ASTRO BOY PLANET 13 FILM REEL FROM THE 60S NBC ENGLISH VERSION ON SALE!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

ASTRO BOY PLANET 13 FILM REEL FROM THE 60S NBC ENGLISH VERSION ON SALE!!

Postby AstroBoyGF » 11 years ago

OMG GUY IM LIKE FREAKINGOUT ON EBAY THERE IS A 60S NBC ASTRO BOY PLANET 13 FILM REEL LIKE FOR OVER 9000 DOLLARS AND IM LIKE FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW AND CRYING AND **** OMG
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro:
here is the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-TV-Broadcast-Film-Astro-Boy-Planet-13-/251118353683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a77d1fd13

I WANT IT SO BAD
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

dammn that's epic but with these kind of things it's always the question how's gonna buy that for over 9000 !!! :lol:
If it even get's sold it's probaly some old dude who can actually play this things off but anyway can't you just get this from the Rightstuff sets it's marked as Astro Boy Japanese episode 120 if i'm not mistaken so who would wanna have it your must be some kinda idiot.
Still if it where a bargain for some reason i would get my hands on it, it is some piece of history and NBC saying they distroyed all tapes in the 70's there more and more popping up all over the place.
If that only where the case with the Amazing three but Sandy Frank studio's aint got nothing of it but there version of Princess knight recently got found completly so there's still hope for it (a few tapes of it found there way to ebay but only a few) as well ass new tresure island movie Animerama and so on not that i woudn't rather just have all of it with English subs but i'm still a sucker for the history off those old tezuka anime dubs.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

$10,000 - in your DREAMS!! :mad:

And he hasn't played it because he doesn't have a projector - so . . . it might not even be in play-able shape!! UGH!!

Still - of COURSE I want it!! Hmm .... it does say you can make an offer - so maybe somebody should do that -- offer $100 or something.

One other thing that doesn't seem right - do you see that date stamp is 1959? Astro Boy didn't premiere on US television until January of 1964. :shifty:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 11 years ago

Actually Astro Boy premiered in NYC in Sept., 1963. So obviously whoever stamped the date on the reel stamped the wrong date. It is possible that the date stamp is one of those stamps where the date can be changed by turning a wheel and had not been changed or was changed and the year was left incorrectly and who ever stamped the date didn't realize it until too late.

As for the price, the owner probably thinks he has something real rare. But again the episode in question is easily available on DVD, and unless you own a projector you cannot play the film.

I :heart: :astro: :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Actually Astro Boy premiered in NYC in Sept., 1963.

Here is where I get confused. I remember watching Astro Boy (via a very weak signal) BEFORE I saw it on WNEW in New York - it was coming from a CT station - I believe it was New Haven, and I even remember the sponsor was none other than MacDonalds (before Ronald existed!!)

I also remember watching the "origin story" on the night of January 4, 1964 - also the night my youngest brother was born (it was a Saturday night). My dad came home with the announcement, but my other brother and I weren't impressed - we were telling him about Astro, and were busy smashing toy cars against the fireplace mantle, recreating Astor Boynton's fateful wreclk! :eek: :rolleyes:

I wonder if maybe it was playing in New York since September, but I wasn't aware of it until that particular day (maybe they moved the time it was broadcast?).

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 11 years ago

Wow, really awesome find! :cool:

Too bad I don't have a way to play it nor can I afford to spend that kind of money to buy it. :d oh:
:heart: :astro:

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

Epic. I reckon it belongs in some kind of museum.
lolwut

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:
Actually Astro Boy premiered in NYC in Sept., 1963.

Here is where I get confused. I remember watching Astro Boy (via a very weak signal) BEFORE I saw it on WNEW in New York - it was coming from a CT station - I believe it was New Haven, and I even remember the sponsor was none other than MacDonalds (before Ronald existed!!)

I also remember watching the "origin story" on the night of January 4, 1964 - also the night my youngest brother was born (it was a Saturday night). My dad came home with the announcement, but my other brother and I weren't impressed - we were telling him about Astro, and were busy smashing toy cars against the fireplace mantle, recreating Astor Boynton's fateful wreclk! :eek: :rolleyes:

I wonder if maybe it was playing in New York since September, but I wasn't aware of it until that particular day (maybe they moved the time it was broadcast?).

While I cannot account for your memory, here are some facts I do know.

The official premiere air date for Astro Boy in the USA is Sept. 7, 1963 airing on WNEW (channel 5) in NYC (as it was known @ the time). If there were other test markets prior to the WNEW premiere I am not aware of them. But I have read that "Astro Boy" did not premiere in the rest of the country until 1964. For ex. the show premiered in LA in Sept. 1964.

As for your remembering of seeing "The Birth of Astro Boy " Jan. 4, 1964, it could have just been a repeat, as the show premiered in syndication where there are no exact broadcast dates as the stations could and would air a particular episode whenever they wanted to and as many times as they wanted to.

I hope that helps you. Happy New Year!

I :heart: :astro: :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Thanks, Astrobuddy - that must be the situation (I happened to see a repeat of Episode 1 when I first watched it in January 1964). Darn!! That means I missed 4 months!! XD

I also am certain there was a small article about AB in the TV Guide, but I haven't been successful yet in locating it. Hopefully one of these days I'll uncover it, and share here.

Happy New Year to you too, and thanks for all you bring to this wonderful forum.

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 11 years ago

i've been watching that for months, if i had that kind of money, i could either buy that or put it aside for college & other stuff XD

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”