Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Hm, one for teens/adults? Is that referencing the new movie?

Yes. The Nikkei article says that the movie will be intended for people 11 years old and older.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 7 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:
EDIT: Also, if someone knows Japanese, I'd like them to translate this:

[attachment=]5549[/attachment]

My friend, who have not spoken to in a while, has translated the posts:

Summary of the "Tetsuwan-Atomu (Atom Strong-Arm)" age group remake

TV-Anime "Little Astro Boy"
(Intended for children aged 4~6)
A baby robot is created in a remote island lab. The topics revolve around environmental problems. The director of the research facility and guardian of Astro Boy, "Dr. Ochanomizu", his granddaughter "Suzu", the robot kitten "Astro Kitty", and "Dr. Serena" are recurring characters. A Japanese-French co-production. 52 episodes, 11 minutes each. Production cost: About 600,000,000 Yen.

CG TV-Anime "Astro Boy - Reboot"

(Intended for children aged 7~12)
A young robot who lives together with a female doctor and her daughter in a futuristic high-rise building fights bad guys. A French studio had the rights for the remake. 26 episodes, 30 minutes each. Production cost: About 1,100,000,000 Yen.

Live Action Film
(Title pending / For ages 11 and above)
Rights for the remake were given to an Australian studio and the American Warner Brothers Studios. Screenplay, direction, cast and fundraising are still being discussed. It will not be published at least for the next three years.
Last edited by CommanderEVE on Tue May 17, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"CommanderEVE" wrote:[QUOTE=Shiyonasan;239951]

EDIT: Also, if someone knows Japanese, I'd like them to translate this:

[attachment=]5549[/attachment]

My friend, who have not spoken to in a while, has translated the posts:

Summary of the "Tetsuwan-Atomu (Atom Strong-Arm)" age group remake

TV-Anime "Little Astro Boy"
(Intended for children aged 4~6)
A baby robot is created in a remote island lab. The topics revolve around environmental problems. The director of the research facility and guardian of Astro Boy, "Dr. Ochanomizu", his granddaughter "Suzu", the robot kitten "Astro Kitty", and "Dr. Serena" are recurring characters. A Japanese-French co-production. 52 episodes, 11 minutes each. Production cost: About 600,000,000 Yen.

CG TV-Anime "Astro Boy - Reboot"

(Intended for children aged 7~12)
A young robot who lives together with a female doctor and her daughter in a futuristic high-rise building fights bad guys. A French studio had the rights for the remake. 26 episodes, 30 minutes each. Production cost: About 1,100,000,000 Yen.

Live Action Film
(Title pending / For ages 11 and above)
Rights for the remake were given to an Australian studio and the American Warner Brothers Studios. Screenplay, direction, cast and fundraising are still being discussed. It will not be published at least for the next three years.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. :)

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 7 years ago

They're having another MAGIC in February 18th next year. I'm guessing that we'll have to wait till then for more official news or reveals.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"YJ_Doodle" wrote:They're having another MAGIC in February 18th next year. I'm guessing that we'll have to wait till then for more official news or reveals.

Unfortunately, probably yes.

I do know that they're currently at Cannes Film Festival until May 22, so there may be something minor we get out of it (it was from Cannes 2015 that we learned about Atlas being in Astro Boy Reboot), but I'm very doubtful.

https://twitter.com/LudovicPerez5/status/730433536767995904

At this point though, I figure that they must be working hard on it and, whenever they do release new news for ABR, I figure it'll be something great. I think we've just got to be patient at this point.

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Bad luck for us, there's nothing new in the new Cannes video(It's on Facebook). It's basically the exact same from the Cannes 2015 with some additions with other animated projects and fast paced music. Atlas' photo has been reused as well.

On a brighter and smaller note, I think they've kept Atom's old outfit with the belt and black shorts/tights/underwear/whatever. I just noticed that Atlas has a belt halfway on his torso- and since it's pretty obvious that Atlas is a copy of Atom, I'm sure he does as well. So yay...?
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-05-24 21.15.15.png
Screenshot 2016-05-24 21.15.15.png (99.64 KiB) Viewed 7775 times

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

About the music- the composer and his vocalist sister actually are a duo band named Yaneka, and when I asked them on Facebook if they were going to do the complete soundtrack of the reboot. Although they didn't actually reply, they did give me a Like on my comment. So yes, I think it's safe to assume that the music will sound gorgeous. :)

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Look guys, new image!! Now excuse me while I go scream with joy

Edit: Okay I've calmed down a teensy bit, the photo is from Caribara's Facebook page and also is it just me or did that boy's eye colour change from blue to brownish
Attachments
16992534_10154973104619827_1332803218004636478_o.jpg
16992534_10154973104619827_1332803218004636478_o.jpg (40.75 KiB) Viewed 7450 times
Last edited by YJ_Doodle on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

On the list of things I expected to see today, that was not one of them.

Good to see that this series is still being worked on, even if it is taking a while. I just keep telling myself that the companies working on this series are not that big and are also working on several other projects.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 7 years ago

Maybe the boy's eye color looked different because of the glasses thing he's wearing? Or he could be a robot too, with color-change eyes like Astro's in the teaser. But there's certainly been enough time for a design change too.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”