WINDOWS 10, finally!

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

WINDOWS 10, finally!

Postby jeffbert » 1 year ago

My 1st impressions on this, my 2nd 'upgrade' from 7 to 10, is, why did they take away the ability to make the colors what I want? The only way I could find, was to select HIGH CONTRAST mode. I had my 7 set to use the Xp look. I used green borders for the active window, & red for the inactive. Worked for me. I found a 'light' scheme or whatever it was called, that seemed to work.

So, I had to install several Dell drivers, flash the bios, etc., & so far, everything I have used works fine. Have not yet tried WORD Xp, though. I have hundreds of autocorrect definitions, ranging from the Japanese for 'Atom', to much longer ones, 'rbp=' expands to Japanese for Rainbow Parakeet. My WORD is so old, I doubt I could upgrade to the current one, & still have all those autocorrect entries. I use POWERDVD 13, so, that is way out of date. I hate 'upgrading' because they no longer have certain features.

So, when I 1st upgraded, I had a mere 8GB of ram; now, 16GB. Then, I was really dependent on my gadgets, one of which showed the ram & processor usage. I have always had many windows open. Chrome has over 50 tabs. So, two years ago, I switched back to 7. Now, since it is being dropped from support, Chrome recently ceased supporting it with very important upgrades.

Return to “General Discussion”