Tenma-Villain or Antagonist?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 12 years ago

I agree with lots of points in the thread : ) personally I always saw Tenma more of the opposite of Astroboy then Pluto or Atlas more because he is a huge treat to Astro while being a human and his father!
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

I've often wondered where 2003 Tenma's fixation on Astro being the "king of the robots" was coming from . . . and I believe it's from a ironically contorted part of his soul that says it MUST be his "human son" (Tobio) who would become a "perfect robot", and then HE could "join" Tobio to rule over robots and humans alike to achieve some kind of utopia.

Otherwise, why not have Shadow become the "king of robots"? No, he's fixated on Tobio (presumably because he was Tenma's child and also a connection to his late wife).

So, I see him as an antagonist who becomes increasingly villain as he desperately struggles to control Astro's destiny.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I've often wondered where 2003 Tenma's fixation on Astro being the "king of the robots" was coming from . . . and I believe it's from a ironically contorted part of his soul that says it MUST be his "human son" (Tobio) who would become a "perfect robot", and then HE could "join" Tobio to rule over robots and humans alike to achieve some kind of utopia.

Otherwise, why not have Shadow become the "king of robots"? No, he's fixated on Tobio (presumably because he was Tenma's child and also a connection to his late wife).

So, I see him as an antagonist who becomes increasingly villain as he desperately struggles to control Astro's destiny.

Wow, I pretty much agree with everything you said there.

In my mind, it makes perfect sense that he would want this for him and his "son". After all, he pretty much went insane after two failed attempts, and most likely convinced himself that robot rule was the only possible way to be with his son again.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”