Any new Tetsuwan Atom in the works?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
GreenDarthVader
Kokoro Robot

Postby GreenDarthVader » 11 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:something exciting that hasn't been animated before though i wound't mind a full Phoenix Anime series because they have never done everything from it,

I'm pretty sure they made a Pheonix movie.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

Personally, I'd like to see a Rainbow Parakeet anime. But given Tezuka Productions recent production choices, I don't think that will happening any time soon.

As far as Astro is concerned, I'd like to see a new film done by Tezuka Productions, or at the very least a short OVA continuing the 03 series.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"GreenDarthVader" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Atom;202470]something exciting that hasn't been animated before though i wound't mind a full Phoenix Anime series because they have never done everything from it,

I'm pretty sure they made a Pheonix movie.[/QUOTE]They made several things from it OVA series,specials,Space Firebird 2772 movie and a live action movie but i meant i want a full series containing all stories and no cuts that has never done before.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a Rainbow Parakeet anime. But given Tezuka Productions recent production choices, I don't think that will happening any time soon.

As far as Astro is concerned, I'd like to see a new film done by Tezuka Productions, or at the very least a short OVA continuing the 03 series.

There have been a few OVAs (and one theatrical film) produced for the 2003 series, as well as many more for the others. Personally, I'd like to see them all... :3

On a random (though interesting) off-note, the 2003 incarnation of Atom often seems to show up in Japanese automotive commercials, like a Ford commercial (at least, I /think/ it was Ford), and a few different versions of a commercial for Good Year tires. :3
lolwut

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

Makes sense to me; that's the current look for Astro, so it makes sense that they'd keep using the 03 model.

I know of the theatrical films, and they're great. Even then, those are still adapting stories from Tezuka's manga, or creating new stories, they're not a direct continuation of the 03 series. I want a continuation that would focus more on the characters, to see Tenma attempting to help Astro, and having difficulty with adjusting to a normal life after losing his mind.

Sadly though, I don't think that would ever come to pass...Oh well, that's what fanfiction is for.
Last edited by Prettywitchiusaka on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

Something of note is that the art style was changed in the 2011 iPhone game, Tap Tap Rush. I doubt they would re-use this style, but I figure it's worth pointing out since the game is the most recent major media release that he's been in.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

My only consern is the altered storyline which is not a real localization.
The brazilian dub of the 2003 anime was good, but unfortunatelly it was based in the lies which the american version had which is annoying since the story wasn't the real thing.

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 11 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Something of note is that the art style was changed in the 2011 iPhone game, Tap Tap Rush. I doubt they would re-use this style, but I figure it's worth pointing out since the game is the most recent major media release that he's been in.

I would love if they choose that style!
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Tap Tap Rush was mainly based in the 1960 and 1980 series with a brand new look, it was just a way to celebrate the series.
But, it would better if they released it for Nintendo DS.
I really missed the chance to play that game...

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 11 years ago

If so, bring back all the original voice actors and music
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”