Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 9 years ago

Mod edit: I've added info and links about the show.

Click on the spoiler tags to view the images.

click for spoiler
8IP2OEKT_1418226663978.png
8IP2OEKT_1418226663978.png (56.42 KiB) Viewed 25060 times

click for spoiler
10448208_664127647005774_8390097956626234852_n_zps9de57466.jpg
10448208_664127647005774_8390097956626234852_n_zps9de57466.jpg (18.88 KiB) Viewed 26250 times

click for spoiler
8IP2OEKT_1418232857546.jpg
8IP2OEKT_1418232857546.jpg (71.79 KiB) Viewed 24572 times

click for spoiler
Yeux3.jpg
Yeux3.jpg (112.5 KiB) Viewed 24896 times

click for spoiler
8IP2OEKT_1426870965260.jpg
8IP2OEKT_1426870965260.jpg (17.73 KiB) Viewed 21789 times

click for spoiler
Astro Boy Reboot Atlas.jpg
Astro Boy Reboot Atlas.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 25975 times

click for spoiler
Atom M2016.png
Atom M2016.png (120.57 KiB) Viewed 26668 times

click for spoiler
CcPD4ZRWEAAYamZ.jpg
CcPD4ZRWEAAYamZ.jpg (48.62 KiB) Viewed 22603 times

click for spoilerImage

click for spoilerImage

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 1.jpg
MAGIC 2019 1.jpg (95.43 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 2.jpg
MAGIC 2019 2.jpg (89.63 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 3.jpg
MAGIC 2019 3.jpg (85.58 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 4.jpg
MAGIC 2019 4.jpg (88.4 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 5.jpg
MAGIC 2019 5.jpg (120.27 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 6.jpg
MAGIC 2019 6.jpg (101.57 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 7.jpg
MAGIC 2019 7.jpg (106.5 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

click for spoiler
MAGIC 2019 8.jpg
MAGIC 2019 8.jpg (100.93 KiB) Viewed 15692 times

Staff:

• Production: Shibuya Productions (Monaco), Caribara Production/Caribara Montreal (France; Quebec, Canada), Tezuka Productions (Japan), CAKE Entertainment (England, United Kingdom)
  • Producers: Cédric Biscay, Fabien Baboz, Yoshihiro Shimizu
  • Director/Graphic Designer: Florian Thouret
  • Creators: Fabien Baboz, Magali Hellé
  • Based on an idea by: Cédric Biscay

Official announcement on Variety
Official announcement on Facebook
Official announcement on Twitter
Official announcement on Caribara Animation's Facebook page

Shibuya Productions Sites
  • Official Site
  • Projects Page (Astro Boy Reboot is the second project listed on the page.)
  • Facebook (Official announcements can be found in this link.)
  • Twitter (Their Facebook page is updated more often, but some important info is reported on their Twitter page as well.)

Monaco Anime Game International Conferences (MAGIC) Sites

Caribara Sites

CAKE Entertainment Sites

FAQ regarding the canceled Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot:

When was the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot going to be released?

Previously, there was a magazine article from 2015 posted on Shibuya Productions' Facebook page that shared an article from a French publication regarding Astro Boy Reboot, and how the show was planned to be released in 2016. The 2016 release never came to be. The link to that magazine article has unfortunately been lost to time.

According to Shibuya Productions president Cedric Biscay, from a November 2015 French video interview, Astro Boy Reboot was being planned to debut on TV stations sometime in the "back-to-school period in 2017". This would've put the release date for Astro Boy Reboot somewhere in Fall 2017 (the September to December time frame). This video is no longer available online.

Two Nikkei Style articles from April 2016 and May 2016 reported that Astro Boy Reboot would be released worldwide in 2018, starting first in France and then going next to developed/industrialized countries. However, the 2018 release never came to be. You can view these articles in the first and second links below.

A Twitch interview done by kaorinchan during her "Le Cri du Mochi" segment gave an update on the release date for Astro Boy Reboot. The segment with Cedric Biscay discussing Astro Boy Reboot can be found at the 16:40 mark and ends on the 19:20 mark on the YouTube video. During the interview, Biscay stated that there will be an update on Astro Boy Reboot before the summer of 2021; no updates surfaced before or during the summer of 2021. Biscay also stated that there will be "a lot of changes" revealed in the update. The interview can be viewed in the third link below; the full interview is in French.

The Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot has been canceled, as confirmed by Florian Thouret's website. Thouret worked as a graphic designer and director on the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot.

Links:

What languages were the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot going to be broadcasted in?

According to old reports released several years ago, it was going to be released in French and English first, followed by Japanese and other languages depending on broadcasters in other countries. Shibuya Productions stated beforehand that they were in negotiations to broadcast the show on television stations in France and the United States first.

How many episodes was the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot going to have?

There were going to be 52 episodes which would have been 11 minutes long.

What kind of art style was going to be used in the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot?

It would've mixed both 2D and 3D/CG animation, but would've focused more on the 2D animation.

What was the target audience for the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot?

The target audience was 6 to 11 year olds, according to Caribara Montreal.

What was the story in the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot?

There was a synposis on Shibuya Productions' Astro Boy Reboot page:

The story is about a small, powerful robot convinced that he would have to become a little boy, in order to be loved.

However, he is extremely rational, logical and strong. He does not know how to lie or how to play …. in short - he really is not a little boy!
Yet he has emotions, even if he doesn’t know how to manage them. Through his adventures with his two human friends, Fubuki and Akino,
Astro is going to learn how to accept himself just the way he is - with all his weaknesses … and strengths.

Astro Boy Reboot's previous producers had the right to create a completely new story. As the Variety announcement article states: "The retread will be set in the present and boast a contemporary design, targeting new generations of kids. It will incorporate new characters and combine positive things from the past version and new elements."

Links:

Where was the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot going to take place?

The name of the city in the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot (the one shown in the promotional images and teaser trailer) was "Divercity". This was stated on Caribara's websites before Astro Boy Reboot's listings were removed from Caribara's websites.

Which characters were going to appear in the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot?

Astro, Atlas, Tenma, Tobio, Tawashi, and Skunk were the only characters that were confirmed or rumored to return in the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot. There were also four new characters confirmed to appear, two of which are named Fubuki (the boy in the 2016 poster) and Akino (the girl in the 2016 poster). Both Fubuki and Akino also appear in concept art revealed in 2019, which can be seen in the last three links below as well as in the official images that are spoilered at the top of the Caribara section of this post. They were Astro's two human best friends. Also in the Monaco Anime Game International Conferences 2016 promotional poster, a robot with a line of text on his chest that reads either "I4M3S" or "J4M3S" was a new character of some sort that was going to appear. A final cast list for the series was never revealed.

Links:

Anything else I should know about the Caribara version of Astro Boy Reboot?

Astro Boy Reboot is Shibuya Productions' first TV series project that they began work on.

Link:

Original post made by Fuzzy Pickles!:

https://twitter.com/ShibuyaProd/status/475692202707148800

I am curious to see more about this upcoming new series. Hopefully we get more details soon because this may be something I want to see.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:43 am, edited 116 times in total.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

Looks interesting! I wonder what that could be. Hope it's real. :) The world needs more Tezuka cartoons.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I've only briefly looked into this, although the image looks official the account is suspicious. It seems as though it has only made 7 posts, all about this 'upcoming' anime. That's a red flag for me but it could just be coincidence.

I don't have time to research this company and see if that account is official sad to say. Can anyone else validate this?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

The company, Shibuya productions seems real, I found their web site (in French). They list several projects, including the Astro boy reboot, but don't have any detailed information.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

You mean Caribara?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

Caribara is most likely the animating studio since Shibuya is a producer/distributor. That means we can probably expect hand drawn animation since all of Caribara's works are of this type.
I'm on Twitter.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I hope it's real! It looks really cool :)

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 9 years ago

This is cool! I hope we get more information on it, though, so I can really get excited.
It's a magical day!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

[Incorrect info removed.]

This looks pretty official to me. On Shibuya Productions' Facebook page with the same announcement, they say that there's more info to come on June 11th: https://www.facebook.com/277251422360067/photos/a.307245839360625.75538.277251422360067/663872593697946/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Guess we'll find out more tomorrow! Man, two new Astro Boy series in the same year. That's pretty ridiculous, but awesome.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Well, we did hear about a new Astro Boy series coming to France not too long ago, did we not?

Where?
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”