Astro Boy the movie hate it or love it.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 12 years ago

"avatargirl" wrote:HI- HUGS : I LOVE THE MOVIE but wish they would had made it more like SOZIN'S COMET- THE FINAL EPISODES OF AVATAR AANG SERIES!- I LOVE HOW BOTH AANG AND ASTROBOY CARED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND IN ASTROBOY'S LIFE HOW HE CARE ABOUT BOTH HUMANS AND ROBOTS. THEY made SOZIN'S COMETS almost they way i would had wanted it done- AANG REFUSED to kill even while being controlled by powerful AVATARS from his past! I would had wanted the ASTROBOY movie to be almost exactly like TEZUKA made ASTROBOY! I STILL LOVED the movie AND CRIED WATCHING IT! GUESS I LOVE BEING A ASTROBOY FANGIRL FAN! HUGS AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL SALVATION AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS

Okay first off. CALM down. Second off While I am a huge fan of Avatar the Last Airbender series its a WAY different story with a wilde set of different characters then Astro Boy you cannot compare the two. There both great series on its own but they are not alike.

Also tv series is a different meduim then a movie. It might not be translated well to have a movie-with a tv series like feel to it.
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:I defenitely think you have a point there Amaryllis, I myslef am more of a new schooler when it comes to anime and manga. That being said, I do think it's unfair that some people don't at least respect old school anime or manga. After all, if those didn't exist, we might never have the curent past decade or so of anime and manga titles to enjoy.

I'm not saying everyone has to like old school stuff, I just feel that it should at least be respected instead of ignored completely.
Well another thing to support my point of view is when i recieved the first volume of DURARARA a view days ago one of the most popular seasonal anime in years when i flipped though the manga i saw really many panels that just where almost completly white with a expresionless face in the middle of it you just can't compare that with Tezuka who pout his heart ans soul into it.

Many manga of today look like they would even just look better in color because they are not even trying to do the same stuff as was done in the past but that might be just my opinion.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 12 years ago

I LOVED the movie. Saw it at least 4 times. Hated that it bombed at the box office - I blame Summit's publicity department for that. Everyone - and I mean everyone - I've talked into seeing it via Netflix or online has also loved it. It's an overlooked gem. I hope someday it gets the accolades it deserves.

Tobiofan
Metro City Citizen

Postby Tobiofan » 12 years ago

I love it. I've seen it three times since I got it the other day. I admit its different then the show and manga, but I guess thats what makes it its own story. Not completely the same song and dance.

Did I mention I'm about to watch it again?
My Deviant Art page
Astro Boy: (started April 30, 2012)
1960's: 104/104 + 193
1980's: 52/52 (will rewatch when english subs available)
2003: 50/50 (yay all Astro Boy seasons finished!)
Detective Conan: 656/656+ (all caught up! :D ) (started Jan 1, 2012)

Astra4822
Kokoro Robot

Postby Astra4822 » 12 years ago

I loved the movie so much and I honestly don't think it should have copied the manga and anime series COMPLETELY. In my opinion, I thought the movie was really good. Sure, some parts could've used some tweaking and a little of the manga, but if it were to be exactly alike with all the characters and everything, where's the fun in that? We would already know how the characters would behave, therefore we'd know what to expect in the movie, causing it to be boring and spoiling.
The movie was awesome and deserved better reactions at the box office :)

adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 12 years ago

i can't say that i did not like the movie but I was expecting it to pack more "punch" that what it actually delivered. I personally think Imagi studio's rendition of Astroboy was not cute in the movie.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

I agree, but at least he still kind of looks like Astro to me.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”