Why you hated the Astro Boy Movie?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

That trash will never have a sequel and neither deserve it.
If it fails in Japan, then Tezuka Productions will don't apphrove a contract or license for a sequel.
It's like when Nintendo denied a new Super Mario Bros. for Hollywood: the first movie failed in Japan.
It doesn't make any justice for Osamu Tezuka's lifetime work and neither it use ONLY Tezuka Star characters.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 11 years ago

"Toshio" wrote:That trash will never have a sequel and neither deserve it.

You think it is trash. I'm fine with that. However I am beginning to be annoyed you go on again and again to say that it IS trash. Say whatever you want about what you think, just stop presenting what is your opinion as the truth. Thanks for your respect toward people who don't think it was trash :)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=Toshio;204449]That trash will never have a sequel and neither deserve it.

You think it is trash. I'm fine with that. However I am beginning to be annoyed you go on again and again to say that it IS trash. Say whatever you want about what you think, just stop presenting what is your opinion as the truth. Thanks for your respect toward people who don't think it was trash :) [/QUOTE]

Thank you fafner. I agree that Toshio is entitled to her opinion, but I'm getting pretty sick of her condescending attitude towards who do like the movie as well.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

I loved the movie but considering they didn't pay attention to the cartoon thats alright. Thanks to everyone who has a positive attitude towards the flim, Merci
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

... Honey, the SMB movie never got a sequel because it failed in general. Seriously; it was a steaming pile of Hollywood's finest, and everyone knew- KNOWS it.

And the more I watch the AB movie (it's on YouTube, so as long as it's there... I'm a freeloader; don't judge), the more "high-points" I see in it. Even Nic Cage didn't totally suck until the later half of the movie (he still sucks in general, though). And the score is actually a bit lovely. I probably thought that the score and the film were incongruent when I first watched it, and I was probably half-right: while not entirely terrible, the score- as well as the characters- deserved a better film than they got.

Which brings me to another "high-point": Astro's character in the film seems to have retained a measure of integrity; the main flaw that everyone buzzed about, was that he was simply a little older. That isn't even a problem, really; Freddie Highmore still does a good job of making him sound adorable (if a touch too deep-voiced on occasion). And his visual design isn't awful. It's far from perfect (much like the rest of the film), but that doesn't mean we should write him off. For one thing, it's not as if we'll ever see him again. Imagi went under not too long ago, right? Or it's in the process of it?

I forget where I was going with this. :d oh:

Anyways, some of the casting was spot-on. Nathan Lane is a perfect Hamegg. (although Hamegg's design was suffered a little for the sake of the film, too)

I still can't remember my other points, but I'll come back to it.
lolwut

StargazerLili
Metro City Citizen

Postby StargazerLili » 11 years ago

One thing I found funny in the movie was Dr. Tenma's first name change. I get that 'Umataro' isn't the easiest to say for many non-japanese speakers, but 'Bill'? Seriously? All I could think was 'Bill Nye the Science Guy'.
"Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder."

Come and see me at:http://liliopsida.deviantart.com/

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Oh, I agree. I think Nathan Lane was a good pick for this version of Hamegg, even if you could see the twist of him being evil coming from a mile away. Didn't care for the circus get-up he wore though, I think it should have been more detailed. But otehr than that, no major complaints with him there.

Stargazerlili
Actually, it's funny you mention that. Apparently, they had released official stats for Tenma and Ochanomizu in this version. What I find interesting is that Tenma's full name in this is William Umatarou Tenma. As a result, it really makes me wish he'd said William instead of Bill at the end of the film.

Astro-Rokku-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astro-Rokku-chan » 11 years ago

I can see where long-time fans of Astro Boy could be coming from when they say they were disappointed with the movie, but altogether it really wasn't that bad of a film. Personally, I absolutely adored it. It was, like many people, my first exposure to Astro Boy and the whole reason I got into the whole fandom. So they must have done something right.

"Toshio" wrote:And the music? What the hell was that, they call that trash as music??

I'm sorry, but I thought the score was amazing. I don't know what anyone else was listening to during the movie, but I believe Ottoman did a fantastic job with it. :)

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Yeah, the score wasn't bad either. It's not exactly what hear when I think of Astro Boy music, but it's still a decent little score, especially the main theme.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

I personally don't expect that movie to have a sequel.
I'd preffer if the japanese do their own movie of Atom rather than letting hollywood do the job.
Because they know how to make the series do justice to both the original mangá and anime.
Though, I still believe the but machine gun unecessary.
Also, Ham Egg was badly represented, his appearance made him look more like Astro Papa than Ham Egg himself.
The vilains Stone and his Peace Keeper were ridiculous, they're not even like the villains which the original character dealt in the original series.
The behavior of Stone himself was pathetic, it felt the voice actor was not even trying.
Also, if the japanese public shy away from it, then there are no chances of a sequel.
It doesn't deserve one.
Last edited by Toshio on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”