Astro Boy Head Canon

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

If I didn't know any better, I'd say he looked like another character entirely in that shot.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

He also looks taller, leggier in "The Wonderful Christmas Present" where he's skiing.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Here are 2 versions, I think AF made these from frames I supplied:
[attachment=]2601[/attachment]

[attachment=]2602[/attachment]

I think his legs & arms are more than a bit longer than they ought to be.

This is so cute, it's inspired me to draw.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

"Earthshine" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;213193]Here are 2 versions, I think AF made these from frames I supplied:
[attachment=]2601[/attachment]

[attachment=]2602[/attachment]

I think his legs & arms are more than a bit longer than they ought to be.

This is so cute, it's inspired me to draw.[/QUOTE]

(chuckles)

I wish I had that kind of time. But sadly, any time I could spend on drawing seems long gone now.

Zoran loves to cook and clean, and considers herself a Master Chief despite a lack of formal training. Astro does not mind that she cooks, but he finds it annoying that she exaggerates her skills and status. Such as one time when she attempted to cook duck while O'Shay was out, and almost blew up his house when she almost lit the oven without realizing that the gas was on.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Taking a closer look it's one of the few times I've seen him drawn with four fingers on each hand. He usually is drawn with only three.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

In THE TWO PRINCESSES, Mason is next to Fooler; one has 3, the other, 4. :lol:

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Before the events of the series take place, Ochanomizu/O'Shay would often try to warm up to Tenma, because he could see that he needed a friend. Tenma however, would often brush his efforts off, preferring to be alone. Regardless, O'Shay kept trying. Even though most people tell him that it is a useless endeavour, especially once Tenma begins slowly loosing his family.

SuwaHana
Metro City Citizen

Postby SuwaHana » 10 years ago

This head canon is probably getting dangerously close to fanfiction territory, but I figure Atom would be fascinated by Hatsune Miku when she's released to the public in 2007 (assuming Crypton makes a robot to go along with the voice). A robot performer whose entire appeal is that she's so robotic? The AB universe talks about robotic actresses being excessively realistic and virtually indistinguishable from humans, so Atom would probably be interested in the idea of a virtual diva being embraced precisely for her lack of humanity.

Another is that in the 2003 series, assuming Tenma isn't placed in solitary confinement or outright executed (regardless of whatever laws that ambiguously-Japanese-unnamed-country has on criminal punishment, god knows Atom would beg and plead with the powers that be to spare his father), he has those occasional prison visits with Atom (you know, those ones where two people talk to each other through a sheet of glass), in which Tenma does his whole "I am going to act like an elegant and dignified scholar even though I'm an infanticidal sociopath" and Atom overlooks it every single time because he's just glad his father is trying to maintain a relationship with him.

Oh, here's one from the 1960's series. Remember that episode when Atom is blast into the parallel universe where Tobio is still alive and there are these crazy "Metal Men" from space oppressing all of the humans? There's a particular emphasis on Tobio's cowardice in that episode. I like to think that, in learning that Atom was created as an essentially "perfect" version of himself, Tobio comes to resent his father even more, for being capable of such insanity.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

These are great head cannons/ideas!

I too actually had a mental image of Atom visiting Tenma while he was incarcerated, for a little head cannon of my own for the 2003 version Tenma was placed in a mental institution instead of a prison (makes sense to me anyway).

SuwaHana
Metro City Citizen

Postby SuwaHana » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:a little head cannon of my own for the 2003 version Tenma was placed in a mental institution instead of a prison (makes sense to me anyway).

That actually makes much more sense. I was kind of battling with the concept of the visitation for a while. At first, I expected it to be at the Metro City Police Station, but then I remembered that, of course, police station /= prison. Then I remembered that super advanced offshore prison featured in the Jumbo episode, but the problem with that would be the AI scrambling barrier surrounding the facility, preventing Atom's access (as much as Japan loves him by the end of the 2003 series, it's simply impractical and flat out dangerous to turn the barrier off and on all the time so some kid can come see his crazy dad). An institution would be much more logical and practical.
Last edited by SuwaHana on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”