The Amazing Video Game Music thread!

Off topic discussion.
Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 18 years ago

fafner wrote:Image

Oh, I noticed that Sid Meier made that game. He also made a game called Sid Meier's Pirates. I've seen advertisments for his Pirates game alot in magazines.
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kimba » 18 years ago

And now, I'll go back to more Sega stuff (trust me, there's a LOT of songs to choose from Sega games). This game used to be rare, but, due to Sonic Gems Collection, it's widely available.

1997 Title: Aurora Fields ~ Black Bed
2005 Title: Fairy of A.I.F.
Artist: "Sonic Team"
Album: "Sonic the Fighters Official Soundtrack"

This game is the last of a few things. It's the last Sonic arcade game, the last appearence of Nack the Weasel (excluding the comics; Heck, Nack just appeared in last month's issue!), and the first and last apperences of Bean and Bark in the Sonic series (again, excluding the comics; shortly after this game, they had playable apperences in some soccer game and Fighters Megamix, (both) for the Saturn). It was also the first appearences of Amy's Piko Piko Hammer, Tails' workshop, and the first ENTIRELY 3-D sonic game (there was a neat playable extra in Sonic Jam that was 3-D, but it doesn't entirely count). It was released in the arcades in Japan as "Sonic the Fighters" and in the US (and I think the UK) as "Sonic Championship" (since Sega of America was afraid of associating Sonic with fighting at that point in time). Of course, this "Championship" version was rare to find, so most American and European gamers never got to play the game. An interesting tidbit is that if you go to a certain gaming arcade in Las Vegas, they STILL have the game there PLAYABLE! Anyways, a Saturn version was planned, but, since Sonic's popularity was dwindling (and the Saturn was a bomb overall), it was canned. This game pretty much disappeared from the Sonic Community's eyes, and the only proof it ever existed was old gaming magazine articles and a cameo of Bark the Polar Bear and Bean the Dynamite in ONE old issue of Archie's Sonic comic. Fan interest was revived when, out of the blue, three random one-shot characters from an old Sonic game were revived in "Sonic Heroes". After this happened, fans wondered what other old characters could be revived. There was (and still is) Mighty (an Armadillo from the same game as the three who were revived), Nack the Weasel, Ray (a flying squirrel who appeared in another game that had the armadillo), and... Bark the Polar Bear and Bean the Dynamite! Many speculated (and some still do), but nothing came of it. So fans decided that they wanted Sega to rerelease it on a game collection (as they had previously done with the Genesis and Game Gear games). Fans waited... and waited... and waited... One random day in early January, a person looking at new copyrights on a website noticed that Sega had put a copyright on the name "Sonic Gems Collection" along with a logo. He reported this on a Sonic message board, and the news quickly spread to the farthest reaches of the Sonic Community. Many were hopeful (mostly for the Sega CD game "Sonic CD"), others dismissed it as Sega tricking the fans, other thought it was a clever prank of some sort. But, lo and behold, at E3 2005 (AKA "It's Adult Link!!! OMG!!!! BBQ!!!!!!"), Sega officially announced "Sonic Gems Collection" and confirmed what games it had on it shortly after (and it did have Fighters on it). A very short time before Sega released the collection, the rough and tough sailors (well, at least the mouth) at the website Sonic Cult did some snooping around the Arcade ROM, and discovered that, there was a hidden character. She was based off of the Fighting Viper (the game this game is based off of) character Honey.

Anyways, the game was rereleased in "Gems Collection" for the PS2 and Gamecube in Japan and Europe, and only for the Gamecube in the US. Despite being renamed "Championship" everywhere but Japan, it kept it's original name for the rerelease. The graphics were tweaked a little, Honey was removed, and a special surprise was added. The collection had remixes of different songs throughout Sonic's history, and Fighters wasn't left out as it had the opening song remixed as well. But, along with the remix of the title song, a VOCAL remix was made of the Aurora Fields level (under the title "Fairy of A.I.F.)! So, tonight I'm including both the version in the game AND the vocal remix! :cool:

Download "Aurora Fields ~ Black Bed":
http://rapidshare.de/files/25154841/06-aurora_icefield___black_bed.mp3.html

Download "Fairy of A.I.F":
http://rapidshare.de/files/25157572/00_fairy_of_a.i.f..mp3.html

And to wrap up the night, here's a Honey the Cat fan picture (I'll post one a night. I'm surprised just how many fans want Sega to revive her.)

Edit: The post time says 12:01, but my clock says 11:58, so I still made it. Nah!
Last edited by Kimba on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Punch-Out: Astro Style!

Starring: Astro as Little Mac, Dr. Elefun as the Referee, and Daddy Walrus as the Fat guy Who Makes You Wear a Pink Jogging Suit!

Kimba wrote:Wow, this thread fell faster than Astro flying really high with low energy.

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Title: "Artisan's Home"
Album: "Spyro the Dragon"
Artist: "Stewart Copeland"

Designed by the people at Insomniac Games (man, this fits considering what time I posted this) and produced by Universal Studios, Spyro was meant to be the second mascot of the Playstation alongside Insomniac's sister company Naughty Dog's Crash Bandacoot. And he was the mascot for the first three games. Then Insomniac (and Naughty Dog) had enough of Universal controlling the way the games were made, and quit. Insomniac went on to make the Ratchet & Clank series, and Naughty Dog went on to make the Jak & Daxter series. Universal assigned Traveler's Tales to make more games, and the overall reaction the the new games are "WHY TORTURE US SO?!?!???". The music of the original trilogy is breathtaking. Simply amazing. (No, that's not the reason I chose this. I just thought of Sony while deciding a game, and this was the first one that came to mind. The music is still breathtaking, though.) But, you can't help but think of "The Amanda Show" while listening to some of the tracks.

Download "Artisan's Home"
http://rapidshare.de/files/25249419/02_-_artisan_s_home.mp3.html

I've edited the previous post to remove the rediculous amount of Honey the Cat pictures, and will now put them up one at a time.

Here's today's:
(My personal favorite BTW. :lol: )
Last edited by Kimba on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starring: Astro as Little Mac, Dr. Elefun as the Referee, and Daddy Walrus as the Fat guy Who Makes You Wear a Pink Jogging Suit!

Kimba wrote:Wow, this thread fell faster than Astro flying really high with low energy.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

fafner wrote:I will put one too, I hope I won't be bothering :p

During recent weeks, I have been playing a lot Civilization IV. And what is striking is the beauty of the introduction theme, which is played as soon as the game starts.

The introduction theme of Civilization IV (3.3 Mb).

thats looks like some thing from planet Delta

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Is anyone going to comment on the songs?

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Guess no one's gonna comment... :confused:

Today is "Remix Day" AKA "I Can't Figure Out What Series to Cover Today!" :lol:

(And, yes, I did promise these when I started the topic off, so sorry for not putting them up earlier in the week.)

Download "This is My Happiness (Tom Jones A-Go-Go Mix)":

http://rapidshare.de/files/24798017/14_-_this_is_my_happiness__tom_jones_a-go_go_mix_.mp3.html

Download "This is My Happiness (Sonic Team Unplugged 2004 Version)":

http://rapidshare.de/files/24796358/04-this_is_my_happiness__space_channel_5_part_2_.mp3.html

Download "I Just Smile (Sonic Team Unplugged 2004 Version)":

http://rapidshare.de/files/24747639/02-i_just_smile__burning_rangers_.mp3.html

And here's today's Honey the Cat picture (including Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel, two more lost characters):

Last edited by Kimba on Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Now that Mr. Skunk and Latu have left, my entire audience is gone... :cry:

Title: "Katamari on the Swing"
Artists: "Various Artists"
Album: "We Love Katamari Original Soundtrack"

The second game in the trilogy, and the last one for the PS2, We Love Katamari has been deemed the best of the Katamari game several times. Made after Namco was shocked by how many people bought and LOVED the first one, they decided to make TWO sequels; One for the PS2, and one for the PSP. The plot of this game goes like this: The King and the Prince are shocked at how much popularity they have gained on Earth. So, the King of All Cosmos destroys half the universe again, and he takes requests from the people of Earth on different ways to form the planets (Blue objects, live objects, ect.). The Prince and his cousins must accomplish these goals, and as they finish the levels, cutscenes are shown that show how The King of All Cosmos first came to Earth and met The Queen of All Cosmos.

And I'll just say, this song ROCKS!!!

Download "Katamari on the Rocks":
http://rapidshare.de/files/24947840/04_-_katamari_on_the_swing.mp3.html

And here's tonight's Honey the Cat picture:

Goodnight Everyone!
Last edited by Kimba on Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

[/QUOTE]

thats a cool picture... i like it

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Phew, made it a few seconds before the deadline (would've gotten it up earlier, but I was watching Pee-wee's Playhouse (on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network) and then the Headlines segment of The Tonight Show With Jay Leno)!

Well, this music should need no introduction, but I will put one up tomorrow/today if you can't get it.

Download "Opening Theme"
http://rapidshare.de/files/25510587/101_-_opening.mp3.html

And here's the nightly installment of "Honey the Cat":

Goodnight everyone! :)
Last edited by Kimba on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

cool

Return to “General Discussion”