Madman releases Phoenix 2772 and Kimba movie DVDs

Off topic discussion.
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Madman releases Phoenix 2772 and Kimba movie DVDs

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Madman have released Tezuka's Space Firebird 2772 move (Phoenix / Hi No Tori) on R4 DVD:
http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=6785&method=view
This looks really interesting, because Tezuka considered Hi No Tori his "life's work". I've only seen it on someone's *cough* ftp site, and it didn't have subtitles (I think was released on VHS though).

And Tezuka's Jungle Emperor Leo movie (Kimba the White Lion):
http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=5992&method=view

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 17 years ago

I really want to click 'buy it now' upon reading this, but I've heard quite a bit of speculation for a US release...

Hmmm...wait or buy???

(incidentally, the Jungle Emperor movie has been out here in the US for something like 2 years. It is strange who gets what movies first.)
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 17 years ago

Just saw Space Firebird 2772. Absolutely fantastic, well worth importin. This film (in its original language at least) is an essential part of Tezuka's output featuring animation on par with the short experimental films he did. Many familiar characters show ups as well. Short of a bit of indulgence now and then (Tezuka just loves to animate weird things!) this may be one of the best anime movies I've seen, though that is only confirming how much distaste I have for modern anime...)

Those of you with R4 capability, what are you waiting for? :hyo:
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

Return to “General Discussion”