Official releases/videos

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 7 years ago

About the Korean 2003 set #2, did they ever even make this? I thoght only the 1st set was made.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:About the Korean 2003 set #2, did they ever even make this? I thoght only the 1st set was made.

YesAsia lists it as a buyable product, so I assume that it was actually made.

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Re: Official releases/videos

Postby Genshi-san » 6 years ago

i should make some alterations, since i own almost all varriations of the 80's series, the manga Set barly includes any extras, mostly charecter bios and a restoration video, no creditless openings nor closing, it seems like it was maby based off of the MADMAN set, and was probably changed later down the line, with advertising and boxes allready being printed, and it being considered too late to recall and modify it

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 4 years ago

Seems Madman are doing a 40th anniversary release for the 80s series. I imagine it’ll just repack the disks of what they currently sell, but with a fancier package.

Would be nice if it were a little more, maybe featuring dual audio. But I doubt it.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 4 years ago

-Nick- wrote:Seems Madman are doing a 40th anniversary release for the 80s series. I imagine it’ll just repack the disks of what they currently sell, but with a fancier package.

Would be nice if it were a little more, maybe featuring dual audio. But I doubt it.

Can you link to an official source where this is confirmed?

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 4 years ago

I check the forums for the upcoming months releases. Seems there’s a listing on the main site though.

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/searc ... =Astro+boy

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 4 years ago

-Nick- wrote:I check the forums for the upcoming months releases. Seems there’s a listing on the main site though.

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/searc ... =Astro+boy

Ah, there it is.

A shame that it won't have the Japanese audio, nor will it fix the combined episode (it lists 51 instead of the original 52 episodes), but it is neat to see them re-releasing this with the 40th anniversary of the 1980 series being this year.

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 2 years ago

Discotek Media is releasing the 80s series on Blu Ray in May! English subs included!

I bought the JP blu rays years ago, but will probably grab this as I never got a release with english subs for the Japanese.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 2 years ago

-Nick- wrote:Discotek Media is releasing the 80s series on Blu Ray in May! English subs included!

I bought the JP blu rays years ago, but will probably grab this as I never got a release with english subs for the Japanese.

Wow! That is significant! Good to see a proper release for the 1980 series.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 2 years ago

Any such release on DVD?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”