ASTRO BOY CAME FIRST!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
BlueCore
Robot President

ASTRO BOY CAME FIRST!

Postby BlueCore » 11 years ago

So Ive been on google lately being bored... I looked up ASTRO boy and megaman and there was lots of sites saying that ASTRO boy was a rip off of megaman!!!!!!!! And ASTRO boy was first!!!! Didn't he? Did he?

Did astro boy come first?????
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

StargazerLili
Metro City Citizen

Postby StargazerLili » 11 years ago

Astro Boy came out in 1951 and Megaman came out in 1987. Astro was here first. :astro:

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

I think the reason why Astro Boy is seen as a Mega Man rip-off is because of how much Astro Boy has fallen from grace. Once it was one of the world most popular cartoon series, now it's semi-obscure outside of Japan (or at least in America).

In America, the 2003 TV series, 2009 movie, and I believe the 1980 TV series all failed. I don't think it's going to get better anytime soon.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Senseless censure and the stupid idea of turning Atom into another character overseas was pretty much a reason.
The 2003 version suffered a horrible butchering which shamed many who had appreciated it after coming in contact with the original japanese series.
Also do not take these guys seriously, because the Rockman community is completely broken. Atom may still have a chance of shinning once again, but in overseas it'll be only possible if the series don't get a bad import.
In the 1980 series, Atom could use his arm jets as a weapon, so it was a prototype for the arm cannon. But, with short range.
Last edited by Toshio on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI- HUGS I love ASTROBOY AND I FEEL LIKE IT IS MUCH BETTER then most cartoons they show on television. I love that he cares about humans and life and is intelligent and kinda cute too! ALSO I sorta love him - I am a fan of his and always will be- pray everyone the very best always!

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 11 years ago

POEPLE NEED TO GET THERE FACTS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
There is around 36 years between :astro: and Megaman!!!!!!
And to tell you the truth I hardly know any thing/seen anything about Megaman (besides a toy that my brother got when he was little, but he just got that because it looked cool) maybe thats just in Australia???
*ABSCOND*

Toshio
Banned

"Gemstone2474" wrote:POEPLE NEED TO GET THERE FACTS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
There is around 36 years between :astro: and Megaman!!!!!!
And to tell you the truth I hardly know any thing/seen anything about Megaman (besides a toy that my brother got when he was little, but he just got that because it looked cool) maybe thats just in Australia???

People who call Atom as a rip-off are NOOBs, lol They do known nothing^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOWLQPyzs6Y
Last edited by Toshio on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 11 years ago

"Toshio" wrote:Also do not take these guys seriously, because the Rockman community is completely broken.

Don't ever think a handful of idiots represent the majority. Those ones may be broken, but the community in general isn't, I'm certain most of them know better ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Toshio
Banned

Most of them are devided with the franchine which they support more.
But, it's another story, and we should not take noobs so seriously.
They're a laughing stock.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

The Rockman fan base was kind of okay before the recent cancellations of games in the series. The cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 along with other events following it, has broke the fan base. While it'll never reach the level of absurbity that is the Sonic, Final Fantasy, or (IMO) Super Smash Bros, the Rock Man fan base has received some permanent scares as a result.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”