more edu-mangas?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

more edu-mangas?

Postby Solarcat20 » 12 years ago

here's what i found a while back that makes wonder if there are more edu-mangas out there in english.
jl300q.jpg
jl300q.jpg (95.21 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
:confused:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Ha Haaa!! Look at Astro!! So THAT'S where the avatar came from. I guess Astro doesn't like rock 'n roll! Dr. Elefun sure does though - look how happy he is!! And we all know he was at WOODSTOCK!! There's a thread around here someplace!!

But yes, Solarcat, I remember seeing another thread with examples of the educational mangas featuring Astro.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 12 years ago

actually, in the beginning of this book, astro & uran were listening to the beetles on a mp3 like device (try to picture asro wearing earbuds). and also, it looks like mr. pompus (aka daddy walrus) is not playing & singing good. lol :lol:

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

Well you have in English :

Einstein
Beethoven
Mother teresa
Anne Frank

and perhaps a few more from the good folks of DMP din't know of rockn roll though perhaps i should pick it up i really like works like this also because of te little astro boy stuff that is in each one.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

Looked through my copies and none of the five (you forgot the one w/ Helen Adams Keller---TetsuWan Atom) edu-manga have these pictures. I checked the DMP website and they only list the five known edu-manga. From the dialogue this could possibly be a bio of John Lennon, except none is listed w/ DMP. So Solarcat20 do you remember where you found those pages & would you please tell us where? Thank you!

I :heart: :astro: :)

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:Looked through my copies and none of the five (you forgot the one w/ Helen Adams Keller---TetsuWan Atom) edu-manga have these pictures. I checked the DMP website and they only list the five known edu-manga. From the dialogue this could possibly be a bio of John Lennon, except none is listed w/ DMP. So Solarcat20 do you remember where you found those pages & would you please tell us where? Thank you!

I thought about it and it probably is a picture copied from fan scanlation website.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;196062]Looked through my copies and none of the five (you forgot the one w/ Helen Adams Keller---TetsuWan Atom) edu-manga have these pictures. I checked the DMP website and they only list the five known edu-manga. From the dialogue this could possibly be a bio of John Lennon, except none is listed w/ DMP. So Solarcat20 do you remember where you found those pages & would you please tell us where? Thank you!

I thought about it and it probably is a picture copied from fan scanlation website.[/QUOTE]

What is a scanlation website?

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Atom;196076][QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;196062]Looked through my copies and none of the five (you forgot the one w/ Helen Adams Keller---TetsuWan Atom) edu-manga have these pictures. I checked the DMP website and they only list the five known edu-manga. From the dialogue this could possibly be a bio of John Lennon, except none is listed w/ DMP. So Solarcat20 do you remember where you found those pages & would you please tell us where? Thank you!

I thought about it and it probably is a picture copied from fan scanlation website.[/QUOTE]

What is a scanlation website?

I :heart: :astro: :) [/QUOTE]hosting content illegal on a website.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 12 years ago

So, Astro isn't a Rock n Roll fan? ;p

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 12 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:Well you have in English :

Einstein
Beethoven
Mother teresa
Anne Frank

and perhaps a few more from the good folks of DMP din't know of rockn roll though perhaps i should pick it up i really like works like this also because of te little astro boy stuff that is in each one.

There is also Hellen Elen Kammer which is my personal favorite.
It was really nice also to read Anna Frank and how they displayed the Netherlands.
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”