Astro Boy Head Canon

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Would you believe ....
Dr. O'Shay in his younger days was once a drummer in a heavy metal rock band.
Cobalt takes up the bass guitar and gets Astro to get himself a six stringer. Cobalt buys Uran a keyboard and she takes to it like a duck to water. They form a garage band after O'Shay gets his old drum set out of storage.

I'm hatching a cross over with "Alvin and the Chipmunks". The Tetsuwan bot's (and O'Shay) jam with Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. The first tune they play is a new wave ditty by the Vapors.....
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

Okay, so this is something that mostly stems from one of Dan Rush's older fanfictions (sort of like my "Jetter Mars= Amateur Mechanic" headcanon on Tumblr), but, in some of my more recent AUs I have running around inside my brain, Atom has a an intense cat fetish; an idea that is further fuelled by all of the cat-related fanart I have seen of the character. It's not necessarily a sexual thing (after all, isn't he kind of young for that?), but he likes to dress up as and pretend to be a cat- and he rolls in catnip from time to time. :lol: It's not something he likes others to know about, though. In at least one of my AUs, Cobalt/Jetto (and I think some other character in another) uses this information as blackmail.
lolwut

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Would you believe ....
Cobalt takes up the bass guitar and gets Astro to get himself a six stringer. Cobalt buys Uran a keyboard and she takes to it like a duck to water. They form a garage band after O'Shay gets his old drum set out of storage.

I'm hatching a cross over with "Alvin and the Chipmunks". The Tetsuwan bot's (and O'Shay) jam with Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. The first tune they play is a new wave ditty by the Vapors.....

You're planning on turning this into a fanfic? Go right ahead, you have my blessing. The concept alone made me laugh as I was reading it.

Well, now that I see this thread is up an running again. I think I'll dip into my head cannons, since I've got a few more.

Despite not being musically gifted, Astro is actually pretty good at the recorder.

In addition to practicing kendo and archery, Tawashi also teaches kendo once a week.

Despite his jerk attitude, Tawashi actually has a soft spot for kids. This is partially because him and his wife could not have kids of their own.

Hoshie is a nurse practitioner, and runs a small neighbourhood business out of her house, and teaches piano to pay off her mortgage. Despite being trained in medicine, she has a fancy towards herbal remedies, which often work out well for her. This is shown when O'Shay (who doesn't believe in alternative medicine) is talked into at least humouring her to take her remedy when he has a bad head cold, and ends feeling a lot better by nightfall.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;212744]Would you believe ....

You're planning on turning this into a fanfic? Go right ahead, you have my blessing. The concept alone made me laugh as I was reading it.
.[/QUOTE]
Actually I've already done this. It's up on FF.net now. Every now and then I get these inspirations for a quick one shot in a few chapters that make for a very quick write. If you read it, let me know if you do think it's funny. There is a bit in the last chapter that was partly inspired by Bender from an episode of Futurama.

BTW, I like the idea of stories developed around Hoshie. She's a neglected character in the canon.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:[QUOTE=Prettywitchiusaka;212763][QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;212744]Would you believe ....

.[/QUOTE]
Actually I've already done this. It's up on FF.net now. Every now and then I get these inspirations for a quick one shot in a few chapters that make for a very quick write. If you read it, let me know if you do think it's funny. There is a bit in the last chapter that was partly inspired by Bender from an episode of Futurama.

BTW, I like the idea of stories developed around Hoshie. She's a neglected character in the canon.[/QUOTE]

Really? Well then, I'll make sure to read it tomorrow morning.

Thanks. I'm not sure why Hoshie is such a neglected character in canon myself, but at least it gives me more room to explore and experiment with what I think could happen with her.

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 10 years ago

My head Canon relates to the life of Astro "off-panel". Yes, I'm talking about the Star System here. I'm being inconsistent at years, and remember this rule. The Star System carachters age differently from a real person:

It starts out on Metropolis. Mitchy was the biggest female star out of the Tezuka System. Kenichi and she developed a relationship when they were teenagers, but they broke up when they were 20 or so. At that time, Mitchy's stardom was absolutely surpassed by her own pupil's: Sapphire, an aspiring actress that learned how to take on androgynous, action girl parts directly from her.

Mitchy was happy that things were going this way. She preferred to live a quiet and peaceful life working behind the panels, doing stunts and teaching younger aspiring kiddos. One day she saw a painter man on the Studio falling down a crumbing ladder. She rescued him, although she got hurt in the incident: she sustained major injuries in her hands. The painter man, Mr. Tenma, passed every day by the Hospital, and his kind and supportive attitude towards his saviour was such that despite having a large age difference (she was in her early twenties, he on his middle thirties and sporting an moustache that made him look older - he had an ugly scar in the upper lip.Causes are undisclosed. At age 15 he was already sporting his moustache) and him being quite ugly on the outside, they fell in love and eventually got married. This was the wedding of the year from the Media: "Famed young actress marries mustachioed worker".

Some time after, they were blessed with a pair of twins: Atom and Uran, and then they had two more sons: Cobalt and Chitan. Sadly, the older twins suffered from a congenital disorder that stopped their growth at a very early age. However, they grew strong, especially Atom, who at a very young age started to show two things: an incredible cuteness and really wild athletic capabilities. Osamu Tezuka saw him grow and thought he could make a supestar out of the kid. And so, when he was ten, he made his debut in "Tetsuwan Atom" or "Astro Boy", first as a secondary character to the ever-young Kenichi, then as the star.

Atom won accolades all around the world. Mitchy and her husband - who also had the honor to have his surname given to the father and creator of Astroboy - were appointed to play robot versions of themselves (they retired some years later. Astro's dad hated being in the spotlight: after all, he had no acting background, he was just a worker in the studio who happened to be married to a famous actress). His brother Cobalt and sister Uran were introduced. She went to be a big star alongside her brother. Cobalt grew normally and lost his charm early on. He quit acting with his siblings and joined Ham Egg's Flying Circus, an experimental stage company. Chitan was introduced as early as he was born.

And then Atom got into adulthood and grew tired of Astro Boy. He thought he could make bigger things. He tried to kill his character off (he even had his hand on the scripts), but had to change his mind quickly following a massive uproar from the fanbase (Tezuka told him they would react that way already, but he wouldn't listen). However, he demanded writing his very own series, a new and adult view of Astro: "Stories of Astroboy". After its complete sucess - he even got to have Astro die and ressurect twice, and then showed a harsher side of his character (a half-hearted attempt to give "bad attitude" to Astro. He discarded it quickly) - he announced his definitive farewell to Astro with a special chapter full of terror and gore aimed at his now adult fans, to rave reviews. Now he was simply Atom Tenma again: He got money, he was dating the sexy new star Zephyrus and he was free to get whatever paper he wanted. He even shaved his iconic hair off to distance himself from Astroboy... But failed. The seventies weren't made for him, and he reached a point where he was "Zephyrus's man". After a few successful appearances on "Black Jack" as a special guest star, he attempted a comeback as Astroboy, but failed again: he wanted to do an approach to the new look of mechas and he just wasn't prepared. Neither were his fans. So after making some gag appearances as Astroboy he choose to join Cobalt and try his way into the stage... To recieve another offer to play Astroboy, this time, from another studio, in co-production with Osamu Tezuka. He declined, and then his teenage brother Chitan took the part from him: Jetter Mars was born.

After venturing in real investment and watching his poor younger brother fail at "being him", Atom was offered an obscene quantity of money to reprise his role as Astroboy: 75.000.000 $ (figures from 1981). Osamu Tezuka and him worked together again and they choose to take a comedic and farcical instance on the character. The producers vetoed their ideas. The expensive new series was a a total failure, and the joint venture created by Tezuka and the unnamed production company crashed, but Astro and Tezuka got very well paid and secured the rights of Astro Boy for themselves. They made their own series, a cheap sitcom made for the sake of it by Astro, Uran and some pals and had their fun before cancelling it for good (without a defined ending, by the way).

Atom married Zephyrus and they were blessed with a lovely daughter: Denkou. By then, Gainax approached Astro with a project to make another installment to the series. He accepted only to have his daughter star in an episode (the 4th overall). Despite having very low expentancies, Atom, noticiably older and chubbier than before, made a great performance. His sister Uran (who was dating Sharaku form "The 3 eyed one") joined the series and went back to stardom, even surpassing his brother.

Nowadays, Atom is still one of the biggest stars of the manga world, and lives with his wife and daughter in Takarazuka. His last appearance - As Astroboy, that is - has been a crossover with Son Goku an Monkey D. Luffy in a TV special. He has starred in videoclips and ads as well.

STORIES OF OTHERS

- Sapphire got to be the biggest star in the Tezuka universe. She and Rock Homes are nowadays a couple, once he overcame his drug addiction, which strained their long relationship for many years. Sapphire has her own Tomboy's Studio: Between her pupils are names like Uran Tenma, Oscar François de Jarjayes, Utena Tenjo or Lina Inverse, established manga stars on their own nowadays.

PHEW. That's all.
Last edited by Ataru Moroboshi on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Bad grammar, spelling errors and other mistakes

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Ataru . . . that was EPIC!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 10 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Ataru . . . that was EPIC!!

Thanks, April, but had to edit it ... When a non-native wants to write in inglish in the spur of the moment, Engrish comes around. And here I am. Editing my own post for the THIRD TIME :blush:

Edit: Fifth...
Last edited by Ataru Moroboshi on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

I agree with April, that is one awesome head canon you got going on there Ataru! I almost could picture it happening, though maybe as a small manga storyline, or a "what-if" scenario involving Astro Boy.

Also, Sapphire trained both Oscar, AND Utena. Makes you wonder if those two would be friends in said universe.

Anyway, great head cannon.

Also, I have one more I totally forgot about.

Tenma's love for ascots and long coats actually came from Hoshie.

While they were still dating, Hoshie couldn't figure out what to get him for his birthday, and thus asked him. Being a child who grew up with few material possessions, he told her to buy him whatever she felt like getting him. Of course, this only frustrated Hoshie. But then she found a men's clothing store. She saw a teal ascot, and wondered if it would look good on him. Ultimately, she decided yes and bought it, and decided to get a long coat as something extra.

When Tenma first opened the gift, he wasn't sure what to think. If anything, he wasn't sure if it would look good on him. Still, Hoshie insisted, and he decided to humour her. It turned out, she was right. For once he put the articles of clothing on, he found that he liked the look very much.

After that day, birthdays and Christmas was never a problem for Hoshie any longer, now that she knew what she could get him.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

Oh not more Hoshie talk. I feel sick, *sigh* OK.
What about....uh....I am terrible at this.

Uran wants to surprise Ochanomizu by learning more about robotics (since she is less powerful, and not as intelligent as Atom, she does not know very much). So who better to ask than Dr. Tenma himself. Even if she thinks Ochanomizu is smarter. It is not like that's going to backfire on her, right? What could go wrong...
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”