has anyone bugged you for having such an Astro boy obession

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
racoonangel
Robot President

has anyone bugged you for having such an Astro boy obession

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

I talk about Astro boy 27 now I love it so much I can't help my self somedays I will day dream about him. Okay back on topic my parents and siblings are getting anooyed of me speaking a word about Astro boy they can't stand any more so they make fun of me by saying ohh can Astro boy eat or I wonder if Astro boy likes this and so on
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 11 years ago

Oh god! Yes!!! It's so annoying!
Most of my friends tell me I can't love a cartoon and if he was actually real I couldn't love a robot!!!! Ugh!

And they always ask me if he can eat how tall is he can he grow up how old is he?
But the one question that always gets me is, what are you gonna do when you get older and ASTRO boy is still 13-15(2009)

Well obviously ism going to be heart broken!!!!!! And I really don't want to think about stuff like that!!!
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

racoonangel
Robot President

Yes, I'm so obessed with him I wish he was real.
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

I don't think anyone in my family even knows how much I like the series, to be quite honest. ^-^; My brother gave me a bit of flak the other day for seeing "Astro Boy" on my search bar for the Wii's YouTube channel a couple of times, but I think that's it.
lolwut

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

No one in RL really cares that I like Astro Boy. Then again, I don't talk about him 24/7 (despite the many day dreams I have about him) and I did ask my dad if he knew anything about Astro Boy growing up (probably not).

It'd be a good idea if you stop talking about Astro Boy so much and obsessing over him. Going overboard could make you an Encyclopedia Dramatica target, which is really bad (even though that probably won't ever happen given how good of a reputation the Astro Boy fan base has).
Last edited by Fuzzy Pickles! on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 11 years ago

A coworker/friendly acquaintance got to talking about anime one late workday, and I mentioned AB, and he was shocked that I liked something so old. Gotta give him credit though, he's seen more then a few episodes (of the 80's series, at least) and we talked about how many deaths the series showed/had.
Aside from that, I'm in LBF's boat, the above incident was about the only time I've ever mentioned it in actual conversation to anyone.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

once I was capturing packets on my home wifi to show my sister how not secure facebook chat was and she typed "astro boy sucks" thinking I would see it instantly in the wireshark data.

a girl in a therapy group I am in teased me a bit about having an astroboy wallpaper on my cell phone.

that is all I can remember about and these people were not being mean or anything they were just joking around.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

I never got bugged for liking the series, but then again those who say that it sucks are noobs.
Specially like these who bash the series for being "alike" to Rockman, lol
I recall I was drawing a different character at the school break and somebody who don't knew anything said it was "Dragon Ball".
Feh, it was mostly what every noob knew about anime during that time...
Imagine when you're drawing Tetsuwan Atom characters and somebody goes asking if you're drawing a Dragon Ball or Pokémon character like a noob to tease you.

racoonangel
Robot President

Talking about noobs well there is a new member bunnypower1585 shes my friend i got her into liking astro boy too but shes never seen all the episodes like i have because i had been talking 24/7 about then eventually she became a fan sorry for getting off topic
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

This whole thread makes me smile! :D Back in the 60's - I was 10/11 and drove my parents CRAZY about Astro Boy - they'd just get tired of it (and back then - no Internet, VHS or DVD . . . . so I had to wait a WEEK to see each episode). They would always want to go shopping when AB aired . . . to they'd leave me in the TV dept, and I'd watch Astro in the store, while they shopped!!

One GOOD thing back then . . . a LOT of kids in my class watched/loved Astro Boy . . . and our teacher would let us draw "cartoons" on the black board about him (we didn't know about manga or anime - we didn't even know Astro was Japanese!). So yeah, it was GREAT that he was really popular and had a real fan base. Too bad the subsequent anime series didn't have that in the USA.

Today I've got Astro stuff in my office, and you'd be surprised how many people good-naturedly tease me about my hero -- but a lot of them will then come back and say . . . Oh... I just saw that movie(on DVD or something), and it was really good! So I feel like I do my part for AB every day!! :p :astro: :wub:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”