Who thinks Astroboy 2003 is a rip off

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 12 years ago

wait

wat.
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

"Hikari Tail" wrote:wait

wat.

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction to this thread as well.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

I like the 2003 sieries but it probably would have been better if soney hadent butchered it so much.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Having watched almost all of the 2003 anime, I must say that it is actually not that bad in my opinion. Even though Tezuka wasn't involved with it, I think Sony did a decent enough with the series. Yes, it is not as happy as the previous two series, but I think that is what makes this series interesting. Plus, I like stories with some drama thrown in anyway (as long as it's not overly cheesy).

Also, I have to agree with Novacain about how they portrayed Tenma in this series; it was definitely an interesting take on his character.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

Oh, I agree. Having only gotten into Astro Boy recently, I personally think that the 03 series is very well done. I love the story, I love the themes, I think the characters are great, and of course I love Tenma's character.

My only major complaints are that the series lags in the middle (which is going to happen given that it's a kids anime, and I don't think that any written thing is perfect), and that they don't develop the side cast enough. There's also the issue of Astro and Tenma's relationship being toned down in the dub, but I'd rather not get onto a whole rant about censorship, so I'll just leave it be.

Skymouth
Kokoro Robot

Postby Skymouth » 12 years ago

I actually adore the 2003 series. I started in the fandom going backwards... from the 2009 movie and then to the 2003 series and so on. I think the latest series is just breathtaking and beautifully done! Yes there are some changes but I hadn't been familiar with the series in the first place when I watched it so I guess it didn't affect me as much as it would someone who started from the ground up. I'm now watching the series from the '60's (and the 2003 series for the fourth time) and though there is a good deal of cheese in the original, it's still rather fascinating to me and I'm loving the original manga too. I love both series though I guess because 2003 was my first one, it's on the top of my list of favorites for the franchise.

You have to admit it was beautifully done if you can get past the name and a few plot changes.

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 12 years ago

Hey

Does anyone know if you can still import an uncut English subbed version from somewhere?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"-Nick-" wrote:Hey

Does anyone know if you can still import an uncut English subbed version from somewhere?

6 volumes (23 episodes) from Korea
I'm on Twitter.

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 12 years ago

Thanks.

To bad it's not the whole series :(

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"-Nick-" wrote:Thanks.

To bad it's not the whole series :(

I have a set of "crappy but it works" subs you can load over the R2 DVDs using Media Player Classic + AnyDVD (and possibly VLC but I've had issues with that one), for the rest of the episodes.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”