Banned

what if toby came back to life

Postby Apple Jack » 12 years ago

Well wouldnt that be cool
[sigpic][/sigpic] iv got my thinkin cat on :w00t:

BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 12 years ago

What happened if when the peace keeper exploded, since everything came flying out. That Toby was alive since he was spit out by the peacekeeper?
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Apple Jack
Banned

Whoa that would be FREAKIN awsome

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

When I first saw the movie my initial reaction at the end was - HEY!! Where's Toby? After all, President Stone returned alive, but I guess the difference was Stone was "absorbed" into the Peacemaker, and then released, whereas Toby was completely vaporized.

Thank goodness his hat (and hair strands) survived!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

BlueCore
Robot President

Aprilseven, that just means Toby was either really weak, or his at was very strong aha!
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 12 years ago

I always assumed that Toby was vaporized some how rather than absorbed.
But I did think President Stone coming back was a total cop out and I was very disappointed that it happened.

BlueCore
Robot President

I totally agree!

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 12 years ago

It doesn't really work in the movie since technically in the movie Toby = Astro, renumber his mind is a copy from Toby himself so in a way he is a clone of Toby so if Toby would survive there would be two Tobyies.

I think it be more interesting in the anime/manga where most likely Tenma would treat Astro as trash and be overprotective over Toby.
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Takiko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takiko » 12 years ago

"Hikari Tail" wrote:It doesn't really work in the movie since technically in the movie Toby = Astro, renumber his mind is a copy from Toby himself so in a way he is a clone of Toby so if Toby would survive there would be two Tobyies.

I think it be more interesting in the anime/manga where most likely Tenma would treat Astro as trash and be overprotective over Toby.

The focus of the thread appears to me to be about the 2009 movie mostly, but if Toby or even Tobio had reappeared in the series at any point where it would've caused issue in the story line, the insanity would be just beginning. :d evil: [1]

Tenma sort of did the setup with Frankenstein with Astro and bringing him to life and using him as a replacement, for Tobio not Frankenstein! ;) But hey, there were comparisons that Astro was going to be a monster or a "devil" before he was born. Wouldn't Tenma be like the Elric brothers from FMA, and raising the dead? But anyhow, he's not quite doing that since he is using a robot instead of raising the undead.

And from a little I've read about the movie AI--where I think the boy was created because he was to replace a boy that was to die (I looked it up and it seems that's close enough without looking for big spoilers)--Astro would be in trouble just like the kid would be.

[1] Although really the scene should be something like this:

[Tobio walks into scene, some kind of really tense face-off]
:tenma: : Tobio...?
:tenma: : Wah? You're dead.
:tenma: : I saw you die at car site/hospital/you-know-where! (XD)
:tenma: : I saw it with my own eyes!
:tenma: : You can't be alive. This can't be happening.
[Sad instrumental music starts playing as feelings and the situation sink in]

And eventually the setup Hikari Tail mentioned would happen, with Astro thrown aside. Or using an out for the plot twist, Tobio didn't really come back to life. But that's not a regular setup for the Astroboy universe, the fake-character-return, I guess it could be called. More like FMA or Inuyasha or another type of anime or manga. Or maybe just not the 1980s one, but it would work with the 2003 one, for the non-fake-out setup?
Last edited by Takiko on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tinkering the last paragraph

Apple Jack
Banned

I love the movie AI and the boy was not based on there son who lived

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”