Astro Boy Head Canon

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Indeed. That and I'm pretty sure that Tenma would have qualities that would convince any jury to admit him to an institution when looking back on his actions. (Having his son die, making a robot in his image afterwards and so on). He is a man that would need a lot of healing at the hands of professionals, he could not get this just by being locked up in prison.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

"SuwaHana" wrote:Oh, here's one from the 1960's series. Remember that episode when Atom is blast into the parallel universe where Tobio is still alive and there are these crazy "Metal Men" from space oppressing all of the humans? There's a particular emphasis on Tobio's cowardice in that episode. I like to think that, in learning that Atom was created as an essentially "perfect" version of himself, Tobio comes to resent his father even more, for being capable of such insanity.

Is that fair, to blame his papa for something his parallel universe other self [I cannot think of the right word!] did? :lol: Besides that, if Tobio can blame his father for that, papa can blame Tobio for something one of his other selves did. He could accuse him of anything, since theory holds that there are infinite universes with infinite variations, etc. :hyo:

What if the courts did that? everyone would be guilty of everything! :p

I think if anything, Tobio may have felt that papa's expectations were too high, since Tobio was just a little boy. Though I must admit, that I really do not know, since I know only a few words of Japanese, & F. Ladd had a policy of changing dialogue to avoid adult topics.
Last edited by jeffbert on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

There seems to be a lot of fan fiction about Atom visiting Tenma in prison.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

I'm definitely of the head canon opinion that Tenma spent more time in a mental institution than in prison after the events of the 2003 series.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

"MrsEclipse" wrote:I'm definitely of the head canon opinion that Tenma spent more time in a mental institution than in prison after the events of the 2003 series.

Agreed. I am also of the opinion that once Tenma is well enough that he can live in the outside world again, that he would have a hard time finding his place in society. Especially since he can be no longer challenged.

One of my main head cannons revolves around Hoshie, if she were incorporated into the 2003 series.

You see, she and Astro get along well, and they like spending time together. But Astro is aware that he knows her from somewhere, and Hoshie knows it. She almost tells him, but after her first encounter with Tenma, she tells him to wait until she is ready to talk about it.

This leads to an uncomfortable situation in which Astro wants to talk about it, but also wants to be respectful of her wishes. And Hoshie to feel bad about concealing the truth from him, but still not wanting to confront it just yet, out of fear that he'll hate her.

After her second encounter with Tenma however, she eventually does tell him the truth, and they grow closer because of it.

SuwaHana
Metro City Citizen

Postby SuwaHana » 10 years ago

I like that idea, Usaka! For the sake of my own sanity, I usually just apply Hoshie's fate in the Scara manga arc to all of the continuities, but lately I've been entertaining the idea that she's still alive during the 2003 series, and just separated from Tenma. Once I get into the swing of things during the fall, I'll write a fanfiction (probably a short one) about her suddenly (re)entering Atom's life after her long absence. Been wanting to delve into that concept all summer!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

"SuwaHana" wrote:I like that idea, Usaka! For the sake of my own sanity, I usually just apply Hoshie's fate in the Scara manga arc to all of the continuities, but lately I've been entertaining the idea that she's still alive during the 2003 series, and just separated from Tenma. Once I get into the swing of things during the fall, I'll write a fanfiction (probably a short one) about her suddenly (re)entering Atom's life after her long absence. Been wanting to delve into that concept all summer!

Really? That's great! I hope you get around to writing it, because I'd sure like to read your take on Hoshie.

In addition to her problems with being honest towards Astro, Hoshie finds her feelings towards her husband conflicted. On the one hand, she is angry with him for not only leaving her behind without even bothering to phone her up, but also for what he is doing to Astro. But on the other hand, she still sees the man she fell in love with all of those years ago in many of his actions, and would still like to be with him as his wife. But ultimately, she knows that can't happen.

On the opposite end, Tenma never actively seeks to take his wife back by force. Primarily because he realizes how much his actions have hurt her, and he doesn't wish to bring her any more harm. Yet each time they do meet up, he ends up hurting her somehow in the process.
Last edited by Prettywitchiusaka on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 7 years ago

As Atom ages and gains more worldly experience he finds that he enjoys using 'old fashioned' pen and paper. He starts enjoying calligraphy, and soon has a collection of pens and stationary of all types.

His favorite pen is a fountain pen gifted to him by Dr. Ochanomizu; the pen used to be his own grandfather's and passed down in the family. Since Dr. Ochanomizu had no biological children of his own he gifted it to Atom.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

Here's an idea that recently entered my head, if differs from the actual story in one very important detail:

When Dr. Tenma creates Atom as a replacement for his son Tobio, there ARE NO self aware robots, Atom is a one of a kind, unique creation. No one else has ever come close to this, and the only robots that exist are either remote controlled machines, or simple 'CNC' type factory robots that are re-programmed for each new task that they will perform. Humanoid robots only have 'fake' AI, they are like the robotic performers at Disney World. (IOW, rather as things are today).

Eventually, Tenma goes mad when he realizes that Atom is not a perfect substitute for Tobio, and he disappears leaving Atom deactivated in the deep storage area at the Ministry of Science. A few years later, Atom is discovered by Professor Ochanomizu, who somehow figures out how to reactivate Atom. Fully A.I. Kokoro robots still do not exist, and the professor continues to try to 'reverse engineer' Atom to figure out the secret to Dr. Tenma's creation. (So Uran, Cobalt, and Atlas do NOT exist in this head canon.)

Various underworld types (such as Lamp, Hamegg, Skunk, etc) attempt to steal Atom (or use tricks such as those performed on Pinocchio, Atom is after all an innocent child) to obtain his 'services'.
He is enrolled in school and becomes friends with various human children such as Tamao, Shib, and Kenichi.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”