Astro Boy Head Canon

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

... D'awww. :< Poor widdle Atom... I wish I could read more of the stories...
lolwut

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

That's right, and I believe Hoshi also said that Tobio had a kind of gawky, bouncing gate when he walked
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Actually, you can sort of see a sort of "skipping" gait in images of Astro in mid-stride. Of course, I think it might've been based on the '03 version, but still... Oh, and he skips a little bit in one of the 80's episodes, the one where he gets his parents.
lolwut

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

Ooh, here's another one I forgot about.

Tenma has never cared much for his first name, Umatarou. So much so, that when he first meets Hoshie, he refuses to introduce himself to her by way of first name. When Hoshie eventually discovers his first name, she realizes how embarrassed he is by it, and gives him a nickname; Tarou-chan.

Of course, Tenma finds that name as silly as his actual name, and rejects it otherwise. Despite that, she still calls him Tarou-chan, much to his dismay. Still, he does learn to grow tolerant of that name as the years go by.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

Aww that's such a cute headcannon!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:Aww that's such a cute headcannon!

Thank you.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

Little Brown Fox just PM'ed me some of his ideas for a Cobalt story I'm going to eventually write on FF.NET. He brought up a VERY interesting question. We know Astro's eyes are brown, but what about Cobalt's? Tezuka NEVER did an anime in color with Cobalt so unless someone has an original manga with Cobalt appearing in the first few pages that were sometimes done in color, we will never know. Her idea was that they were cobalt blue. I rather like that idea!
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry for "insulting" you Little Brown Fox. Corrected my error!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Uh, while it sure is nice to mention some of my ideas, I don't much appreciate being referred to as a "he", for future reference. :(

Btw, when I think of him as older, besides being in his taller, skinny state, I almost invariably refer to him as "Jetto", and his eyes are green. Used to be olive, but now somewhere between that and deep jade.

The blue eyes are for the younger interpretation (although really, it's more like I split him into two seperate characters), because honestly, where else is his name supposed to come from? And in the manga canon, he wasn't born wearing boots, so that rules that out.

Cobalt HAS been represented in color before, though, a few times that I can actually pinpoint: he appears on the covers of just two different issues of the Mighty Atom Club magazine. In both instances, his rather beady eyes were colored black, and on at least one cover, his boots that are visible are depicted as being red.
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Sun May 12, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
lolwut

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Uh, while it sure is nice to mention some of my ideas, I don't much appreciate being referred to as a "he", for future reference. :(

Btw, when I think of him as older, besides being in his taller, skinny state, I almost invariably refer to him as "Jetto", and his eyes are green. Used to be olive, but now somewhere between that and deep jade.

The blue eyes are for the younger interpretation (although really, it's more like I split him into two seperate characters), because honestly, where else is his name supposed to come from? And in the manga canon, he wasn't born wearing boots, so that rules that out.

Cobalt HAS been represented in color before, though, a few times that I can actually pinpoint: he appears on the covers of just two different issues of the Mighty Atom Club magazine. In both instances, his rather beady eyes were colored black, and on at least one cover, his boots that are visible are depicted as being red.

Please forgive me!!!!
I actually knew better, but had a "senior" moment with the brain not connected to the keyboard!!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Hmm, it's all right, I guess...
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”