The message Astro boy gives to us.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
SolidiumSherlock
Kokoro Robot

The message Astro boy gives to us.

Postby SolidiumSherlock » 12 years ago

Greetings, Everyone.

I've been wondering for a while, what is the message/lesson That Astro gives to us all? Is it hope? To love and help every person dear to you? The way Astro does the same is really inspiring.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

That is a good question.

Personally, I see Astro as a symbol of hope and aspiration, much like how Superman is a hopeful symbol for many.

The main message I seem to take from Astro Boy is that things are never truly black and white. That in any situation, it is better to try and understand the people involved in the situation, before resorting to any forceful tactic necessary.

Apple Jack
Banned

Postby Apple Jack » 12 years ago

I beleive the message is to just get along with others no matter who or what they are. Cuz i can see racism and between the robots and humans like the Africans and the white people
[sigpic][/sigpic] iv got my thinkin cat on :w00t:

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

I think the message is that we can all get along regardless of race colour or anything really.

war is a waste of time and totally not necessary.

cooperation is better then competition.

a little understanding can go miles.

stuff like that
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

For me :astro: has always been a symbol of strength. And by strength I mean in all forms...

Like the ability to accept each other no matter what shade, the dexterity to judge whether to forgive or to fight back, and being strong enough find hope... even during trying times.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Actually, there are situations in which competition is better than cooperation, but there is usually some form of both present. Competition results in higher quality at lower prices. These result from inventing better manufacturing processes that use less energy, etc. The motive is competition, not cooperation. If the other guy makes better products than yours he will likely take some of your customers. If he does it at a lower cost, he definitely will take your customers.

Though WALMART is now the top retailer, there were others that held that distinction. As one's prices & quality outclassed the others, it gained the top slot. But through lack of diligence, one after another lost that position.

:p

Anyway, I am glad to see a variety of opinions on this topic. I ask that those who have expressed opinions also state which version of :astro: they 1st saw, or grew up with.

SolidiumSherlock
Kokoro Robot

Postby SolidiumSherlock » 12 years ago

The first version of Astro Boy that i've ever seen was 03's version. But i'm in LOVE with the 80's version. It's a pure classic.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Anyway, I am glad to see a variety of opinions on this topic. I ask that those who have expressed opinions also state which version of :astro: they 1st saw, or grew up with.

The 80's version was the first series I saw

Beyond the Stars

HI

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

hi everyone hugs- to me ASTROBOY'S MESSAGE: IS TO CARE ABOUT EVERYONE and think and use your mind and imagination to help others - pray everyone eternal life and safety and happiness always-

WELCOME SOLIDIUMSHERLOCK- PRAY WE WILL BE FRIENDS PLEASE

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :) :) :) :) :) :astro:

SEEN some of the 2003 series - love it and wonder why the other children did not like it?- felt sad it lasted less then a month on cartoon network!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

"SolidiumSherlock" wrote:The first version of Astro Boy that i've ever seen was 03's version. But i'm in LOVE with the 80's version. It's a pure classic.

So, did you see it in its entirety before seeing the 1980s version?

Novacain: likewise, have you seen this whole series before seeing any other?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”