually I think we've got enough serious talent to put it together right on this forum. To start with, we have some really decent writers, but I really love Ghost's reinterpretation of Astro's origin story, "2085" - he came up with a plot twist at the end that is honestly better than any of the "originals" and actually adds to the overall direction of future stories (there's a thread on this forum and it's also on fanfiction.net.

Then we've got great illustratrators to work on the animation . . . and check out Alittleacorn's spoofs on the 2009 movie on Youtube - OMG - so funny and fab voiceover work too!

I say, LET'S DOOOO IT!!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 12 years ago

I have been thinking a lot about that, and I think we may lack the know-how in organization. We have members who are skilled in writing good stories, other who can create 3D characters that actually look like the real ones, and who can even animate it. We may even be able to do motion capture and animate the characters very creatively. But at the end we will need to tie everything together to make something meaningful. It seems simple, but I think this is where the difficulty lies. If we can do that, I think everything else is possible, with a lot of motivation of course :)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Rick
Metro City Citizen

Postby Rick » 12 years ago

Hm, i think my text has been misunderstood. :)
I mean not what we can do. I mean what you
personally make for a movie. Not you as majority. :)
But of course we can think about a forum story/movie
project. :D
Astro love the Earth and the Earth love Astro. :astro:

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

yeah! we can start a project about this!
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I say, LET'S DOOOO IT!!!

Hell yeah

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bigdog » 12 years ago

We should go minimalist and aim for 1980's quality animation.

If a film is gonna be done ,count me in but motion capture is just so creepy like in Polar Express and it should be avoided. 3D, unless it can be utilized to great effect, should be left out of the project and go for 2D anime style with digital cels, etc. For the animation anyways, we should take a cue from 70's animation techniques.

Writing? I nominate Ghost, but if he can't do it I could write a treatment for it.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

"Rick" wrote:Hm, i think my text has been misunderstood. :)
I mean not what we can do. I mean what you
personally make for a movie. Not you as majority. :)
But of course we can think about a forum story/movie
project. :D

Sometimes and idea lead to another idea! :D Also some of us don't feel we have such great ideas, but can recognize the talent in other. :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Bigdog, you've gotta meet Unhurdof, a 3-D animator member and he's been developing an Astro!!

Now here's another way to start out slowly, but work our way up to more complicated stuff: We could do a promo for our forum that could run on YouTube. :lol:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”