Atom: The Beginning (Manga Discussion)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

A bit of a shorter chapter summary this time! At the chapter beginning, activity in the forest seems to have hit a weird standstill. Ivan has stepped right on A106. Nobody's moving, and the kids start freaking out and fighting as they think A106's energy has run out. Elsewhere, Skunk is going wild, and orders Ivan to finally crush A106 underfoot.

Ran starts praying for A106's safety. But at the same time, under Ivan's foot, A106 starts to electronically communicate with the original Mars. Mars takes pity on A106 to an extent, and at that moment, weighs the option of helping him out from under Ivan.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

I hope someone translates this, so that English is in the speech bubbles. Also, thank you Fauna for being able to translate it. :3

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

I've heard that it's getting a French translation, apparently. No word on English yet, though.
lolwut

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

Astro Boy must be popular in France. I know that some manga tends to be more popular in some countries than others. For instance, Saint Seiya is more popular in Spain and Italy then the UK or US, as the manga cannot be found in English but in Spanish.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

The preview for Chapter 18 is now available. Very action-heavy preview with most of the action being a fight between A106 and Mars:

http://www.heros-web.com/works/viewer/atom_1606/index.html

Also, the cover page for this chapter announces that Volume 3 of Atom: The Beginning will be released on June 3. You can pre-order it on Amazon Japan:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%88%E3%83%A0-%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BB%E3%83%93%E3%82%AE%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0-%E3%82%AB%E3%82%B5%E3%83%8F%E3%83%A9%E3%83%86%E3%83%84%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC-%E6%89%8B%E3%83%BB%E6%B2%BB%E8%99%AB-%E3%82%86%E3%81%86%E3%81%8D%E3%81%BE%E3%81%95%E3%81%BF/dp/4864684626/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1462032432&sr=1-3&keywords=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%88%E3%83%A0+%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BB%E3%83%93%E3%82%AE%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0

EDIT: I just noticed that the volumes are being released twice a year. So, sequentially, Volume 4 should be released in December 2016, Volume 5 should be released in June 2017, and so on and so forth.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 7 years ago

I've just preordered volume three! I can't wait to get a further look at the secret agent lady and young Skunk!

In this chapter, we open with Ivan horribly damaged. He lies in a crater, saying, "The moon...is pretty...Someday...I want to go to it..." A106 commends Ivan, as Ivan has finally been brought out of an AI-devoid "zombie" state, as A106 calls it. Mars dismisses this as just being a glitch resulting from A106's attack. A106 angrily refutes this.

Ivan's speech is starting to slow. Skunk and his co-hort (who I can't decide is a fat version of Daisuke Jigen or a bald/bearded version of Vodka from Detective Conan) start screaming for everyone to get away from Ivan, since he's going to explode. Ivan is only able to say "Project...T...", and he detonates.

The two humans are knocked back, but survive, aside from colliding with a tree. A106 is partly dusted and smelted, and doesn't understand why Ivan had to die. Mars explains that it was Ivan's one programmed function if his "mission" failed. In the midst of a smoking, warped crater, Mars leaves A106 in the forest and flies off.
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 7 years ago

I ordered v 1 - 3.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 7 years ago

Hehe, knowing myself, I would order it then stick translations on the speech bubbles. :lol:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

As announced on Anime News Network, Atom: The Beginning will receive an anime adaptation. I had a feeling this would happen, and I look forward to it.

Source: Anime News Network

Anime News Network wrote:Astro Boy Prequel Manga Atom the Beginning Gets Anime Adaptation

3rd volume of manga by Ride Back's Kasahara ships on June 3

Japanese shopping website 7net is currently displaying the cover of this year's July issue of Shogakukan's Monthly Hero's magazine, which reveals that Tetsuro Kasahara's Atom the Beginning manga will receive an anime adaptation. The actual issue ships on June 1.

Kasahara launched Atom The Beginning in the magazine in December 2014 as a prequel of Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy manga. Tezuka's son Makoto Tezuka handles the editorial supervision of the manga, and the series is in collaboration with Tezuka Productions. Masami Yuuki (Patlabor the Mobile Police, Birdy the Mighty creator) is credited with "concept works" for the series. Shogakukan will ship the third compiled volume of the manga on June 3.

The manga tells the story of what happens up until the birth of Astro Boy, and is considered an "episode zero" story.

Kasahara's Rideback manga inspired a television anime series in 2009 and Funimation released the series on home video. Kasahara is also currently drawing the Full Metal Panic! 0 manga in Kadokawa's Monthly Dragon Age magazine.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

I hope Crunchyroll will stream the anime on line with sub title captions like they did for 'Young Black Jack'.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”