Virus attacks on Astro?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
atomicrush
Metro City Citizen

Virus attacks on Astro?

Postby atomicrush » 11 years ago

If there was a virus that could do damage and slow down Astro. Immobilizing him and made him deathly sick, could not be cured but only with a certain antidote. I think hacking his system would be tough though for this to happen since he's a really advanced android or super clone (based on 2009 Astro)

If someone hacked his system through his firewall, the virus would first attack the "endocrine system" or "nervous system" to paralyze him then move to the CPU and cause damage. Maybe it would steal important data or corrupt his data. :eek: What are your thoughts on what would happen when he got sick?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Take your time in life... The sweet joy will come to you :heart: :heart: :heart:
My Deviant Art (Larsara) http://larsara.deviantart.com/
My YouTube (AstroZalta) http://www.youtube.com/user/AstroZalta
HATENA SHUTDOWN CAN'T POST! :(
Tumblr (ask-movie-astro-boy)
http://ask-movie-astro-boy.tumblr.com/ Anyone want to follow? :p

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

1st, your opening paragraph has odd & confusing punctuation. Its 1st sentence starts out as a question, but ends with a period. :p

I do not believe Tezuka would worry much about such things, Asimov might have, but their reasons for writing robot stories were very different. Tezuka used robots as metaphors for the lower or servant class. They who are abused or neglected by those in power.

But to your question, they would give him a spoonful of CASTROL GTX. ACTUALLY, i THINK i AM UNPREPARED TO SPECULATE ON THIS question at this time. :blush:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I could TOTALLY envision Astro having some kind of "life-threatening" failure. In my "fan-fic in my head" I imagined his AI would malfunction - like, he could speak, but not comprehend others speaking to him . . . and they'd have to scramble to figure out what was going wrong - maybe "download him" to another AI. Kind of like a "robot stroke."

I thought of that because if the way computers become corrupted and malfunction, and periodically have to be "re-booted."

@Jeffbert - CASTROL GTX -- you crack me up!!! XD
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

astro couldn't be affected by a virus that affects his body, they don't exist, but his computerized brain could be affected, how this would affect his ai would depend on how it is implemented.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 11 years ago

but, what about what happened to Zoran? didn't that "bug virus" mess with her body? i know it did damage to her electronic brain, but, didn't it also go near her heart? Astro had to shrink down to get inside her body and fight the virus... and Zoran was built after Astro, based on his body structure. so, if Zoran can get a virus, cant Astro?
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Good thinking!!

I think most of us are thinking the kind of "virus" our computers get, which is actually code that "breaks into" the computer via the operating system and creates havoc.

What happened to Zoran was a PHYSICAL "virus" - a sort of nano-bot that was creating problems, so yes, I would think he COULD be suseptible to that (unless Dr. Elephun/O'Shay comes up with some kind of protective defense to protect him).
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 11 years ago

good point...
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

AtomXKoisuru, it was not a virus, but a parasite that munched on Uran's memories. A virus would spread; it would infect other tissue & that in turn, would affect even more tissue. The parasite was indeed intended for :astro: , but the henchman was unfamiliar with him, & either mistook Uran for him, or thought it would make no difference which sibling was infected.

A true computer virus could interfere with any aspect of the computer's operation. I am not one who is well informed on this subject, as is Vergere, but, as I understand it, the creators of the virus need some data on the system they wish to attack. I think some is an understatement; hackers are continually finding vulnerabilities with the Windows system, as indicated by the many patches Microsoft sends to all Windows computers, on an almost daily basis.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

that little bug that messed with zoran acts more or less like a mod chip in a video game system, only it could install itself and did no good for her, probably blocked her ai and took over control of her body.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

I would say that Astro Boy is subjected to a computer virus attack. After all, he is a machine.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”