If Astro had a synthetic human heart?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
atomicrush
Metro City Citizen

If Astro had a synthetic human heart?

Postby atomicrush » 12 years ago

Would he have blood? Or other body fluids like human beings? If he did have a heart it would pump the coolent and other fluids around to carry nutrients around or certain minerals to replace lost abundancys of metal or slicon or other substances that his body needs to replace for example, damage to his body through fighting would slowly cause "wear and tear" damage. Thus leading to system failure.

But if without a digestive system he would have to take injections of nutrients and minerals such as a tonic. I wonder if he would have to do it monthly? However with a digestive system he could just absorb minerals and vitamins/nutrients etc.. through eating and drinking. With his fighting he does he therefore maybe would have to take horse pills of nutrients containing large amounts of metals and minerals etc...
[sigpic][/sigpic]Take your time in life... The sweet joy will come to you :heart: :heart: :heart:
My Deviant Art (Larsara) http://larsara.deviantart.com/
My YouTube (AstroZalta) http://www.youtube.com/user/AstroZalta
HATENA SHUTDOWN CAN'T POST! :(
Tumblr (ask-movie-astro-boy)
http://ask-movie-astro-boy.tumblr.com/ Anyone want to follow? :p

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Hmmm . . . interesting point, in that probably the "parts" of him that would need "cooling" would be his "skeleton" (which you can see in some of the schematic diagrams or "see through" drawings of him) and "joints" and also his "jet areas" (arms/legs). That would be because he would build up heat from the effort of lifting enormous weight, and burning jet/rocket fuel.

My guess is that it would be more like an internal "refrigeration system" designed to cool off "hot spots"

And maybe the "veins" carrying the coolant would also serve to alert Astro if they determine some of his skeleton/joints were damaged or need replacing. Unless we could come up with a way for inorganic substances to repair/heal themselves, he'd need "surgery!" :p
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

That is an interesting thought, a human-like structure used internally in robots. I also like AprilSeven's theory about the cooling system.

As for blood, I've noticed there's a scene in the Shinsengumi film where Blue Bon (the Blue Knight) briefly has a bit of red streaks from his forehead dripping down his face. Maybe it's already possible Astro could also have something like blood within him? I am not certain.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

what film is that?

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Shinsengumi is short movie that seems to be based on the Blue Knight manga chapter. The scene appears at about 4 and a half minutes into the video preview on Tezuka's website. For convenience, here's a screenshot.

atomicrush
Metro City Citizen

Postby atomicrush » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Hmmm . . . interesting point, in that probably the "parts" of him that would need "cooling" would be his "skeleton" (which you can see in some of the schematic diagrams or "see through" drawings of him) and "joints" and also his "jet areas" (arms/legs). That would be because he would build up heat from the effort of lifting enormous weight, and burning jet/rocket fuel.

My guess is that it would be more like an internal "refrigeration system" designed to cool off "hot spots"

And maybe the "veins" carrying the coolant would also serve to alert Astro if they determine some of his skeleton/joints were damaged or need replacing. Unless we could come up with a way for inorganic substances to repair/heal themselves, he'd need "surgery!" :p

Good point ApirlSeven I think this would work for him on many levels. He could build up heat from his jets or excessive stress. Running at a really fast pace for a long period of time could cause his heart rupture. :eek: Then he would have to "surgery" wouldn't he? I wonder what anesthetic they would use? Would they have to intubate? Lol :lol:
[sigpic][/sigpic]Take your time in life... The sweet joy will come to you :heart: :heart: :heart:

My Deviant Art (Larsara) http://larsara.deviantart.com/

My YouTube (AstroZalta) http://www.youtube.com/user/AstroZalta

HATENA SHUTDOWN CAN'T POST! :(

Tumblr (ask-movie-astro-boy)

http://ask-movie-astro-boy.tumblr.com/ Anyone want to follow? :p

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 12 years ago

Anesthetic == switch off? :rolleyes:
Last edited by fafner on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

hay april, if he were to use a refrigeration system, where is he gonna put the heat, it has to go someware????????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

AprilSeven
Silent Song

:o hmy:

:rolleyes:

:whistling:

:blush:

"Astro-Gas?"

:astro: - hey waita minute!!!!

:tezuka: Now you guys know why I never tried to explain TOO much!!

:tenma: Ahem, Mr. Diehard, are you suggesting I - with all my great genius - would not have been able to figure out how to disperse the accumulated heat?

:shifty: Well, you forgot to make him GROW!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 12 years ago

LOL Astro-Gas
:astro: *pooot* Sorry. I had to... relieve some heat... :blush:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”