Uran wears a bra?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Since Astro was supposed to have been a clone of a 9-10 year old Tobio, I always envisioned Uran as being created as a 7 year old sibling.

That's exactly what I first thought off, She seems to act more 7 year old then 5 year old, besides I find that age she a little big for being 5. I don't know maybe just big for being 5. But 7 is about right

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 9 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:It's cute but if that is a training bra it's a little... pointless. Not like she's gonna grow :P

agreed. but hey it was the 60s so it could have been a fad. but if you look very closely at uran's figure. she is drawn more womanly thus in this version she could have been desptied older :astro:
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

"Reid958" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;228801]Holy cow, this gross thread is still going? Who are the guys in this forum who are intensively thinking to themselves whether or not manga/60s Uran wore a bra?!

She's 5 years old in the 1980 and 2003 series, so I hope nobody's thought that deeply about those incarnations. :sick:

I know, this thread sounds crazy, and still going. :unsure: ..now...wait did you say URAN is actually 5 year old robot :eek:

I've being wonder her age is, all this time :d oh:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the 1980 anime, 1980s AB mangas (see: Dark Horse's volume 23 for all of them), the 2003 anime, and even in the NOW! Comics series, she's intended to be approximately a kindergartner. She's shown to be too young to go to school in all these series, though in the 1980 anime, she goes to some art classes and a preschool sort of school.

The thing that bothers me about this thread is how people like twice my age are examining a cartoon child from the 60s anime for "womanly curves" to justify wondering whether or not she needs to wear a training bra, and that obviously weirds me out.

EDIT: Even if Uran IS aged 7-9, to who does it concern whether or not she has breasts?
Last edited by Fauna on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

infernalmachinequeen
Kokoro Robot

Postby infernalmachinequeen » 9 years ago

you guys are disgusting, why are you talking about an underage girl's underwear, I'm surprised you haven't all been banned for dragging this on for so long :shifty:
:astro: infernalmachinequeen.deviantart.com :astro:

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

This thread is starting to get a little too uncomfortable for me, and I'm sure the same is true for other people as well.

Closing this thread.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”