Rashomon: Thurs 6/15 at 8 PM on TCM

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Rashomon: Thurs 6/15 at 8 PM on TCM

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

This classic film, need I say it again, will be on this Thursday 6/15 at 8 PM on TCM. It is Kurosawa's story of rape as relold by several men's perspectives.

While the rape is not a family-friendly topic, I started this topic because of the film's influence on American TV & films.

Its story was adapted to the American Western Genre in a film called "The Outrage" which starred Edward G. Robinson & W. Shatner. However, that film was not received so well as the other Western adaptations of Kurosawa's films.

I have seen A Johnny Bravo episode 'Rashomoron' that also used multiple perspectives. :lol:

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 18 years ago

I've wanted to see this movie...... forever! :o hmy: Thanks for telling me! :w00t:
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 18 years ago

Strange. One of Kurosawa's greats by all means, yet after seeing it once, it is one I feel no ambition to see again. Just saw Kobayashi's Harakiri--now there is a GREAT film!

A film by Kurosaw that no one ever sees but is amazing is one of his early ones: "Stray Dogs'. A fantastic cop drama that also is part documentary about post ww2 japan and has an incredibly humanistic theme to it (what seperates cop from criminal?) Beautiful cinematography and great acting!
Last edited by O2Destroyer on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 18 years ago

You mean no one is going to stop you from making mention of this adult film?
You are'nt going to be stopped from posting or get banned? I would never have mentioned that one movie for stark fear... :lol: :D Of course I have nothing to say... :tenma: :heart:
I love Kurasawa's "Dreams" the Fox sequence...
Last edited by cybotron on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 18 years ago

cybotron wrote:I love Kurasawa's "Dreams" the Fox sequence...

This is true. That fox sequence is among one of the most powerful sequences I can think of in cinema.
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 18 years ago

Ok...
I'll take the chance and mention this....
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Return to “General Discussion”