We're baaaaaack!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Re: We're baaaaaack!

Postby Kitty Lue » 6 years ago

Shiyonasan wrote:I found an odd fix for that; the same issue happened in my threads, and all I had to do to fix it was go into edit mode for my posts, click preview, don't change anything, and then click save. The broken links fixed themselves.

If you have any specific posts you'd like me to fix with images in them, let me know, and I'll fix them for you. Due to the editing time limit on posts for normal members, only mods and admins can adjust the posts, so I'll take care of it.

EDIT: Just fixed any broken links in your art thread, Kitty Lue. For anyone else who needs broken links fixed in their threads, let me know.

Thanks, Shiyonasan!

I checked my frame-tweening thread as well since I know I had images in that, and it looks like it's Google Drive links broken this time.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

Tetsuwan Penguin wrote:I've noticed that my avaitar, which worked OK against the darker background we had before, lacks the 'pop' against the lighter background we have now.

I know the feeling. Mine was anti-aliased for a dark background.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

DrFrag wrote:
Tetsuwan Penguin wrote:I've noticed that my avaitar, which worked OK against the darker background we had before, lacks the 'pop' against the lighter background we have now.

I know the feeling. Mine was anti-aliased for a dark background.

I was actually about to change the background of my avatar to the color of blue that used to be in the background of the forum (transparency would make me have to compress the poor GIF even more :lol:), now I'm waiting for the re-skin to see if it'll be the same color of blue.

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 6 years ago

One (great) advantage from the current look is that this has a mobile-friendly version when you browse the forum on your mobile phone, which the previous one did not has (it showed the desktop look instead).

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Sandi Two wrote:One (great) advantage from the current look is that this has a mobile-friendly version when you browse the forum on your mobile phone, which the previous one did not has (it showed the desktop look instead).

True. Although I liked being able to view the forums in the same way for both desktop and mobile, I do enjoy having the text rearranged when I turn my phone to view vertical and horizontal. The VBulletin forums would automatically do this on my desktop when I changed the zoom (I generally had the zoom at about 90% since I use a 4x3 CRT monitor and people would often post images only suited to not stretch a 16x9 screen), but I had no control over text organization on mobile.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

Many of the desktop features didn't work on my phone, such as searching and PM. I haven't yet tried it out on my phone to see if that stuff now works again.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Tetsuwan Penguin wrote:Many of the desktop features didn't work on my phone, such as searching and PM. I haven't yet tried it out on my phone to see if that stuff now works again.

Oh yeah, I forgot for a bit that searching never worked for me on mobile. I sent PMs from mobile quite often, though, so that must depend on the type of mobile device.
I think I'll try a search on here now since I'm currently on mobile. xD

Edit: I've confirmed that search now works on mobile for me. :w00t:

EDIT 2: I've noticed a more minor thing, but it does raise some questions. Browsing some of the threads that originated on VBulletin, I noticed several cases where the :doh: emoji had been used, but separated by a space so that it appeared :d oh:, and the space was always between the d and o. One case I saw was from me in a post that I recall seeing the emoji working properly in, so I think this happened in the transfer. I did a search for doh since :d oh: used too short of "keywords", and only 44 results showed up so I read them all. I confirmed my suspicion that every occurrence of "doh" was used as a word instead of an emoji, and each case where the same post used :doh:, it was changed to :d oh:. I think every occurrence of that emoji was automatically changed to :d oh:.
While this isn't a particularly important problem to have fixed, I get the feeling that a similar thing may have happened with other strings in cases where it might be more important.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 6 years ago

One thing I noticed just now was the circle icons. Some of them have a scrolling animation, and some don't. Is this just to show when threads are really long or something? Seems kinda redundant since you can see the number of pages on the right anyway...

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Juanita wrote:One thing I noticed just now was the circle icons. Some of them have a scrolling animation, and some don't. Is this just to show when threads are really long or something? Seems kinda redundant since you can see the number of pages on the right anyway...

I was wondering a similar thing. On the VBulletin forums, there was a key at the bottom of the page that told you what the different icons meant in relation with popular threads and new posts, but I haven't found any such key with the phpBB forums. :confused:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

Looks like the icon scrolls when there are 15+ posts. There's also a red star if you've contributed.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”