I could not sleep!

Off topic discussion.
Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

I could not sleep!

Postby Eileen sobora » 17 years ago

I'm now awake and shocked, Something was pulling me back and forth in my bed, I was getting scared so i woke up and it did the same thing while I was awake! :eek: I suggest it was something like a ghost but i couldn't see it! Has this ever happen to you, please tell me or PM me. :cry: I'm so exhausted. :hyo:
PS: It is now 5:26 AM and I'm still afraid to go to bed. :cry:
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/
A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

I have had occasionally some kind of terror in night when I was a child. In my case, it was more caused by the fact I was not fully awake.
I remember once I awakened in the middle of the night, in complete darkness. I searched the wall, and instead found that what I was touching was completely unknown, and I started to panic. I screamed, and one of my parents came to see what was happening. When the light was lit, I realized that I was indead touching the wall, but I had awakened turned about 45° than usual, and because of this I hadn't recognized it was the wall :d oh: Once fully awake, I couldn't believe I had been completely lost for a mere 45° rotation :eek:
I later learned to cope with such "night terror" by waiting a while to be sure I was fully awake, then try to find concrete evidence of what caused me terror. I never found any :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

i use to sleep in my mum's room i moved becuase every time i use to go into that room by my self i would have a strong feeling that i was bing watched so i would put my back to the wall and try and for get about but then it would feel like so one was watching from the other side of the room i would get all jumpy and stuff then with time it would get so bad that i would leave the room sceaming and runing i'm still scered of to today and i'm 14 years old... lol this is gotta be the longest post i've ever done on this site

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 17 years ago

It's happened to me before, it's very unpleasant, tho with me it's usually just a short episode of sleep paralysis with some Micropsia.

It happens to alot of people. Here's some stuff on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

I hadn't understood it could be about sleep paralysis. Strange Wings had told us something about that a long time ago here.
Anapan is right: although it is rare, between 1/3 and 1/4 of people have that at least once in their life. I had that too about twice each month for a few months not a very long time after Strange Wings' post about it, and since then about once every 6 months. Scary the first time, only barely annoying after a few times :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

I do not remeber ever waking up afraid of a ghost as a little kid but it probably happened it is no big deal you probably just got confused from being up so early. :lol:
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

I spent 3 weeks in Greece last year, the last week was spent on a boat in the middle of the ocean while we were traveling to the Greek islands. I was with a group from school. My first night back home I woke up at 3 in the morning, and I was convinced I was still on the boat and everyone had left without me. I was never so scared in my life. I ran to turn on the light, so I could suposedly get dressed and go find help, but when the light turned on I realized I was safe in my own room. Not being able to worry about being left behind, just to have that sort of relief.... it's the best feeling in the world.
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

The worst one I've had was becoming conscious and none of my senses working. I think only part of my brain woke up. It felt like about 10 minutes, but it was hard to tell how much time was passing. I couldn't see or hear, I couldn't even feel anything. It was just silent blackness and my own thoughts. I was very sick at the time, most mornings I was paralysed for over an hour after waking.

Our brains can do weird things shifting in and out of sleep. Don't worry about it, once you see the daylight and you're fully awake the dream memories fade very fast.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

Well hopefully your ok now. Or is something still bothering you :confused:
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

Actually, I really have seen a ghost. I know I wasn't still asleep, trust me. Besides my grandma saw it too and told it to go away.

It was along time ago. I was asleep on my side, facing the wall. I woke up and needed to roll to my other side. So I did. Then, I see something sitting at my desk chair which was not pushed in under my desk. It was a gray fuzzy man figure. I know I was not dreaming, I actually tried to clear my eyes to get a better view. At the time I knew not to be afraid of scary shadows in my room. I was trying to figure out what it could be. Could it be my desk, my chair, ect. No, because then the man figure waved at me or it looked like something move. It looked like a wave and it looked like a man.

My grandma was staying at my house. She tells my mom that she had seen a ghost sitting at the edge of their bed. Could of been the same ghost. Well, anyway, my grandma told him to go away.

My grandma tells me not to be afraid of ghost. Dude, it is so hard. You would think you'll be able to take it. I don't know. When I saw that ghost, I slowly turned back, facing the wall and closed my eyes and told myself the ghost won't hurt me.

I now push in my chair under my desk.

Return to “General Discussion”