What do you like most about Astro?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
atomicrush
Metro City Citizen

What do you like most about Astro?

Postby atomicrush » 11 years ago

What are some things you enjoy most about the series and the character? I feel that the series made me get into Astro more and more about the conflict between humans and robots. What other things do you think that could help the series and Astro become more popular? Don't be shy, have at it! :)
[sigpic][/sigpic]Take your time in life... The sweet joy will come to you :heart: :heart: :heart:
My Deviant Art (Larsara) http://larsara.deviantart.com/
My YouTube (AstroZalta) http://www.youtube.com/user/AstroZalta
HATENA SHUTDOWN CAN'T POST! :(
Tumblr (ask-movie-astro-boy)
http://ask-movie-astro-boy.tumblr.com/ Anyone want to follow? :p

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Ummmm wait I'm a little confused . . . are you looking for what each of use like about Astro, or what would make the series better/more popular (or both?) :confused:

If it's the first . . . what I like the most is Astro's gentle/heroic spirit in spite of his difficult life

If it's the second . . . I wish the series would continue on - and I'd like to see Astro grow up and eventually become a human (kind of like going full circle). :D
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

If it's the first: Regarding the series, I like how people new to Astro Boy can jump in anywhere in the manga or any of the anime series and not have to know the storyline up to whatever point they're at. The only exception to that is the last six episodes of the 2003 series. That's not to say that I don't enjoy storylines like that, but I think that it's good for newbies to feel like they don't need to catch up.

Regarding the character: I think I'll agree with April here. Admittedly though, I do find Astro Boy's pacifism in certain situations to be tiresome after a while. It's one of those things that I like and don't like at the same time.

If it's the second: I think the only way to make Astro Boy more popular is to re-introduce him in a new anime. Introduce him to the next generation and pass on the torch.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

Probably the thing I like about Astro Boy the most is Astro's characteristics. It's a pretty good model for what humans should be.

Like Shiyonasan said, Astro Boy needs a new anime if he is to become more popular. However, if the series is to become successful oversea, it needs a good dub. There is no way I am ever paying for the 2003 dub.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

I agree with April as well. I also like the contrast between his amazing physical strength and his kind nature.

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Regarding the character: I think I'll agree with April here. Admittedly though, I do find Astro Boy's pacifism in certain situations to be tiresome after a while. It's one of those things that I like and don't like at the same time.

I see what you mean, although I can't recall finding it tiresome, at least not in the 1980 series (I'm forgetting the 2003 series more and more as time go by, since I haven't watched it in so long!).

However, this made me remember that I am glad he is not always "perfect". He makes mistakes, too. I like this side of him. :cool:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”