A mean review on the Astro Boy film

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 12 years ago

I saw that. He made some good points even though I don't think the movie was bad at all. At least not to the level HE made it out to be.
Though I would agree with him that the Manga and animes run circles around it
"HanaImakura" wrote:I AM TEAM BLOCKBUSTER BUSTER!!!!! Cora wasn't the WORST, of course, but I hated her cuz she replaced my URAN!!! >_< I'm serious! Go find how many little itsy-bitsy "clues" make Uran and Atom look like they're more than just adopted siblings! They're more like me and my boyfriend, who looks like he could be my older brother, too!

I don't think Cora replaced Uran. If she replaced anyone it would be Nuka ;p
Also, I don't think Uran would've worked in the movie. The movie was supposed to be about Astro and his struggle to find his place in the world. I think Uran would've been a third wheel to the plot. Where would you fit her?
Although I would've had her in the end like, at the end of the credits or something being built by Elefun
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- I THINK that they got at least one thing right in the movie- ASTROBOY care about robotkind and humankind- beside i love the movie myself- and i cry watching it- i love being a fangirl fan and number one fangirl fan of cute ASTROBOY i think - giggles- at least i think i am- love all of you very much- PRAY everyone eternal life and safety always

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

IAAS CALLS FOUL!! NO GOAL!!
jking :lol: I haven't watched it. I just disagree with the title in general :lol:

"Mean Astro Boy review" "-OH NO YOU DON'T!"
And I totally agree with HanaImakura... even if it makes the rest of you mad :whistling:
Last edited by I-Am-Atom's-Sister on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Takiko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takiko » 12 years ago

"HanaImakura" wrote:[QUOTE=Alittleacorn;185200]It's mean, but I love it! :lol: had me laughing my butt off. Although disagreeing with all the hate on Cora. The rest however, yep, mostly true.

Warning: Does contain some bad language

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/blockbuster-buster/blockbuster-buster/32308-astroboy

I AM TEAM BLOCKBUSTER BUSTER!!!!! Cora wasn't the WORST, of course, but I hated her cuz she replaced my URAN!!! >_< I'm serious! Go find how many little itsy-bitsy "clues" make Uran and Atom look like they're more than just adopted siblings! They're more like me and my boyfriend, who looks like he could be my older brother, too![/QUOTE]

"I-Am-Atom's-Sister" wrote:IAAS CALLS FOUL!! NO GOAL!!
jking :lol: I haven't watched it. I just disagree with the title in general :lol:

"Mean Astro Boy review" "-OH NO YOU DON'T!"
And I totally agree with HanaImakura... even if it makes the rest of you mad :whistling:

I-Am-Atom's-Sister, I assume you mean the part of Atom being like boyfriend and girlfriend?

And Uran and Atom are not "adopted" really. Unless you're thinking in terms of the 2003 series since Dr. Ochanomizu ends up being their foster dad?

And I know there was at least one frame (in the 1980s, or the 2003?) that has been screencapped Atom/Astro arched over Uran because he's concerned for her. I think it's on the forum even though I don't know where it right now. Tokyo Mew Mew has one of the guys repeatedly in compromising situations with a female cast member and there's even AMVs that have all the scenes used for pairing them. But I think there wasn't anything that said outright they were a pairing.

But why do they have be a couple? Because all of Astro's other girlfriends have died or it hasn't worked out? I'm wondering if this conversation goes on if it should go to another thread, if there isn't another thread, or even several for that matter, on it already.

Anyhow, I haven't gotten around to watching the video with sound since I got access to the video from the library.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

Yeah, and I hate to bring this up HanaImakura, but...Astro and Uran are brother and sister, as in related. Think about that for a little while and what you're saying.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

I agree with Alittleacorn, Cora replaced Niki not Uran/Zoran, Uran/Zoran couldn't of fit in the plot of the movie. You should really think about what your gonna say before you type.
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

I admit it was mostly my imagination running amock on me X3
Hushhush now... we can draw our own conclusions if we like.
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 12 years ago

That Guy With The Glasses (or Nostalgia Critic) made a lot of mean reviews like this, and all them are very funny. He's among one of the greatest showspeople on the net, like his friend and rival James Rolfe, aka "The Angry Video Game Nerd". Hats off to him.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”