Little Astro Boy (2014 Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

I just watched them a few minutes ago. They were very cute. Though, the quality was okay, but the audio was kinda hard to understand. (Muffled) It was still good though. ;)

Jeez, after I watched both of those videos, one of the reccomendations on the side of the video caught my eye and so I clicked on it. (Yep, it was Hatsune Miku. I ended up watching Vocaloid videos right after the two Robot Atom videos.)

I need to start staying up late. Maybe I should go back to my other routine. Going on the computer in the mornings. (All day and all night so I can have the lappy all to myself. :lol: ) Maybe I will catch the show easier that way?
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Thank you Sporkia, F-Man and Earthshine for giving us a chance to see this - the first new Astro/Atom anime in over 10 years. I am very disappointed it is so "babyish" - I mean, he looks adorable, but I can't imagine this format building any kind of meaningful following. It seems very "silly" and frenetic. Hope I'm proven wrong.

It's almost like "Lego Astro Boy" in how all the characters are designed. And all those strange "alien" creatures . . . WHAT ARE THEY?? I did think it was cool to see the "Police Dog Car" transform into a bot (was that supposed to be Delta?). It almost sounded like Astro said "My brother" in that clip. Audio was REALLY hard to understand.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING FOR US!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

The audio was surprisingly good during the actual stream. I was surprised because every time I checked the live stream before it would sound really bad and even with a loud background hissing, but Little Astro Boy sounded nearly perfect. If it had been as bad as other shows on that stream, I think it's fair to say that my weak mic wouldn't have been able to make anything comprehensible at all.
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

I was also surprised at how good the audio quality was. It was very clear.

Also, it was brought to my attention that this isn't known to everybody: there are currently 8 episodes planned according to this article. Two 15-minute episodes air each Saturday.

Whitelion
Kokoro Robot

Postby Whitelion » 10 years ago

So there will be no reruns of it? Bummer that I missed it. I guess I will have to try and catch next weeks episode?

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

"Whitelion" wrote:So there will be no reruns of it?

Not that we are aware of.

I guess I will have to try and catch next weeks episode?

Yep. Episodes 3 and 4 will air next week.

jennytablina
Metro City Citizen

Postby jennytablina » 10 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Thank you Sporkia, F-Man and Earthshine for giving us a chance to see this - the first new Astro/Atom anime in over 10 years. I am very disappointed it is so "babyish" - I mean, he looks adorable, but I can't imagine this format building any kind of meaningful following. It seems very "silly" and frenetic. Hope I'm proven wrong. It's almost like "Lego Astro Boy" in how all the characters are designed. And all those strange "alien" creatures . . . WHAT ARE THEY?? I did think it was cool to see the "Police Dog Car" transform into a bot (was that supposed to be Delta?). It almost sounded like Astro said "My brother" in that clip. Audio was REALLY hard to understand. THANK YOU FOR POSTING FOR US!!

In all fairness, it's a show for preschoolers - this isn't going to be like the 80's or 2013 anime that covered more serious themes. Anyone expecting this Astro to face Pluto or deal with Blue Knight are going to be left wanting.

This show is basically "Hey what if we took the really cute bits of the 2003 series where Astro plays with toys, interacts with other kids, having fun and made that the focus instead of the other stuff?" It kind of reminds me of Hamtaro, it's main appeal is the cute factor + characters just having fun and occasionally adventuring. That doesn't make it bad, just different. It's the kind of thing you stick on when you just want something cute and happy.

Besides that, while the original overall story and various tweaks over the years have been interesting. I'm not sure we really need yet another retelling of the classic manga stories.

This is an alternate take on Astro, in a universe where he's not judged on his circumstance of birth, and doesn't have to deal with any of the emotional baggage that the other versions of Astro had to bear. He's just a kid that happens to be a super-robot. I think when you think about it that way, that makes the childishness of it more of a delight. Finally Astro can live the life of a real kid, without reality weighing down on him! He can play, have fun with his friends, and do kid stuff without someone forcing him to get serious, or have to save the world *yet again* 5 minutes later. Or have said friend blow up/shot down/assassinated/defeated by pluto :hyo:
Last edited by jennytablina on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Yet he still does save the day. In one of those episodes he stopped part of a stadium from falling on the crowd. He's still the 100,000 HP robot. I suspect his butt guns and arm cannon are not part of this mix, but he can still lift trains and fly with them.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

jennytablina
Metro City Citizen

Postby jennytablina » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Yet he still does save the day. In one of those episodes he stopped part of a stadium from falling on the crowd. He's still the 100,000 HP robot. I suspect his butt guns and arm cannon are not part of this mix, but he can still lift trains and fly with them.

Like I said, he's a curious kid who just happens to be a super-robot too. He's still the protagonist (and he wouldn't be Astro without his robot powers!), but there's a world of difference between Little Astro's heroics vs. standard Astro heroics.

In the other anime, it's generally played up as a serious situation when Astro has to save someone and there's usually a certain level of gravity to the situation too, be it moral, or a case of smarts over power. Here it's just a case of Astro having to sacrifice the year of free snacks to stop his friends from becoming fried pancakes....Astro's still upholding the values of his character (being kind, helping others, and deciding to do what's right) - while doing it with slightly less tragic consequences.

I mean can you imagine Little Astro vs Pluto? It would be like Uran but worse.

Astro: "I like you Pluto! lets be friends! *adorable hug!*"

Pluto: "aaaaa no I'm supposed to beat you and become the greatest robot in the world!"

Astro: "You'll always be the greatest robot to me Pluto! *adorable smile*"

Pluto: "...thanks astro"

(They somehow work out how to fix all the other robots, avoid the self destruct, and become BFF's forever!)

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

"jennytablina" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;223047]Thank you Sporkia, F-Man and Earthshine for giving us a chance to see this - the first new Astro/Atom anime in over 10 years. I am very disappointed it is so "babyish" - I mean, he looks adorable, but I can't imagine this format building any kind of meaningful following. It seems very "silly" and frenetic. Hope I'm proven wrong. It's almost like "Lego Astro Boy" in how all the characters are designed. And all those strange "alien" creatures . . . WHAT ARE THEY?? I did think it was cool to see the "Police Dog Car" transform into a bot (was that supposed to be Delta?). It almost sounded like Astro said "My brother" in that clip. Audio was REALLY hard to understand. THANK YOU FOR POSTING FOR US!!

In all fairness, it's a show for preschoolers - this isn't going to be like the 80's or 2013 anime that covered more serious themes. Anyone expecting this Astro to face Pluto or deal with Blue Knight are going to be left wanting.

This show is basically "Hey what if we took the really cute bits of the 2003 series where Astro plays with toys, interacts with other kids, having fun and made that the focus instead of the other stuff?" It kind of reminds me of Hamtaro, it's main appeal is the cute factor + characters just having fun and occasionally adventuring. That doesn't make it bad, just different. It's the kind of thing you stick on when you just want something cute and happy.

Besides that, while the original overall story and various tweaks over the years have been interesting. I'm not sure we really need yet another retelling of the classic manga stories.

This is an alternate take on Astro, in a universe where he's not judged on his circumstance of birth, and doesn't have to deal with any of the emotional baggage that the other versions of Astro had to bear. He's just a kid that happens to be a super-robot. I think when you think about it that way, that makes the childishness of it more of a delight. Finally Astro can live the life of a real kid, without reality weighing down on him! He can play, have fun with his friends, and do kid stuff without someone forcing him to get serious, or have to save the world *yet again* 5 minutes later. Or have said friend blow up/shot down/assassinated/defeated by pluto :hyo: [/QUOTE]

Funny, cause when I first watched that video clip F-man posted on youtube, I instantly thought "Hamtaro" as well. (And Astro's voice... Reminded me of Hamtaro. :3 )

And yes, I agree. Everything in this show is just soo cute and happy. It's just soo carefree.

But yeah, overall, it's quite babyish, but hey, what do you expect in a pre schooler show? :P
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”