193, Greatest Adventure on Earth

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

You can just FEEL the sheer frustration and wrath that Atom is feeling in that moment.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

I remember seeing the subbed version that someone posted on Youtube years ago; needless to say, it's not there anymore. But for some reason, that just kind of stuck. (Not the memory of what Cobalt's Japanese dub voice sounded like, though, curiously enough...)
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 10 years ago

Fluttershy will express my thoughts on this episode
Attachments
Fluttershy watches Astro Boy.jpg
Fluttershy watches Astro Boy.jpg (31.13 KiB) Viewed 2310 times

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Yeah! Look at those choppers!!

As for Coby . . . awww the poor guy - we all know he was "shelved" because he was not up to the standards Tenma had set for his robotic replacement for Tobio. I say that Mama should have reported this to Dr. O and had him "adjusted" instead of subjecting him to this kind of needless trauma! Obviously SHE'S got "issues" or she wouldn't have made that comment about being the oldest and setting a good example (at least that's what she says in the TRS version with subs)

I feel for you Cobalt - I used to get that kind of thing all the time (being the oldest is NOT fun!) - hope they have shrinks for bots, because you're gonna need one! :(
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

The Boeing Kid
Banned

Postby The Boeing Kid » 7 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Image
Atom reads Napoletan's letter that tells him he should have submitted to his rule. But Atom only becomes more determined to defeat him.

Image Image
I guess these robots have more than Uran's 50kHp, else they could hardly restrain her.

Image Image

Image :hyo:

Napoletan has just told Uran the he has no regard for the fair sex as far as robots are concerned, & that he will dissolve both sexes in acid, if they disobey him.

Image Papa is true to form, encouraging Atom to fight Napoletan, regardless of the danger his family might face because of it. That is, Papa has always been supportive of Atom when he is on a mission.

Notice that the man strips the robots, apparently thinking clothes dignify them. The same thing happened in The Blue Knight, but that was to liken that scene to the NAZI death camps.

These next three have been borrowed from episode #95, Evil Punch Card (86, Magic Punch Card):

Image Image

Atom sees Napoletan's exposed robot brain, & tells him so.

Realizing his is a robot instead of a cyborg, Napoletan goes nuts. Thinking all is lost, he freaks out. & though he does not say so, I add it:

"Oh, no! I'm a robot!"

I am certain that Urasawa drew inspiration from this element, as he makes Abullah have a similar revelation. :astro:

Just before leaping into the acid vat, Napoltetan gives Atom a device that will stop the sun's excessive heat. But if he were human, I would think he would have used this earlier, because it was already becoming too hot for humans.

:cry: so sad:

Just like pinball!

:cry: Oops, it struck a meteor.

:cry: :cry:

Ochanomizu intends to build a new Atom

Next week, Songoku fills this time slot.

Where I'm from, if you hold my family over acid like that, you get bitten by zombie. Not as punishment, but for not paying attention.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 7 years ago

The Boeing Kid: have you no comment about the episode itself? :ninja:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 7 years ago

"The Boeing Kid" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;224424]
Where I'm from, if you hold my family over acid like that, you get bitten by zombie. Not as punishment, but for not paying attention.

You do not need to quote all the images, as it makes the tread overly long and annoying to scroll through. :lol:

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

BTW, I've written two sequels to this episode up on FanFiction dot net.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11896238/1/Bem-Returns

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11524079/1/194

Both of which have different plot devices for explaining how Atom survived. The first brings Bem back, the second is based on the plot idea from the end of "Star Trek II, Wrath of Khan" and "Star Trek III, "Search for Spock".
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”