Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
racoonangel
Robot President

Re: Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Postby racoonangel » 3 years ago

That really sucks.. like it seems like forever since it was announced
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 3 years ago

Looks like Cedric Biscay, the Shibuya Productions president, brought up Astro Boy Reboot in an interview from a couple days ago. The interview is in French. The segment about Astro Boy Reboot begins at 16:40 and ends at 19:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wvt3TVM1uA

In short, more news should be available this upcoming summer.

CrystalPinesGF
Kokoro Robot

Postby CrystalPinesGF » 3 years ago

Shiyonasan wrote:Looks like Cedric Biscay, the Shibuya Productions president, brought up Astro Boy Reboot in an interview from a couple days ago. The interview is in French. The segment about Astro Boy Reboot begins at 16:40 and ends at 19:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wvt3TVM1uA

In short, more news should be available this upcoming summer.

Correction, before summer.

My French teacher translated what he said.
There will be a new Astro Boy in a new period. There will be future announcements with concrete details before summer.

The other big project is Cobra. Cobra is always in the phase of development, since it is very difficult to have partners who believe in funding the project. It won’t just be a fundraising story because when we create content even if we admit one is a billionaire. You need to have the top product to distribute it out to people. It is necessary to have a big platform to distribute. It’s true that other developers have demonstrated this at the beginning. I am a fan therefore, it says to me that when I see in people’s homes “Tezuka,” I am astounded. I feel like sharing with you all after that we aren’t Disney or Netflix. These people announce something three months after the thing is already produced. For us, this isn’t the case. We continue to work. I feel confident in the work we are doing and we are working slowly on these two projects.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 2 years ago

Not sure how many people still check it, but the first post of this thread has been updated. It's been long overdue; I don't think I've updated it since 2019 when the new concept art was revealed. All dead links were removed and some of the info updated. You can see it here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8866

Of note regarding the Caribara websites: Astro Boy Reboot is no longer listed on Caribara Animation's website or Caribara Production's website; it is only listed now on Caribara Montreal's website (though the Montreal site lists Caribara Production as a company still working on Astro Boy Reboot).

Worth noting too that, although Cake Entertainment and Tezuka Productions are listed as companies working on Astro Boy Reboot, neither website for each company has ever listed Astro Boy Reboot on their websites.

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bluebell1995 » 2 years ago

I remember reading about the Astro Boy Reboot back when I was active under the username ''Windswept Cloak''. 7 years has passed since then (I checked the dates). Does this mean that the project is now cancelled?

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Bluebell1995 wrote:I remember reading about the Astro Boy Reboot back when I was active under the username ''Windswept Cloak''. 7 years has passed since then (I checked the dates). Does this mean that the project is now cancelled?

It's not officially cancelled. Although Shibuya Productions will not admit to it, it's basically stuck in development hell. It should come out eventually, but as to when it will come out is anyone's guess.

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Shiyonasan wrote:
Bluebell1995 wrote:I remember reading about the Astro Boy Reboot back when I was active under the username ''Windswept Cloak''. 7 years has passed since then (I checked the dates). Does this mean that the project is now cancelled?

It's not officially cancelled. Although Shibuya Productions will not admit to it, it's basically stuck in development hell. It should come out eventually, but as to when it will come out is anyone's guess.

Well, that's too bad. I was really excited for the series back in 2015 when I saw the trailer; the animation looked very interesting. But at least there's still that PLUTO adaptation to look forward to... that project appears to be in-progress, and I'd be surprised if they don't complete it within a few years.

By the way: it's very nice to chat with you again. Thanks for allowing me back on the forum. And if it's alright, I'd like to send you a Private Message at some point because I'm now fully aware that it's against the forum rules to ask about account-related issues on the forum when one could just message a Moderator or Administrator. If this seems agreeable, please let me know. Thank you.

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

I don't want to go too off-topic, so here's another question:

Is it just me, or are most of the characters in these new Astro Boy adaptations completely ''new'' characters? In the Astro Boy reboot poster we have: (1) the red-haired girl who appears to have plant-related superpowers, and (2) the scientist lady with cool hair, and (3) the boy who I thought was Tobio but turned out to have a different name...

If they do release the reboot at any point, will it even be recognisable as an Astro Boy series in terms of story? The main character is obviously meant to be a new version of Atom, but what about his personality and traits? (The 2009 film got his characterisation right, in my opinion, despite the average plotline.) In other words, whatever they're trying to create, I hope at least the story is good and contains the core themes of the original manga.

(UPDATE) I found the Shibuya Productions website!

https://www.shibuya-productions.com/en/ ... t.html,005

It says that each episode will be only 11 minutes long... now I'm curious to see how they're going to deal with the story if each episode is so short.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Astro Boy Reboot has been removed from all of Caribara's websites. The only company website it's listed on now is Shibuya Productions' website.

_n0iro_
Kokoro Robot

Postby _n0iro_ » 2 years ago

It’s a shame, really. The shows published after 03 didn’t have the spirit of the og creation and now the Reboot is probably canceled or at least pushed back. For years there haven’t been any news regarding Pluto either. I have a bad feeling that the entire IP gets neglected.
"In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate" - Isaac Asimov

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”