Total votes: 33

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 17 years ago

Oh, and I dressed as Father Christmas before, so... I must be ancient. XD

PuppetMasterKuruku
Kokoro Robot

Postby PuppetMasterKuruku » 17 years ago

I'm 20. I wish I was still a kid, life totally sucks now and everyday it becomes a much bigger struggle to avoid losing it and killing myself. Enjoy being young, because soon everybody will expect everything out of you, along with all of your undivided attention at their whim 24/7 for even the most worthless of things, and you'll seldom have a moments peace.

Also, work sucks a lot more than school. Day after day for far too many hours, your legs feeling broken, your breathing worse than usual, overwhelmed with confusion and fear, doing everything in your power to keep humming tunes in your head to block out thoughts of ending your life. Speaking of which, I recently lost it on the job and got fired, and now my family hates me.

The only times I'm ever happy are when I'm at my friend's. When I'm not, I'm questioning existence, the universe, being, insignificance, the state of all, man's definition of "peace", the burden of technology, and all those other deep subjects, and quite frankly I don't think I have any right or reason to be in this world at all. God, I miss my blissful childhood. I'd take the physical abuse over the mental anguish any day! :cry:
[sigpic][/sigpic]

For one that served under Dracula, you seem much too weak.
It's been said that the devil forgemaster's power rivals that of Death. -Trevor Belmont

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Well, for some people, the school years are the most difficult. For others, it's early adulthood or some other part of their life.

Hopefully you will feel better in the future, PuppetMasterKuruku. :astro:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

SEE! thats 100% a good reason why i don't want to get older! :mad:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"Sparx" wrote:SEE! thats 100% a good reason why i don't want to get older! :mad:
I'm much more happier now than when I was a teenager. I definitely wouldn't go back. I also have a feeling that my best years are still ahead. ;)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

Oh thanks Astro Forever, you are so warm harted for everyone on this site, that what makes you a fantasic mod! :D

Also that makes me look forward.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

"PuppetMasterKuruku" wrote:I'm 20. I wish I was still a kid, life totally sucks now and everyday it becomes a much bigger struggle to avoid losing it and killing myself. Enjoy being young, because soon everybody will expect everything out of you, along with all of your undivided attention at their whim 24/7 for even the most worthless of things, and you'll seldom have a moments peace.

Also, work sucks a lot more than school. Day after day for far too many hours, your legs feeling broken, your breathing worse than usual, overwhelmed with confusion and fear, doing everything in your power to keep humming tunes in your head to block out thoughts of ending your life. Speaking of which, I recently lost it on the job and got fired, and now my family hates me.

The only times I'm ever happy are when I'm at my friend's. When I'm not, I'm questioning existence, the universe, being, insignificance, the state of all, man's definition of "peace", the burden of technology, and all those other deep subjects, and quite frankly I don't think I have any right or reason to be in this world at all. God, I miss my blissful childhood. I'd take the physical abuse over the mental anguish any day! :cry:

I am very concerned about you. If you really are being serious, you need to learn to be thankful you are you rather than me. :hyo: But even I, with all my physical handicaps have it better than others I have known. If you want, I will detail my condition; however, let me say this for now: when I was your age I too, felt as you say you do. Looking back, I am now wondering how I could have been so depressed. Even with multiple handicaps, there was much that I had going for me. You really ought to think about positive things even if they seem too few.

I know from experience that you are setting yourself up for failure by only thinking about negative things. I too, at your age disliked being told the things I am telling you. I too, wanted to wallow in depression, & did not want anyone trying to cheer me up. But let me tell you this, I wish I had listened to and heeded those who tried to cheer me, my last 28 years would have been better. At the very least I might have been able to see opportunities that I overlooked because I thought I was a total failure.

If you need a friend to confide in, I am here, & I have already been through the loneliness and depression, and whatever you might care to name. :D

PuppetMasterKuruku
Kokoro Robot

Postby PuppetMasterKuruku » 17 years ago

Being young is so much better. You retain information easier, keeping yourself awake is much easier, things in general are more entertaining and meaningful, you're in less pain and simple things like moving and breathing are easy, you're not constantly feeling sick in a haze and struggling to keep yourself upright, you don't have to shave and try to remember how to get a tie correct, and the only thing people expect from you is to go to school.

I used to get beaten up and bullied at school, and very few people wanted anything to do with me. I was sad and alone, but I thought when I got older I would be able to find peace. Well, that's somewhat true, as I almost never get angry and I value most everything else before myself. Quite frankly, and to be blunt, I have no virtually no value in myself and making others happy brings me far more joy than amusing myself. I'd be content living in a shack and eating what I could find over living in an apartment and worrying about how to fill out a document that's supposed to be important, this world is so confusing to me. I have no talents or skills, and I can't really remember names and numbers, and paperwork confuses me.

My parents are angry at me because it's been years since I started learning to drive and I still can't do it. I get very nauseated trying to drive, and I can't remember any of the rules. I hate driving, I hate big business and corporations, I hate quite a lot of complicated things. I am very simple, I think, and my boss was very upset that not once was I able to use the register correctly. As a kid, I never knew the reason they were trying to teach me things was to do complicated and meaningless things for paper to keep myself alive one more day. I think I might be too worthless to exist in this complicated and overwhelming world, and I don't know what to do. :cry:

Being young was great. I was allowed to play, I didn't have to think about my future and worry about percentages and tax and other things I don't understand, and I didn't live in constant fear of being put on the spot and told I had to do things I didn't know anything about. People keep telling me to do things and make decisions that have no meaning to me, and I constantly get yelled at and hit, and I never understand why everybody is so angry. Even the simplest work is too complicated, I hate being alive very, very, very much, and I don't know why I have to keep living. I don't believe this is anything close to the peace mankind is supposed to be striving for, and I think I may have a serious problem. :unsure:
[sigpic][/sigpic]

For one that served under Dracula, you seem much too weak.
It's been said that the devil forgemaster's power rivals that of Death. -Trevor Belmont

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Surely there must be something you know how to do. Such negativity drives people away.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

PuppetMasterKuruku, it looks to me that you might have autism or some other pervasive developmental disorder. I recognize in you the same hate for bureaucracy as I have :sick:
- Well, it's easy sir: fill the paper AG-25742 that will give you permission to get the paper H-4421566, then in turn you'll...
- Oh well... what does that damn field mean? :mad:
- Easy. Just fill in you traveller number.
- I can read it! What's that thing? :confused:
- It's written on your passport, right after "passport number". Can't you read?
- Well, why isn't it called "passport number" on you paper then? :shifty:
- <random answer irrelevant to me>
- And what do I put in "destination address"? I change hotel almost each day for 2 weeks? :o hmy:
- Fill them all.
- There isn't enough room :o hmy:
- Your problem.
- <gasp> :cry:
And go on, and go on, for almost each field... Just a small excerpt of my trip to China not so long ago ;) (I have invented the number of the papers though)
I have Asperger syndrom, and therefore the implicit logic behind the name of many fields is often obscure to me ("traveller number" and "passport number" for example), not to mention the pointless goal of the whole thing. It also causes many people to think I am weird, some of them reacting in a very unpleasant way. Overall, it seems you have the same problems is I had (and still have in some extent), the main difference being that at least some people could live with me and my "weirdness" :p
I would also add that such difficulties doesn't mean that someone is "worthless", as it is only a handicap in limited fields (often linked to social). I had thought for a long time that I was worthless, for the same reason as you. I know today it isn't true: I have a good job where I can fullfill usefull tasks. I am a computer developper, and I often end up with the code that the boss found somewhere and that nobody understands :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “General Discussion”