Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

I agree with AprilSeven. I wish we didn't have to wait this long.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 9 years ago

Wait! a new series? would it be on TV, I tried to follow this thread but still couldn't understand what's going on.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Facebook page translation:
The teaser of Astroboy Reboot is ready! Next step from 13 October in Cannes MIPCOM and February in Miami with the Kidscreen Summit.
Will be seen soon?
Shibuya Productions It is possible that the teaser was shown for the first time to the public in March in Monaco during our MAGIC event.
In so still, it is far away. See you soon!

Whoa . . . Miami? Tetsuwan Penguin lives near there!!! We might have an ABO member able to attend?!
Still it's awful how long this is taking!!

Hey, that's a good reason for you and your husband to come down and visit next winter. Maybe we can go there together?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"Solarcat20" wrote:Wait! a new series? would it be on TV, I tried to follow this thread but still couldn't understand what's going on.

Yes, it'll be on TV. It's actually the producing company's first TV series project.

Check the first post of this thread to get all the details we know so far about the series.

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 9 years ago

@shiyonasan

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Another question was asked on one of Shibuya's Facebook posts regarding the language used in the teaser, and subsequently, the TV series.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=722400601178478&id=277251422360067

The question asked: Weird question: will it be in French or Japanese?

Shibuya's response: There is no dialogue in the teaser, only specific music created in Japan. The TV series will be released in french / english first, then in Japanese and other languages depending of the broadcasters all over the world.

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

That's some pretty big news! Maybe the English version won't be too different from the Japanese version this time.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Hm, it's interesting that it is going to be out in English BEFORE Japanese... Does this mean it will be subbed or dubbed though in English? I'm pretty sure it is safe to say it will be in French but subtitled in English.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Earthshine" wrote:Hm, it's interesting that it is going to be out in English BEFORE Japanese... Does this mean it will be subbed or dubbed though in English? I'm pretty sure it is safe to say it will be in French but subtitled in English.

If they hope to broadcast this series in other languages, then dubbing would probably be the route that many broadcasters would want to take. If I'm not mistaken, the general populace prefers to watch dubbed programming over subbed programming if they have a choice. Even if ABR is first broadcast in French with English subtitles (and possibly subs in other languages), I have a feeling that we'll see an English dub of ABR eventually, along with dubs in other languages.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

if the aim is to specifically appeal to American audiences, then it'll most likely be dubbed in English

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”